Anyone going to Abu Dhabi friendly ???

Seen the £400 flight offer, £5 tickets, how much for hotels, food and drink? Can you buy beer in supermarkets etc and save money?

Corky said:
Seen the £400 flight offer, £5 tickets, how much for hotels, food and drink? Can you buy beer in supermarkets etc and save money?
No you can't, but you can buy it in the airport on the way through. Not much point though cos you'd have to drink it in your hotel room as you can't drink anywhere in public.

Hotels are anything from 40 quid upwards depending on what quality you're after. A good day/night on the beer will cost you a minimum of 60 quid. Food is usual English pub prices.

What are the rules with regards to drinking age? We have a16 year old lad going with us. Will he be able to get away with drinking?

offerton wire said:
What are the rules with regards to drinking age? We have a16 year old lad going with us. Will he be able to get away with drinking?
It's 21 here, so if he actually looks 16, probably not.

But if he's older looking, he should be alright in some places, as long as someone else orders the drinks for him. Everywhere has table service so you never actually go to the bar anyway, and I can't imagine a waitress being particularly bothered about who she serves.

Just be careful he doesn't get out of hand though as that's when the police get involved and you don't want to be having an extended holiday here!!!

Dubai Blue said:
offerton wire said:
It's 21 here, so if he actually looks 16, probably not.

But if he's older looking, he should be alright in some places, as long as someone else orders the drinks for him. Everywhere has table service so you never actually go to the bar anyway, and I can't imagine a waitress being particularly bothered about who she serves.

Just be careful he doesn't get out of hand though as that's when the police get involved and you don't want to be having an extended holiday here!!!

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

Dubai Blue said:
Corky said:
No you can't, but you can buy it in the airport on the way through. Not much point though cos you'd have to drink it in your hotel room as you can't drink anywhere in public.

Hotels are anything from 40 quid upwards depending on what quality you're after. A good day/night on the beer will cost you a minimum of 60 quid. Food is usual English pub prices.

Thanks. Seems cheaper than most of Europe then.

offerton wire said:
Dubai Blue said:
Which hotel in BD?

Happy Mondays and Ocean Colour Scene live at the Irish Village on Friday 6th. Unfortunately you'll just miss them.

We are in The Country Club Hotel. I'm pissed off about missing the Mondays :-(
Echo and the Bunnymen are playing on the 7th and Human League on the 5th at Irish Village. Your hotel does a great Friday brunch (Players Lounge) with two beers and as much food as you want for AED79 (roughly 13 quid). Just be careful about getting drunk in public as its a Police state here.

offertonwire, be careful with your 16 year old, my sister lives out there and my niece and friends, 17 at time, were out on town and police raided bar, which they do often, and questioned them, niece only had coke ( drink ! ) her friend had alcohol and lied about her age, locked up for a week, her parents who worked there nearly lost jobs and thrown out of country, so they are quite strict.
Another word of warning is ; if using taxi's avoid the brown cabs, they're run by iraqis,iranians, strict muslims and if they smell alcohol can be arsy and take you to police for no reason. green cabs usually ok, but most of hotels in centre so hopefully not a problem.
i'll be there free accommodation and cheap flight via doha with qatar airlines.

northstander said:
offertonwire, be careful with your 16 year old, my sister lives out there and my niece and friends, 17 at time, were out on town and police raided bar, which they do often, and questioned them, niece only had coke ( drink ! ) her friend had alcohol and lied about her age, locked up for a week, her parents who worked there nearly lost jobs and thrown out of country, so they are quite strict.
Another word of warning is ; if using taxi's avoid the brown cabs, they're run by iraqis,iranians, strict muslims and if they smell alcohol can be arsy and take you to police for no reason. green cabs usually ok, but most of hotels in centre so hopefully not a problem.
i'll be there free accommodation and cheap flight via doha with qatar airlines.
I assume you're on about Abu Dhabi as the bars in Dubai never get raided and there aren't any brown cabs here either.

But generally sensible advice. Enjoy yourselves in the bars, but keep your wits about you when out on the street; they're not very tolerant of people making drunken tits of themselves. You'll hardly be on the street anyway as you just go from bar to bar in taxis, and whatever goes on in the privacy of a bar is generally accepted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.