Anyone else concerned?

Re: I'm slightly concerned about next season

I carnt wait for next season, not concerned about it

but some of the plebs on here won't have a bad word said against City
And why you always so fucking insulting to anyone that disagrees with your viewpoint.
Your lack of communication skills, suggest that, it is you who is a pleb.

Lets put our trust in Txiki and Ferran for now, and then worry IF we dont like the results, ie not now.

I am more concerned about the fashion of football.

A lot of people cannot afford to go. I am lucky I suppose.

If your reading this City please please make the stadium bigger and charge even cheaper prices

Lower the prices or things like the Poznan will go

Let's get in the spirit of St Marks and let the less fortunate explode

CTID

I do understand where the OP is coming from in some respects but it is a little bit early to be overly concerned. I think the main worry with most fans is letting some players go before replacements are brought in. Yes I do understand we need to trim the squad and yes I do realise that space has to be made and wages have be off the books before a new deal can be done and I'm fairly certain that a replacement for Tevez is no doubt lined up and the deal is all but done (hopefully).

What is worrying is comments on here like 'we can't expect to win the league every season' talk like that over at the swamp would not be tolerated. Arrogance it most certainly is but they DO actually expect to win the league most seasons and unfortunately more often than not in the past they happen to have done so (note: I have said 'in the past')

I also don't agree with some of the comments that have been posted that 'we are turning into Arsenal' but the concern is there.

As we say early days. Lets see what the squad looks like in another 31 days and then we realistically come to some concrete conclusions regarding our chances next season.

When we first started spending big money on Silva, Toure, Aguero etc there was a lot less competition.

PSG, Monaco, Zenit and Anzhi are willing to spend big money. Chelsea have started again, Spurs and even Liverpool are willing to spend, apparently so are Arsenal. Add them to Dortmund, Bayern, Real, Barcelona and a resurgent Juve.

There's a lot fewer options for us, and a lot more for the players and at the same time we want to start reducing our financial outlay whilst other clubs are increasing theirs.

We're not going to get things all our own way.

pee dubya said:
When we first started spending big money on Silva, Toure, Aguero etc there was a lot less competition.

PSG, Monaco, Zenit and Anzhi are willing to spend big money. Chelsea have started again, Spurs and even Liverpool are willing to spend, apparently so are Arsenal. Add them to Dortmund, Bayern, Real, Barcelona and a resurgent Juve.

There's a lot fewer options for us, and a lot more for the players and at the same time we want to start reducing our financial outlay whilst other clubs are increasing theirs.

We're not going to get things all our own way.

Which was the whole idea of FFP. Therefore it has worked. It has stopped us. Or has it?

We have chopped a lot of our dead wood changes in personnel now inevitably involve risk that the incoming may not be as good as the outgoing.

Most of those who left wanted to leave DeJong did not sign the offered contract, AJ felt he was not getting enough first team exposure. Balotelli last season was a shadow of what he could be and appeared to be wanting out.

Meantime the premiership has moved on both Rags and Chelsea are miles stronger than in 2011-12, Arsenal and Spurs are looking to improve. Our squad has to improve, greater creativity and speed in central midfield and greater speed on the wings look to be an improvement . How we deal with other areas only time will tell , but turnover is inevitable and keeping players who want out tends to be a mugs game. I am eagerly anticipating next season , how we will do of course is unknown.

I think you underestimate the change of manager.

If that appointment turns out to be a good one then even with what we have now I would expect us to challenge. Mancini had run out of ideas and we had been Sussed by many teams. Press us quickly and we were not as good. I also think Mancini had fallen out of favour with too many players and they no longer trusted him.

We won the league virtually without Tevez and with Mario being problematic although I do think we need one more striker but not two. I can't see us playing 2 up front all of next season with the midfield we have. I think Navas, Silva and Nasri will provide support behind a lone striker for many games.

I would be surprised if we didn't see a new CB as relying on a 20 year old all season is risky and especially with kolo gone and Lescott not being as good enough.

I would also like a left back to put more pressure on Clichy and see the departure of Kolorov.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
but some of the plebs on here won't have a bad word said against City
And why you always so fucking insulting to anyone that disagrees with your viewpoint.
Your lack of communication skills, suggest that, it is you who is a pleb.

Lack of communication skills? At least I can string a sentence together you bellsniff. As it stands the OP makes a very good point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.