Anyone else feeling pretty confident?

Not being cocky but there's been nothing lucky in what we've achieved. In fact I'd say we've done it in spite of everything that's been dropped in our way
There’s always an element of luck in everything mate, yes we work bloody hard but sometimes you need it on your side, one dodgy red card, silly tackle etc, like I said we will see where we are at at 10pm tomorrow.

I never feel confident, ever, I can't help it. No matter how many games and trophies we win I can't relax until it's over. People laugh at me, but all the years of watching us snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, or whatever the saying is, has mentally scarred me. Two games I felt fairly relaxed about bit me in the arse. One was the Wigan cup final, the other the Madrid second leg the other week. Against Wigan we put in a "Typical City" performance that has littered our history. Against Madrid I thought we'd done the hard bit at their place. How we matched them there and the way we blew them away at home last season I was convinced we'd win. The deflation at the end when we lost was a strange feeling. It was the first time we'd failed in a big game for a while, I'd almost forgotten what it felt like.

So no I'm not confident. Even if we beat Spurs I'll be fretting West Ham are going to spoil the party. I wish I was different but I just can't help it lol.

There’s always an element of luck in everything mate, yes we work bloody hard but sometimes you need it on your side, one dodgy red card, silly tackle etc, like I said we will see where we are at at 10pm tomorrow.
Yes mate, the great imponderables are something we can't control, if we do it we'll have bloody well earned it...

No, far too over confident.

Tuesday is going to be one hell of a tough match and if we get the 3 points West Ham is still going to be a tough game.

Remember QPR?

Never take ANYTHING in football for granted, because if can always bite you hard.

My sentiments and feelings exactly.

To the very confident "Relax we've got this" posters, how does defeat impact you? As you're so confident we'll win, is it a hammer blow, or do you just shrug it off in the laid back manner you approach important must win games? I'm curious.

Confident is too far for me. I back us to do it but as soon as our PL game was postponed with Spurs I thought “that’s the one”

As usual, when two teams go into the last game needing a win they invariably both get it, especially if they are at home.

If we beat Spurs then I’ll be confident.

We are more than capable of winning both but i'd still have Arsenal as slight favourites with only one game left to win, Spurs will be tough and we can't write off West Ham on Sunday. I'm hopeful yet dreading tomorrow, it might be one of those games where i turn the telly on and off and cross my fingers a lot but let's hope we prevail.

I feel very confident.
The reason is the absolute quality of the defence and midfield base.
If you have Ederson, with a defence from Walker, Stones, Akanji, Dias, Gvardiol and Kovacic and Rodri in front of that, you are controlling the game, against nearly every team in world football.
When you then place Haaland, Foden, Bernardo and DeBruyne in front of it, it is as good as it gets, and if that's not quite doing it, you have players like Bobb and Doku to come in, who can open up anyone. We will get the odd strange result, but I absolutely believe we will win our next three games as long as the refereeing is fair.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.