Anyone else concerned?

The-Dogs-Pollocks said:
LoveCity said:
The-Dogs-Pollocks said:
Never seen fernandinho play, brief chumps league highlights only, but big phil Scolari doesn't seem to agree with you, guess we will have to wait and see

It's been said a hundred times but... players in the Russian and Ukrainian league are overlooked by Brazilian selectors. Fernandinho's big reason for moving is to try and get noticed again. He DID have a spell in the Brazilian NT and was excellent, arguably their best player. But then he went back to being ignored again with Scolari's return. Having only seen Fernandinho in the CL and Paulinho for Brazil it's hard to compare, but based on those alone Fernandinho is a better player. Fernandinho has performed well at an extremely high level against strong midfields like Dortmund's (the same midfield Yaya couldn't handle) and Juventus'.

Hulk plays for zenit, looks pretty average and overrated in this tournament but is a regular for brazil under Scolari, I am not trying to knock fernandinho as I haven't seen enough of him to form an opinion, but I wouldn't put his exclusion from the brazil squad down to the fact he used to play for shaktar
Hulk made his name at Porto, done very little for Zenit.

i'm actually fairly excited about how quiet we've been. makes me think the brass is up to some real coups

The Fat el Hombre said:
RandomJ said:
I don't know to be honest. Still plenty of time to go so anything can happen but so far we have overspent on Fernandinho and paid over the top for Navas when we were the only club in for him and have sold our second best striker and missed out on Isco so it's not been a great start by any stretch of the imagination.

This sums it up perfectly.

Why is this thread in the transfer forum btw?

So a ball hasn't been kicked yet but we already now their not value for money. Triffic.

andrewmswift said:
i'm actually fairly excited about how quiet we've been. makes me think the brass is up to some real coups

Just to offer the alternative view, everyone thought this last summer even up to the last day of the window, and it didn't go so well.

waspish said:
The-Dogs-Pollocks said:
waspish said:
Agree.....

Disagree

The scum won the league with just the fat one and RVP we have 2 players better than them 2 with a far superior midfield we will challenge for all trophies also we have a better manager that the ginger one

They also had wellbeck and chicaristo, van Persie was awesome last season and more or less won them the title on his own. Lack of goals was our major failing IMO.

Aguro to is on the same level as Rvp, if he stays fully fit and plays to his ability, but I don't rate dzecko that highly, towards the end of season his confidence was shot and he couldn't be arsed even trying in a few of the games. Think utd had a better strike force last season and if we don't get a decent replacement for tevez, they will have stayed the same and we will have gone backwards.

I agree our midfield is our strength, if we were to sign a good replacement for tev and a new left back to challenge clichy I'd say we would be in with a shot

berniethebusman said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
RandomJ said:
I don't know to be honest. Still plenty of time to go so anything can happen but so far we have overspent on Fernandinho and paid over the top for Navas when we were the only club in for him and have sold our second best striker and missed out on Isco so it's not been a great start by any stretch of the imagination.

This sums it up perfectly.

Why is this thread in the transfer forum btw?

So a ball hasn't been kicked yet but we already now their not value for money. Triffic.

Pretty much Yea. One of the sevilla blokes said there was no one else in for navas and they Would have accepted a smaller fee, that said, i Think the fee was a decent one personally. Unlike the fernandinho fee Which anyone who knows their arsehole from their earhole will tel you was way too much

How big, though? Cavani was a lot of money.

It was already revealed we would spend 40m for Cavani. That sounds 'big' to me. If in the new age, 'big' is only 60m euros or more, then I won't be too worried if we won't spend that on a striker.

NoahCity said:
The-Dogs-Pollocks said:
NoahCity said:
1. Scoring one goal doesn't suddenly make him better
2. Fernandinho has had a disadvantage of playing in Ukraine which most people do not take seriously (even though Shakhtar are a damn good team) and one of the reasons for moving to us is a chance to play well and gain more respect.

Fernandinho has a few caps, but obviously didn't impress enough to earn a regular place, shaktar are regular champions league team (hardly unknown) plenty of brazil lianas playing in Eastern European leagues that have made it for brazil, fernando may well prove to be the player you say he is, but your reasoning doesn't really make sense to me
I just had a quick look at all the Brazilians at Shakhtar (Willian included) and there was no one with more than 5 apps for Brazilian senior side. There's Hulk but he got exposure at Porto, not really down to his time at Zenit.

Though jo played at cska? Even Wagner love used to get a game at one point

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.