Anyone else concerned?

FrancoisToure said:
simon23 said:
I'm concerned as I think the options to replace tevez ate pretty poor with the exception of cavani and Suarez...neither of whom are going to sign for us.

Is have only sold tevez once a replacement was in place....and there isn't

That you know of.

At present yes...we have announced the 2 signings we have made...we may be in negotiations for others but as of yet and until there is word from the club we haven't signed any one to replace tevez.....like I said if we awere going to sell tevez we should gave made sure that we had the replacement already signed and in place.

And the biggest question is will replacements be of the,same level ....I don't think they will which means therefore it could be a backwards step unless mp can work wonders with dzeko and get Silva Nasri and yaya scoring more....plus how many assists did tevez have last year...quite,a,few I think

The Fat el Hombre said:
Pretty much Yea. One of the sevilla blokes said there was no one else in for navas and they Would have accepted a smaller fee, that said, i Think the fee was a decent one personally. Unlike the fernandinho fee Which anyone who knows their arsehole from their earhole will tel you was way too much

They just sold the clubs idol, you not think there might have been a bit of spin put on that?
So no matter what he does, its all irrelevant we overspent on fernandinho? How much did we buy him for? I couldnt tell you, i've seen about 5 different prices quoted.

andrewmswift said:
i'm actually fairly excited about how quiet we've been. makes me think the brass is up to some real coups

That line was used a lot last year and bar nasty and rodwell is,say it,was pretty much disateriys in that we lost out on our major targets....which we seem to have done again

The-Dogs-Pollocks said:
waspish said:
The-Dogs-Pollocks said:

The scum won the league with just the fat one and RVP we have 2 players better than them 2 with a far superior midfield we will challenge for all trophies also we have a better manager that the ginger one

They also had wellbeck and chicaristo, van Persie was awesome last season and more or less won them the title on his own. Lack of goals was our major failing IMO.

Aguro to is on the same level as Rvp, if he stays fully fit and plays to his ability, but I don't rate dzecko that highly, towards the end of season his confidence was shot and he couldn't be arsed even trying in a few of the games. Think utd had a better strike force last season and if we don't get a decent replacement for tevez, they will have stayed the same and we will have gone backwards.

I agree our midfield is our strength, if we were to sign a good replacement for tev and a new left back to challenge clichy I'd say we would be in with a shot

I agree what you say about Dzeko but with Pellegrini I believe we will see a different player

The-Dogs-Pollocks said:
NoahCity said:
The-Dogs-Pollocks said:
Fernandinho has a few caps, but obviously didn't impress enough to earn a regular place, shaktar are regular champions league team (hardly unknown) plenty of brazil lianas playing in Eastern European leagues that have made it for brazil, fernando may well prove to be the player you say he is, but your reasoning doesn't really make sense to me
I just had a quick look at all the Brazilians at Shakhtar (Willian included) and there was no one with more than 5 apps for Brazilian senior side. There's Hulk but he got exposure at Porto, not really down to his time at Zenit.

Though jo played at cska? Even Wagner love used to get a game at one point

Just checked and seems jo is back in brazil so maybe you do have a point ( can't believe he's managed to get into their squad!) just seems strange that he can't break into their side if he really is that good, where do you see him fitting into the team? In the Barry/Garcia role or further up the pitch?

berniethebusman said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Pretty much Yea. One of the sevilla blokes said there was no one else in for navas and they Would have accepted a smaller fee, that said, i Think the fee was a decent one personally. Unlike the fernandinho fee Which anyone who knows their arsehole from their earhole will tel you was way too much

They just sold the clubs idol, you not think there might have been a bit of spin put on that?
So no matter what he does, its all irrelevant we overspent on fernandinho? How much did we buy him for? I couldnt tell you, i've seen about 5 different prices quoted.

If he was that valuable to them and we knew we'd get ripped off then we probably should have looked at other options. He might prove value for money but he'll have to do a hell of a lot in the 4/5 seasons he'll be here to make up for such an extortionate fee (£30 million plus most seem to Think)

Knocked out two early, high class signings of players who immediately address the major holes in the squad. Great new manager with a track record of building successful and attractive teams. Sensible deal for Tevez. Window barely open, never mind not even halfway thru... nope, not even remotely concerned. If we did nothing else, I'd feel like we had a very solid transfer window.

Our squad, today, is the best balanced, deepest squad in the Premier League. I wouldn't swap our manager, our defence, our midfield, or our strikers line for any other team. United are one RVP injury away from being average. Chelsea are brittle in midfield. Arsenal can't score in a brothel.

simon23 said:
andrewmswift said:
i'm actually fairly excited about how quiet we've been. makes me think the brass is up to some real coups

That line was used a lot last year and bar nasty and rodwell is,say it,was pretty much disateriys in that we lost out on our major targets....which we seem to have done again

Your spelling of disastrous is, erm.....

waspish said:
The-Dogs-Pollocks said:
waspish said:
The scum won the league with just the fat one and RVP we have 2 players better than them 2 with a far superior midfield we will challenge for all trophies also we have a better manager that the ginger one

They also had wellbeck and chicaristo, van Persie was awesome last season and more or less won them the title on his own. Lack of goals was our major failing IMO.

Aguro to is on the same level as Rvp, if he stays fully fit and plays to his ability, but I don't rate dzecko that highly, towards the end of season his confidence was shot and he couldn't be arsed even trying in a few of the games. Think utd had a better strike force last season and if we don't get a decent replacement for tevez, they will have stayed the same and we will have gone backwards.

I agree our midfield is our strength, if we were to sign a good replacement for tev and a new left back to challenge clichy I'd say we would be in with a shot

I agree what you say about Dzeko but with Pellegrini I believe we will see a different player

Well I hope your right, I have read bits in the evening news saying that pellers thinks he can do the business for us (hence why we have gone cool on cavani). But personally I'm not convinced, Even if he does come good I think two recognised strikers and guidetti who hasn't really played since his illness is bloody risky, surely we need at least one more if we are trying to compete in the champions league and prem?

I'm a bit concerned FFP is ripping our team apart tbh.

Lack of any marquee signings since aguero plus the departure of a few top players.

If we replace Tevez with Gomez or nobody at all I'll be even more concerned. Short of attacking talent imo which already was only good enough for second place before the sale of Tevez.

Improve or lose 2nd place to Chelsea imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.