Anyone else concerned?

Forzacitizens said:
I do realise that we're not in July yet but I do worry about where we're heading.

Everyone is disappointed that we didn't get Isco, that happens in football and I accept at present Real Madrid are a lot bigger football club than we are.

We have sold Tevez and I don't see who we could get as a replacement for decent money for the same quality.

Dan Taylor has just said we won't be spending big on a striker and Guidetti isn't happening.

Have we greatly changed our spending strategy now looking for bargains?.

We didn't get our first choice targets last year and look what happened.
We've got our number one and two targets this Summer though. More than anything we needed a top quality player in Barry's position and another attacking/creative player, someone with pace, to complement Nasri and Silva. We've got both in Fernandinho and Navas, spending £47m in doing so.

Anyone else we sign will just be bonuses to add to what we've already got.

As things currently stand i'd be a bit worried going into a new season so lightweight up front ...... but i'm sure Pellegrini will rectify that , if he doesn't he may well regret it at some stage next season.

I am very concerned as well, sorting out the likes of Lescott/Barry still can be hard, letting someone go free never an option for me, especially sub players on big wages like Lescott and Barry would be if they would stay for the next season.

We need one or even two strikers and not the plan B, plan C strikers. We need Cavani or even Suarez. That type of goalscorers.

Also with selling Kolarov, probably Lescott too, we have get good quality backups in defence.

There is still much to do in this transfer window. We can save a lot of wages, but we have to have a stronger, better squad end of August or we will be just weaker with a smaller wage list. Hardly a big magic.

Hope signing someone like Gomez is not going to happen. Also hope we buy some another winger with goals. As Silva, Navas not really scoring much. We cant rely only on strikers scoring.

Caveman said:
Forzacitizens said:
I do realise that we're not in July yet but I do worry about where we're heading.

Everyone is disappointed that we didn't get Isco, that happens in football and I accept at present Real Madrid are a lot bigger football club than we are.

We have sold Tevez and I don't see who we could get as a replacement for decent money for the same quality.

Dan Taylor has just said we won't be spending big on a striker and Guidetti isn't happening.

We've got our number one and two targets this Summer though. More than anything we needed a top quality player in Barry's position and another attacking/creative player, someone with pace, to complement Nasri and Silva. We've got both in Fernandinho and Navas, spending £47m in doing so.

Agree BUT at the same time if the club were aware that tevez was leaving a top strike should have been/should now be a major priority......plan a has viirtaully gone (cavani).....plan b and c's (jovetic, lewandowski,dzeko "coming good" etc) for me wont cut it imho

Caveman said:
Forzacitizens said:

i dont know many people that would consider who we`ve bought as being of the very highest quality. and at 27 and 28 respectively neither navas or fernandinho would deserve such an accolade

simon23 said:
dzeko "coming good" etc for me wont cut it imho

And where to if Cavani turns out to be another Dzeko ie. good in a team which plays only for him, struggles in a top team with top competition ?

Surely it makes more sense to back one of your own players for the next 12 months rather than just blithely writing him off as "won't cut it" whilst dreaming about 100 million pounds transfers (which the likes of Cavani and Suarez will be).

r.soleofsalford said:
Caveman said:
Forzacitizens said:

i dont know many people that would consider who we`ve bought as being of the very highest quality. and at 27 and 28 respectively neither navas or fernandinho would deserve such an accolade

I tend to agree with that. Thought the club would be going for younger top class players. There's still plenty of time to change this. Also I have high hopes that Pellers will get Guidetti playing at the top of his game like he was at feyanoord.

BillyShears said:
simon23 said:
dzeko "coming good" etc for me wont cut it imho

And where to if Cavani turns out to be another Dzeko ie. good in a team which plays only for him, struggles in a top team with top competition ?

Surely it makes more sense to back one of your own players for the next 12 months rather than just blithely writing him off as "won't cut it" whilst dreaming about 100 million pounds transfers (which the likes of Cavani and Suarez will be).

Maybe we're going to push Nasri up front.

Re: Anyone else concerned

I am very concerned and not just about the players going and coming in
but the whole new setup from the board room to the new manager

I would like to know who is running the football side of things is the manager getting players he wants or is Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain having control of the in and outs at man city

I hate the tag of Director of Football and the roll of him at the club
does the buck stop at his door or the manager gets the sack if things goes wrong who do the players go to if they are not playing its a very dodgy line to cross

its like the new give youth a chance coming out of the club but are they any good to go straight into the first team not many ripping up the youth team last season so that's a big concerned for the new season

do we wait to see and snap up players in the last day of the window or just
spend big in the next month and hit the ground running and feed in 2 or 3 youth players in the cups games

concerned? you bet I am

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.