Anyone going to Abu Dhabi friendly ???

Wrighty Wrexham said:
Seriously thinking about this now but dont know where to start!

Missus seems to be gettin keen too!

Would I get very far with £1,000 to cover the two of us?

And how long is the flight?

Would want to keep time away from work a minimum but dont want to waste money if flight is most expensive part and flight time is long! ie maximise time over there for cost

Any help appreciated!

Sounds like it could be a good adventure!
You could try to fly Weds night arrive Thursday morning, stay Thurs, Fri and Sat nights, back home on Sunday. Work on Monday. Best to try flying direct as you don't really want to be stopping somewhere for ages when you're only away for 3 nights. You'd be pushing it at £1,000 though. £1,500 would be very doable, although it's a lot of money for just 3 nights.

Dubai Blue said:
Wrighty Wrexham said:
Seriously thinking about this now but dont know where to start!

Missus seems to be gettin keen too!

Would I get very far with £1,000 to cover the two of us?

And how long is the flight?

Would want to keep time away from work a minimum but dont want to waste money if flight is most expensive part and flight time is long! ie maximise time over there for cost

Any help appreciated!

Sounds like it could be a good adventure!
You could try to fly Weds night arrive Thursday morning, stay Thurs, Fri and Sat nights, back home on Sunday. Work on Monday. Best to try flying direct as you don't really want to be stopping somewhere for ages when you're only away for 3 nights. You'd be pushing it at £1,000 though. £1,500 would be very doable, although it's a lot of money for just 3 nights.

Thanks Dubai Blue sounds a good idea I will work on the missus!

Wrighty Wrexham said:
Dubai Blue said:

Emirates from Manchester is a ridiculous £530 but they have flights from Birmingham for £363 and Heathrow for £374. Virgin Atlantic also have a direct flight from Heathrow for £393.

That Birmingham one is the one you want: £363.90 and perfect times available.

Outbound: Depart 20:35 Weds / Arrive 07:30 Thurs
Inbound: Depart 15:00 Sun / Arrive 18:45 Sun

Obviously they're just options for Dubai. If you'd rather go to Abu Dhabi then flights with Etihad are around £400

Dubai Blue said:
Wrighty Wrexham said:

Emirates from Manchester is a ridiculous £530 but they have flights from Birmingham for £363 and Heathrow for £374. Virgin Atlantic also have a direct flight from Heathrow for £393.

That Birmingham one is the one you want: £363.90 and perfect times available.

Outbound: Depart 20:35 Weds / Arrive 07:30 Thurs
Inbound: Depart 15:00 Sun / Arrive 18:45 Sun

Thanks again its just getting to Birmingham after work on Wednesday and then parking up etc!

Dubai Blue said:
offerton wire said:
We are in The Country Club Hotel. I'm pissed off about missing the Mondays :-(
Our old home. There should still be a signed City shirt on the wall as you go into the hotel bar (The Players Lounge). See my post on page 4 for a list of bars to go to.

You can also add all the bars at Wafi Pyramids and the Madinat Jumeirah to that list.

Thanks for that. I sent you an e-mail a couple of back and you gave me good information then. Cheers for that.

I got my tickets too, from Virgin lol

Oh...just got City shirt as well from Mega Sports, Abu Dhabi
275 Dhs (about 45 pounds) cheaper than 40 pounds shirt price + 15 pound shipping cost from UK

Just got tickets from Etihad in Dubai Marina Mall, plus a shirt for me missus for 250AED (same price as the place in Burjuman)
:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.