Anyone else concerned?

supercity88 said:
I am not concerned in the slightest. We have been going through the phases as a club. We had a huge amount of money when we were taken over and our whole vision and aims changed. But you cannot go from surviving in the league to elite and globally recognised team overnight. We got players in that we couldn't have secured without money. Those included paying massive wages and or fees for the likes of Tevez, Barry, Bridge, Kolo and Adebayor. They took us to the next level and we pushed on to European competition. We then bought in the next tier of players like Silva, Yaya, Aguero etc and also had to fork out massive fees and wages.

We have won the league and cup and I believe Mancini's dismissal was the right decision. I will always love and respect him as he ended our trophy drought. But we now have a manager who will nurture and guide his players, someone who is not as narrow minded or egotistical as Mancini. Mancini was a great player but that does not always make for a great manager. Pellegrini is an intelligent man who focuses on tactics and man management and will get the very best out of the players we have.

Our very best players now are a combination of those who were wanted by a lot of clubs and were big names. Yaya, Silva, Aguero for example. We also added Kompany, Nastasic, Zabaleta who were somewhat under the radar and have proved to be incredible signings. We have a strong core of players and have addressed our major issues from previous years. Pace, width and dynamism have been added through Fernandinho and Navas and we have tried to lure a future talent to the club in Isco. We should never pay an agent/players father £10m and the club have rightly walked away. There are loads of great players out there and we cannot sign them all.

My main point would be that it gives me a sense of pride that players like Zabaleta, Kompany and now Nastasic have been spotted by the club and have become excellent players. Kompany and Zabaleta are fantastic ambassadors for our club as well. Pellegrini is renowned for being shrewd in the transfer market and I think Txiki has learnt from mistakes made at Barca, that big names do not always make the best signings.

I am happy with the players we have added and I am confident we will address the weaknesses that remain and will pay appropriately for them. Last years mistakes were from a poor strategy, we refused to pay the agents fees for Hazard and then paid too much for alternatives that Mancini never handed a role to. Pellegrini will not allow this to happen and indeed Txiki has commented on a better strategy this time around.

Have faith, we have off loaded a significant amount of wages this year and we will secure great players that will add to our squad. The future is blue.
Far too sensible a post at the moment on here, can we get him banned? He's raising the whole level of the forum by far too much.<br /><br />-- Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:08 am --<br /><br />
Shirley said:
tijuana tev said:
Joehannes said:
It's not even July. It's not about not being allowed to criticise the club, it's about getting a fucking grip.
GET A FUCKING GRIP.......!!!??????? . How do you expect fans to react when we have just got rid of the best manager we have had in 34 years , who has won us 2 major trophies, who has been compared to Alex Ferguson by the man who was once his right hand man, who was unceremoniously dumped by the club. Didnt we all cry out for stability. Now we are in a position were we dont know what the fuck is coming next

You can fool some of the people some of the time but you can't fool all........
I can smell you from here.
They always slip up by refusing to refer to him as bacon face. I'm only surprised he didn't slip a 'sir' in at the start.

Certainly dont want a return to the panic buys we made in the past , the additions up to now have been positive and I imagine a couple more will follow soon . The squad is amongst the best in football and only a very few players will be considered to join it so might take a bit of time.

City could well be in negotiations as we speak with 1 or 2 star buys or players that Pellegrini feels he needs to compliment what we already have. We have been burned and learned..I have every faith that City will come good and as of day one of the new season, once again we will be the team to beat..!!

Why the panic..

Why the panic?

We have already signed two top class players. Watching Navas last night confirmed that we have a player suited to changing any game. If you can terrorise a defence as solid and well organised as Italy's then I would hope Jesus will have no problems tearing the likes of Ridgewell, Gibbs or Baines a new one.

Fernandinho looks quality from what I've seen but I understand the concerns, his age, experience in a top league, but he looks and sounds the part and I will trust the Spaniards..

Yes, we've lost Tevez, which I will be the first to admit I didn't see coming and as a fan am not especially delighted with. I will however say that I understand the footballing & financial reasons behind his departure.
He is a huge person to have around and his ability on the pitch is only bettered by his work rate. It will always be hard for a player to flourish when given his chance if he is only compared to Tevez. A player with Tevez's ability is not all that rare, but ability twinned with work rate like Tevez's is almost unheard of. If a player feels he needs to work as hard as Tevez in order for the crowd to get behind him, I would worry that this may effect his confidence and in turn his productivity.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want another Dzeko on a bad day, but I would worry if any young player felt he had to run himself into the ground week in and week out. A player with Tevez's ability and non stop running is rare very rare. Something that a fan loves but is highly unusual.. RVP, Drogba, Henry, RVN all worked hard, as does Sergio, but not like Tevez.
Financially it makes lots of sense.. Unless we were to give him a 3 year deal, he would no doubt be leaving next summer for less or free if we gave him no extension. We have a decent fee for him, he is a ticking time bomb of a man, his agent worse so £10 million plus in the bank and £200+ k a week off the books we stand in a strong position.

Our rivals are yet to sign anyone significant, ourselves and Chelsea in the same boat, looking for top quality strikers. I see us being out spent by Chelsea, Mourinho going for a star of significant value, and our Spaniards and Pellegrini getting a good unfancied replacement for Tevez and unearthing a gem.

Our manager has not yet taken a training session or met the squad and we have added two very good and proven players. Rodwell will hopefully impress himself in the first team as his fitness grows and we have all seen glimpses of what he can achieve. Nastasic will be a season in, and in my opinion will be outstanding this season. His talent is unrivaled for his age in the Premiership as in my opinion is Rodwell, Oscar asides.

We have a very strong squad, with a manager famed for his abilities to get the best out of his players.
We have added pace and width.
We look in good shape and the transfer window is yet to open.. What more do we want?

I see us adding a proven if not truly World class striker and a player with exciting potential to complete a pool of 4 strikers.

I imagine maybe a little more youth and energy being added in central midfield and I expect a creative driving force with the ability to hold or provide width in certain systems. A Di Maria or similar.

I would expect us to sign £30-£40 million net more of talent.

I am happy with what has happened so far, I have NO concerns with what is being said in the papers, look at today's targets, just some names that the snake referenced in his talksport interview. He also said he didn't know what our plans were. he was pushed and even said he only knew what the papers were saying. Yet it's today's headlines!

I have full confidence in the club, I see us having 3-4 more signings before we depart for wherever we are going.

So folks, I'm not the only one that's been to Mansfield and back, so keep the faith. All will be well. We have the best owners in he World and the work they do is unrecognisable from any other club or sports team in the World.
The Campus, the investment in Manchester City the community the supporters in unrivaled and is not primarily used as a dick measuring contest like many other foreign owners.
Monaco, Chelsea, PSG it's already happened at Malaga, there are no blueprints, let alone foundations for sustained year on year success.

City is truly something different and the plans that are in place are so exciting, so what if we miss out on the odd Isco or Cavani, I'd much prefer the Campus and the stability that brings than any 'my dicks bigger than your dick' signing that others may make.

It could be worse we could have just employed Moyez and then try to sign Baines for £15 million..

Failing that, we could have just instated Joe Kinear...

Re: Why the panic..

schfc6 said:
Why the panic?

We have already signed two top class players. Watching Navas last night confirmed that we have a player suited to changing any game. If you can terrorise a defence as solid and well organised as Italy's then I would hope Jesus will have no problems tearing the likes of Ridgewell, Gibbs or Baines a new one.

Fernandinho looks quality from what I've seen but I understand the concerns, his age, experience in a top league, but he looks and sounds the part and I will trust the Spaniards..

Yes, we've lost Tevez, which I will be the first to admit I didn't see coming and as a fan am not especially delighted with. I will however say that I understand the footballing & financial reasons behind his departure.
He is a huge person to have around and his ability on the pitch is only bettered by his work rate. It will always be hard for a player to flourish when given his chance if he is only compared to Tevez. A player with Tevez's ability is not all that rare, but ability twinned with work rate like Tevez's is almost unheard of. If a player feels he needs to work as hard as Tevez in order for the crowd to get behind him, I would worry that this may effect his confidence and in turn his productivity.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want another Dzeko on a bad day, but I would worry if any young player felt he had to run himself into the ground week in and week out. A player with Tevez's ability and non stop running is rare very rare. Something that a fan loves but is highly unusual.. RVP, Drogba, Henry, RVN all worked hard, as does Sergio, but not like Tevez.
Financially it makes lots of sense.. Unless we were to give him a 3 year deal, he would no doubt be leaving next summer for less or free if we gave him no extension. We have a decent fee for him, he is a ticking time bomb of a man, his agent worse so £10 million plus in the bank and £200+ k a week off the books we stand in a strong position.

Our rivals are yet to sign anyone significant, ourselves and Chelsea in the same boat, looking for top quality strikers. I see us being out spent by Chelsea, Mourinho going for a star of significant value, and our Spaniards and Pellegrini getting a good unfancied replacement for Tevez and unearthing a gem.

Our manager has not yet taken a training session or met the squad and we have added two very good and proven players. Rodwell will hopefully impress himself in the first team as his fitness grows and we have all seen glimpses of what he can achieve. Nastasic will be a season in, and in my opinion will be outstanding this season. His talent is unrivaled for his age in the Premiership as in my opinion is Rodwell, Oscar asides.

We have a very strong squad, with a manager famed for his abilities to get the best out of his players.
We have added pace and width.
We look in good shape and the transfer window is yet to open.. What more do we want?

I see us adding a proven if not truly World class striker and a player with exciting potential to complete a pool of 4 strikers.

I imagine maybe a little more youth and energy being added in central midfield and I expect a creative driving force with the ability to hold or provide width in certain systems. A Di Maria or similar.

I would expect us to sign £30-£40 million net more of talent.

I am happy with what has happened so far, I have NO concerns with what is being said in the papers, look at today's targets, just some names that the snake referenced in his talksport interview. He also said he didn't know what our plans were. he was pushed and even said he only knew what the papers were saying. Yet it's today's headlines!

I have full confidence in the club, I see us having 3-4 more signings before we depart for wherever we are going.

So folks, I'm not the only one that's been to Mansfield and back, so keep the faith. All will be well. We have the best owners in he World and the work they do is unrecognisable from any other club or sports team in the World.
The Campus, the investment in Manchester City the community the supporters in unrivaled and is not primarily used as a dick measuring contest like many other foreign owners.
Monaco, Chelsea, PSG it's already happened at Malaga, there are no blueprints, let alone foundations for sustained year on year success.

City is truly something different and the plans that are in place are so exciting, so what if we miss out on the odd Isco or Cavani, I'd much prefer the Campus and the stability that brings than any 'my dicks bigger than your dick' signing that others may make.

It could be worse we could have just employed Moyez and then try to sign Baines for £15 million..

Failing that, we could have just instated Joe Kinear...

Getting a good pre season is essential

Yes, we've lost Tevez, which I will be the first to admit I didn't see coming

Erm, surely it´s been on the table for years now?

Big wage 29 y.o striker on his last year, surely it makes a lot of sense to sell him apart from the reasons we already knew.

Not concerned but would like at least 1 more major signing. Guy I sit near said do the last 5 games of the season that Mario Gomez was a done deal so we will see.

I think Chelsea will be the main rivals this season unless the team from the dark side announce Ronaldo or Bale in the next few weeks. can't see it though.

S04 said:
Yes, we've lost Tevez, which I will be the first to admit I didn't see coming

Erm, surely it´s been on the table for years now?

Big wage 29 y.o striker on his last year, surely it makes a lot of sense to sell him apart from the reasons we already knew.

Erm,but 1 of the BEST players at the club

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.