Anyone else concerned?

NoahCity said:
blightee said:
waspish said:
Because Paulinho is level below him

Then why is he wearing a banana yellow strip scoring goals in the confed semi finals and putting his team into the final, whilst fernandinho is sitting at home tweeting about bullocks
2 words. fucking Jo
tell me how can willian not go yet Jo gets picked.?

I'm concerned as I think the options to replace tevez ate pretty poor with the exception of cavani and Suarez...neither of whom are going to sign for us.

Is have only sold tevez once a replacement was in place....and there isn't

The-Dogs-Pollocks said:
waspish said:
Rammyblues said:
Someone posted on here a while back would you consider it a good transfer window if we signed no one else other than the two we have already, we still need a back up keeper if Pants is going and the left back and defence still haven't been addressed. I think Isco was a luxury signing personally not really fussed whether he comes or doesn't. If it stopped right now even wwith Tevez going provided everyone upped their game from last season we will challenge for the prem league. Stop flapping.

Agree.....

Disagree

The scum won the league with just the fat one and RVP we have 2 players better than them 2 with a far superior midfield we will challenge for all trophies also we have a better manager that the ginger one

simon23 said:
I'm concerned as I think the options to replace tevez ate pretty poor with the exception of cavani and Suarez...neither of whom are going to sign for us.

Is have only sold tevez once a replacement was in place....and there isn't

That you know of.

The-Dogs-Pollocks said:
NoahCity said:
blightee said:
Then why is he wearing a banana yellow strip scoring goals in the confed semi finals and putting his team into the final, whilst fernandinho is sitting at home tweeting about bullocks
1. Scoring one goal doesn't suddenly make him better
2. Fernandinho has had a disadvantage of playing in Ukraine which most people do not take seriously (even though Shakhtar are a damn good team) and one of the reasons for moving to us is a chance to play well and gain more respect.

Fernandinho has a few caps, but obviously didn't impress enough to earn a regular place, shaktar are regular champions league team (hardly unknown) plenty of brazil lianas playing in Eastern European leagues that have made it for brazil, fernando may well prove to be the player you say he is, but your reasoning doesn't really make sense to me
I just had a quick look at all the Brazilians at Shakhtar (Willian included) and there was no one with more than 5 apps for Brazilian senior side. There's Hulk but he got exposure at Porto, not really down to his time at Zenit.

Pam said:
The-Dogs-Pollocks said:
waspish said:
Our owners are not in business to lose money they want to make money!

I think we might just buy Villa and that's that for our spending plus Navas and Fernandino that's good Business

How would buying villa make business sense?

In the same way that buying RSC and Wayne Bridge made business sense.

i know villa may not be in his prime but this is an astounding comment

NoahCity said:
blightee said:
waspish said:

1. Scoring one goal doesn't suddenly make him better
2. Fernandinho has had a disadvantage of playing in Ukraine which most people do not take seriously (even though Shakhtar are a damn good team) and one of the reasons for moving to us is a chance to play well and gain more respect.

I think my basic point has been missed. I wasn't saying that Paulinho is better than Fernandinho (They are on a similar level IMO) but what represents better value for money. We seem so concerned about FFP yet we choose to.buy a player like Fernandinho while there are players who represent better value. I was merely referencing Paulinho as someone you could compare him too in terms of value and what you would get for what you have paid. I really wish we took Juve as an example; Brought in a young CM with bags of potential (Vidal) and helped develop him into a fantastic CM and now have a player on their hands that not only has ability but has a very good resale value and now they've done it again wit again with Pogba. The signing of Fernandinho makes little sense to me.

LoveCity said:
The-Dogs-Pollocks said:
waspish said:

Never seen fernandinho play, brief chumps league highlights only, but big phil Scolari doesn't seem to agree with you, guess we will have to wait and see

It's been said a hundred times but... players in the Russian and Ukrainian league are overlooked by Brazilian selectors. Fernandinho's big reason for moving is to try and get noticed again. He DID have a spell in the Brazilian NT and was excellent, arguably their best player. But then he went back to being ignored again with Scolari's return. Having only seen Fernandinho in the CL and Paulinho for Brazil it's hard to compare, but based on those alone Fernandinho is a better player. Fernandinho has performed well at an extremely high level against strong midfields like Dortmund's (the same midfield Yaya couldn't handle) and Juventus'.

Hulk plays for zenit, looks pretty average and overrated in this tournament but is a regular for brazil under Scolari, I am not trying to knock fernandinho as I haven't seen enough of him to form an opinion, but I wouldn't put his exclusion from the brazil squad down to the fact he used to play for shaktar

Didn't someone say Pellegrini picks his first eleven and plays them until he thinks the players need resting. Well it may be we actually find out how good Dzeko is if he is played week in and week out for a long spell certainly put all the fanboys to bed if he turns out shit, alternatively he he bangs them in left right and centre we all know that maybe it was tactics last year that saw his form dip. It would be worth it just to find out. :-)

RandomJ said:
I don't know to be honest. Still plenty of time to go so anything can happen but so far we have overspent on Fernandinho and paid over the top for Navas when we were the only club in for him and have sold our second best striker and missed out on Isco so it's not been a great start by any stretch of the imagination.

This sums it up perfectly.

Why is this thread in the transfer forum btw?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.