Anyone else dreading the derby?

Johnsonontheleft said:
I can't stomach the thought of those twats beating us at home. I know we're the better team but that's not always decisive - Chelsea were the better team last week and look what Clattenburg did. Look what they did to Vinny in the FA Cup tie.

It's making me sick already and it's over a month away. Their taunts, chants and general arrogant **** would be stronger than ever given the 6-1 last season. I'm dreading it.

Anyone who calls me pessimistic obviously wasn't at Maine Road with me in the 90s.

I'm sure you#ll be ok in your little village. Once the postman and farmer Giles have had a go there's only the landlord of the slaughtered lamb left to take the piss.

Our forwards are shit hot,their defence is shit,i have no worries what so ever..
The semi final laid years of ghosts to rest,i actually look forward to playing the new bitters now wheras before i was shaking like a shitting dog in the build up to it...
We're on the rise and they're treading water,bring it on!!

Just think we go 0-1 up and that 1-6 will be in there minds ;) they'll be shitting it like there fans will be

The CHAMPIONS of England and Manchester await.

Bring the rag twats on.

cibaman said:
It presumes that all other results stay the same which I dont think is true. In some respects I thought that the 1-6 gave United a real kick up the backside and was at least part of the reason why they had such a good run up to Christamas.

I also think that teams react to the results of their rivals. If we hadnt lost to Arsenal in April I think it would have been much less likely that they would lose at Wigan. There definitely seemed to be a element of "its in the bag" in their performance that night.

In some seasons the big games are decisive, in others they aren't. Like the year United had a lousy record against the top teams but took 58 points out of 60 off of the bottom 10 to win the title.

For me the key issue isnt which games teams lose its how they, and their rivals, respond after those defeats.
I don't disagree but nor can you ignore the mathematical reality the six-pointers are more important games and it's natural for people to be more nervous when there's more on the line.

They used to be the biggest games of our season, because we had nothing else.

Now our entire season is big.

I'd take two defeats, whatever, as long as at the end of the season we have the biggest laugh of all and can sing...

'That's why we're champions - AGAIN'

Nope. We beat them twice last year, the most significant one being the HOME match. The 6-1 was a glorious result, freakish in it's outcome but beating them in April with that pressure on us to win was a turning point in the fixtures between the 2 clubs. They will be fearing coming here, absolutely dreading it. Nothing to worry about, but please stop with the 'look what Clattenburg did' bollocks because all that is doing is making you look like you've made your excuses, should they actually be the better team on the day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.