Anyone going to Abu Dhabi friendly ???

DTKOAG said:
Really Interested in this as can get flts on qatar for £280 return which is cracking.
Just want to make sure that i can get a ticket for the match.
The Novotel in Abu Dhabi is £85 per twin room.
Tickets certainly won't be a problem. They'll be on sale through City in the next few days and it definitely won't be anywhere near a sell-out anyway.

I'm about ready to book the Crowne Plaza in Abu Dhabi for the Wednesday (11th) and Thursday (12th).

Anybody wanna share a room and split the cost?

Booked flight to land in Dubai at 8:45 on the morning of the game. Hoping to meet up with the Dubai blues for a few cold ones and then on to the game. My next two aways Wigan then Abu Dhabi. I think it might be slightly warmer at the 2nd one.

Dubai Blue said:
DTKOAG said:
Really Interested in this as can get flts on qatar for £280 return which is cracking.
Just want to make sure that i can get a ticket for the match.
The Novotel in Abu Dhabi is £85 per twin room.
Tickets certainly won't be a problem. They'll be on sale through City in the next few days and it definitely won't be anywhere near a sell-out anyway.
Knocked off early today, home showered and changed, ready to go to ticket office, I want to see and feel those tickets in my hand then pin them to the notice board at home, much better than looking at my original Da Vinci masterpieces. Just thought i`d ring ticket office first, do`nt know why ! after all I was told they would be on sale from the 10th, anyway there NOT, and girl munching sandwich had`nt a clue when they would be, but assured me when they get them in it will be announced on the official site, she did`nt sound very convincing to be honest, I could get my gear on and finish jobs off but I just ca`nt be arsed now, its only money i`m losing so it does`nt matter........TO THE EFFING TICKET OFFICE IT DOES`NT GRRRRRRRRRR twats

locoblu said:
Dubai Blue/Emirati soccer star or anyone ITK ?????

Now that we have a core of mad mancs and ex-pats confirmed, could you name a venue hotel or bar within walking distance of the ground so some or all of us can meet up before the game. Also have you any tips to help make our short stay more enjoyable ?

BTW, wife and I are staying at Sheraton resort hotel on the `corniche coast road` weds/thurs/fri night with a stop off in Doha hopefully to watch the England game on the way back on saturday night.

Thanks locoblu

Stayed in AD a few times last year at the Sheraton resort - there's another Sheraton as well so make sure the taxi man takes you to the right one - say the one on the Corniche. There used to be a wall chart of taxi fares in the airport - out of the arrivals and turn right to the taxi queue in the corner.

Hotel has a "pub" on the corner normally full of ex-pats. Can be a good atmosphere. Will be showing matches if there are any on otherwise probably a band.

The hotel has a swim-up pool bar :) Sit in the shade with a cold beer and hopefully some totty spotting.

There's a smallish beach as well and you can do stuff like kayaks, snorkel trips, etc. Even in November the Gulf will be warm

There was/is a night club called Zenith at the hotel - free entry for residents. Not the usual wall to wall working girls. Loud. Busy from about 12.

The buzzing place used to be the Ocean restaurant/bar at Le Meridien - full of aircrew and about a 10 minute stroll from the Sheraton :)
Le Meridien also has P J O'Reillys "Irish" Bar which is just like every other ex-pat Irish bar.
And there's Illusions club on the 4th floor which is wall to wall working girls. I'm told.

There's other bars around so best to ask the aircrew on the flight - they know all the best places.

I recommend a trip to the big mosque - taxi man will take you there and wait for not much cash. It's massive and should be no problem walking around.
If you need some shopping brownie points then the marina shopping mall is probably the one to go to.

Enjoy.

BlueDune said:
locoblu said:
Dubai Blue/Emirati soccer star or anyone ITK ?????

Now that we have a core of mad mancs and ex-pats confirmed, could you name a venue hotel or bar within walking distance of the ground so some or all of us can meet up before the game. Also have you any tips to help make our short stay more enjoyable ?

BTW, wife and I are staying at Sheraton resort hotel on the `corniche coast road` weds/thurs/fri night with a stop off in Doha hopefully to watch the England game on the way back on saturday night.

Thanks locoblu

Stayed in AD a few times last year at the Sheraton resort - there's another Sheraton as well so make sure the taxi man takes you to the right one - say the one on the Corniche. There used to be a wall chart of taxi fares in the airport - out of the arrivals and turn right to the taxi queue in the corner.

Hotel has a "pub" on the corner normally full of ex-pats. Can be a good atmosphere. Will be showing matches if there are any on otherwise probably a band.

The hotel has a swim-up pool bar :) Sit in the shade with a cold beer and hopefully some totty spotting.

There's a smallish beach as well and you can do stuff like kayaks, snorkel trips, etc. Even in November the Gulf will be warm

There was/is a night club called Zenith at the hotel - free entry for residents. Not the usual wall to wall working girls. Loud. Busy from about 12.

The buzzing place used to be the Ocean restaurant/bar at Le Meridien - full of aircrew and about a 10 minute stroll from the Sheraton :)
Le Meridien also has P J O'Reillys "Irish" Bar which is just like every other ex-pat Irish bar.
And there's Illusions club on the 4th floor which is wall to wall working girls. I'm told.

There's other bars around so best to ask the aircrew on the flight - they know all the best places.

I recommend a trip to the big mosque - taxi man will take you there and wait for not much cash. It's massive and should be no problem walking around.
If you need some shopping brownie points then the marina shopping mall is probably the one to go to.

Enjoy.
Thanks for that great info, sounds like a buzzin place, did you mention something about shopping ? what does that entail then ? was quite fancying a trip out to that oasis in the desert, forget its name, would you recommend it.cheers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.