Anyone else concerned?

The chairman said by the end of the window we will have a team to challenge in the Champions league. That will do for me.

BillyShears said:
simon23 said:
You are presuming that for instance MP will be able to get better out of all the players while RM didnt....Im not turning this into a MP vs RM thing but I will say that a lot of players improved in my opinion under RM. I hope you are right in saying the same about MP and I fully agree with the fact also that RM didnt get the best out of nasri in particualr...Im not so confident on Dzeko though and this is where I think unless we do make a quality signing where money will have to be spent we may then struggle (esp if we are unlucky and Kun gets injured again)...and my main concern as stated earlier is that our choices are limited in terms of bringing someone in that is going to have that immediate impact and sustain the level of quality we have had in the past 2-3 yrs..(cavani and isco are pretty much no goers and the rest just wouldnt cut it above what we have had....regardless of playing style and certainly not with the playing style that seems to be suggested (unless we can get David Villa - yet surely he will want very high wages and then that take us into tevez territory)..plus he is a short term solution though may allow us time to develop a youngster or 2.

Without as you say, wishing to turn this into a Mancini v Pellegrini thing - outside of the four metaphorical walls of the Etihad, the world of football watched as City's team deteriorated under Mancini to a point where at times they disgraced themselves. To improve upon that won't take much, and when you look at the margins we lost out on the league by, then I expect us to win the league next season, even if we sign nobody else.

Your point about quality forwards is a fair one, although it's entirely premised on the notion that Edin has peaked. If I had to make a judgment call on what is going to happen to Dzeko, and I've said this before, I suspect under Pellegrini he will flourish and turn in to the beast we expected him to be when he signed. So that would give us two world class forwards, which is enough, as I say, even if we sign no one else.

I think you also have to recognise that our goals from midfield tally was simply not good enough last season. You would expect two of Sami, Silva, and Yaya to reach double figures but none of them did.

On the subject of Tevez. "I met with Pellegrini and told him I wanted to move".

fair enough on the tevez bit as I hadnt seen that

I think like you say Nasri will certainly improve under pellegrini as he was a goal scorer at Arsenal and he should certainly contribute more. Silva - tis the only weak part of his game to be honest - his shooting/finishing is pretty poor at times but Im not too bothered about that.....

Im hoping the arrival of fernandihno will allow us to see the beast that we all know Yaya is and that he will get into double figures with goals..he was too tied up last year with defensive duties (which lets be honest about, he aint that good at!!!)

I just hope you are right about edin I really do as I just havent seen it from him yet...he just doesnt seem to have the fight in him (but maybe as you say its cause of his relationship with Mancini)....we will see

I still think one extra striker is a must however purely with the injury and rotation needs and for me Guedetti is far from ready and needs to go on loan for a year like chelsea did with lukaku

hope this transfer window will NOT be as bad as the last one.

WORRYING TIMES FOR ALL MCFC FANS.

some one said "we are in safe hands" who,s hands are they !!!!

Do we hold the record for the most flappers on a forum ?

Soriano said they knew which players they were going to go for -

The first two were signed easily = happy people on forum.

Cavani was the third but his release clause is stupidy high and city refuse to pay it.. Nothing wrong there in my eyes. Infact its refreshing to see that we are not being held to ransom again.

Isco has chosen to go to Madrid and good luck to him.

Oh no we have not signed two more players !! = flappy people on forum.

Regarding the Tevez sale, he has wanted away for over a year.. We have to get some money back for him and this was the last opportunity to do so. We also have to be 100% that he is leaving before shelling out on a replacement and there will be players who are on the list to approach..

Have some faith its early days

TexasBlueMoon said:
Macca373098 said:
That price was over paying wages. Not over paying transfer fees. Transfer fees generally aren't where big clubs add greatly to their bottom line, it's the crazy wages which certain types of players bring with them. To use an example, I suspect that Fernandinho's wages are closer to Garcia's than Yaya's. In terms of impact on the team, he'll be closer to Yaya than Garcia. That type of business we probably couldn't do three years ago because of where we were in our development, but we can do it now.

Why did we then refuse to "overpay" for Isco? or RVP?

Isco wanted to go to RM.

We didn't have space for RVP because we couldn't sell any of our strikers. If we had then we would have paid him what he wanted.

If we keep the squad we have left and add two more forward i feel we will be right up amongst them.

I expect the two Spaniards to use their dossier of players in Spain who are on lower salaries and amenable to a move. Isco was always going to be a harder nut to crack, but I expect one or two signings that nobody has really considered.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.