Anyone else concerned?

Forzacitizens said:
I do realise that we're not in July yet but I do worry about where we're heading.

Everyone is disappointed that we didn't get Isco, that happens in football and I accept at present Real Madrid are a lot bigger football club than we are.

We have sold Tevez and I don't see who we could get as a replacement for decent money for the same quality.

Dan Taylor has just said we won't be spending big on a striker and Guidetti isn't happening.

Have we greatly changed our spending strategy now looking for bargains?.

We didn't get our first choice targets last year and look what happened.

We got second last season. We currently have a stronger squad and a much better manager. Not concerned at all.

blightee said:
waspish said:
itisrising said:
But are there not better options out there than him e.g. Paulinho. I don't get why we paid 30M on a player we had ZERO competition for while the Spuds are set to sign Paulinho, for whom is 3 years his junior, for half the cost. Fernandinho is a good player but no value for the 30M.

Because Paulinho is level below him

Then why is he wearing a banana yellow strip scoring goals in the confed semi finals and putting his team into the final, whilst fernandinho is sitting at home tweeting about bullocks
1. Scoring one goal doesn't suddenly make him better
2. Fernandinho has had a disadvantage of playing in Ukraine which most people do not take seriously (even though Shakhtar are a damn good team) and one of the reasons for moving to us is a chance to play well and gain more respect.

Someone posted on here a while back would you consider it a good transfer window if we signed no one else other than the two we have already, we still need a back up keeper if Pants is going and the left back and defence still haven't been addressed. I think Isco was a luxury signing personally not really fussed whether he comes or doesn't. If it stopped right now even wwith Tevez going provided everyone upped their game from last season we will challenge for the prem league. Stop flapping.

Indeed, sign a striker and get a keeper in if Panty leaves and I would be happy enough with that, strong squad is strong and who knows how much Pele will get out of them!

Rammyblues said:
Someone posted on here a while back would you consider it a good transfer window if we signed no one else other than the two we have already, we still need a back up keeper if Pants is going and the left back and defence still haven't been addressed. I think Isco was a luxury signing personally not really fussed whether he comes or doesn't. If it stopped right now even wwith Tevez going provided everyone upped their game from last season we will challenge for the prem league. Stop flapping.

Agree.....

NoahCity said:
blightee said:
waspish said:
Because Paulinho is level below him

Then why is he wearing a banana yellow strip scoring goals in the confed semi finals and putting his team into the final, whilst fernandinho is sitting at home tweeting about bullocks
1. Scoring one goal doesn't suddenly make him better
2. Fernandinho has had a disadvantage of playing in Ukraine which most people do not take seriously (even though Shakhtar are a damn good team) and one of the reasons for moving to us is a chance to play well and gain more respect.

Fernandinho has a few caps, but obviously didn't impress enough to earn a regular place, shaktar are regular champions league team (hardly unknown) plenty of brazil lianas playing in Eastern European leagues that have made it for brazil, fernando may well prove to be the player you say he is, but your reasoning doesn't really make sense to me

Rammyblues said:
This..

waspish said:
Rammyblues said:

Agree.....

Disagree

The-Dogs-Pollocks said:
waspish said:
Our owners are not in business to lose money they want to make money!

I think we might just buy Villa and that's that for our spending plus Navas and Fernandino that's good Business

How would buying villa make business sense?

In the same way that buying RSC and Wayne Bridge made business sense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.