Anyone else concerned?

Re: I'm slightly concerned about next season

Our first 11 are better than any others with perhaps the exception of Chelsea

Lets see who we can bring in. If we do get Pepe then we can worry as he'll be suspended for more games than he plays.

Here ya go,didn't take much effort to find it......

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=286453" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=286453</a>

ManCityX said:
From the FA Cup/title winning side we will have lost:

Tevez
Balotelli
De Jong
Johnson

Then there are rumours about Barry, Lescott and Kolarov.

My concern is that 3 of the players who have left are really good players and one of them was good at changing a game after coming on from the bench.

I'm happy that Navas cancels out Johnson and probably betters him, but Fernandinho has a lot to live up to if he's to better De Jong/Barry.

With the strikers, we have to buy someone who is top quality if we are to avoid slipping behind like last season. Aguero and Dzeko is nowhere near enough, especially when the latter regularly underperforms. Can we buy a striker better than Tevez or Mario?

I'm not having a moan here, this is just my analysis of the squad. I believe it is currently weaker than the side which won the title and we are 2-3 players short of being able to win the league again.

I know it's the end of June but do you think next seasons squad will be as strong or stronger than the title winning one?
Really?
The way people talk about NDJ on here you would think we sold Beckenbauer last summer.

You are having a moan, and you say it is weaker than the side which won the title. That is true but we have less players then that time so it will be.

There are two months left of the window, nobody knows what deals we have done and ready to announce in the coming weeks. If on the 31st of August we still have these exact same set of players, possibly even less if Lescott and Barry leave then yes I will be concerned. As it is the 29th of June. No.

FantasyIreland said:
There is already an existing thread with a very similar title for flapping drama queens like yourself.

Same comments were made last season in response to threads which were unhappy with the squad.

I'm not flapping, nor a drama queen. I'm concerned that we may not be strong enough to win the title unless we bring in 2-3 top class players and I'm not sure that is going to happen.

It's not the end of the world or a nightmare scenario. We'll comfortably be top 3 minimum.

You're getting your knickers in a twist over nothing.
Lets wait till at least half time of the Newcastle game before we start moaning
about the squad and who we should or shouldn't have bought.

ManCityX said:
FantasyIreland said:
There is already an existing thread with a very similar title for flapping drama queens like yourself.

Same comments were made last season in response to threads which were unhappy with the squad.

I'm not flapping, nor a drama queen. I'm concerned that we may not be strong enough to win the title unless we bring in 2-3 top class players and I'm not sure that is going to happen.

It's not the end of the world or a nightmare scenario. We'll comfortably be top 3 minimum.

You make some very good points and I agree with you. Common sense tells you that we don't have the squad of 2 years ago, but some of the plebs on here won't have a bad word said against City. We still have over 60 days of the transfer window open so hopefully there will be at least another 3 signings to replace Tevez, Balotelli, and probably another defender and midfielder.

ManCityX said:
FantasyIreland said:

You've not given Pellegrini one full week to assess new transfers, and you've not given Txiki and Ferran one whole month (bearing in mind that all the managers and players are currently on holiday and so mostly won't be willing to consider offers to change clubs right now) to bring in transfers. People talk about the need to move quickly in the transfer market, but no club secures half a dozen transfers from the top drawer before July, and the only way to speed transfers up is to throw money at them. Thing is, we got ourselves into a massive mess already by throwing money at transfers, and UEFA leapt on the chance to write a book on FFPR so that they could throw it at us. What exactly do you want City to do? If we blow everyone out of the water with money then we become the bogeyman of world football, the one everyone hates for "doing football wrong", and everyone will try to destroy us (literally) in punishment. If we try to take things slower and build up the Dortmund way through cheaper acquisitions who can grow into the team, we get threads like this complaining that we are losing our ambition and the board are becoming happy to accept that we should just be a top half team. How exactly can we win this game, especially when no-one is willing to just be patient and accept that we can't win the league every season. Sometimes a slow build-up is required, not a constant Galacticos era.

Falastur said:
ManCityX said:
FantasyIreland said:

You've not given Pellegrini one full week to assess new transfers, and you've not given Txiki and Ferran one whole month (bearing in mind that all the managers and players are currently on holiday and so mostly won't be willing to consider offers to change clubs right now) to bring in transfers. People talk about the need to move quickly in the transfer market, but no club secures half a dozen transfers from the top drawer before July, and the only way to speed transfers up is to throw money at them. Thing is, we got ourselves into a massive mess already by throwing money at transfers, and UEFA leapt on the chance to write a book on FFPR so that they could throw it at us. What exactly do you want City to do? If we blow everyone out of the water with money then we become the bogeyman of world football, the one everyone hates for "doing football wrong", and everyone will try to destroy us (literally) in punishment. If we try to take things slower and build up the Dortmund way through cheaper acquisitions who can grow into the team, we get threads like this complaining that we are losing our ambition and the board are becoming happy to accept that we should just be a top half team. How exactly can we win this game, especially when no-one is willing to just be patient and accept that we can't win the league every season. Sometimes a slow build-up is required, not a constant Galacticos era.

Paragraphs are your friend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.