Anyone going to Abu Dhabi friendly ???

Hi all, sorry for late post but this is just been done. Abu Dhabi Golf Club have given us exclusive use of their members lounge before and after the game. It is probably the closest proper bar (non hotel) to the stadium (about 10 -15 mins). They will offer complimentary snacks also. We are operating luxury coaches to and from the game for a small fee. It is also on the way to / from Dubai for those staying there. There is quite a few people congregating there. If you need more details let me know. It will not be as busy as Abu Dhabi downtown and a few fans are bringing their wives and kids. We are planning to be there from around 3.30 onwards, before if I play golf that day :) coaches will leave around 7.15ish but you will need to book a space to get on the coach.
if anyone needs any help with abu dhabi, getting around, local info etc etc..let me know and I will be glad to help. I am a wythenshawe blue based in Abu Dhabi.
Cheers

Only bar at the Crowne Plaza is in the basement. Le Meridien has several bars and a communal beer garden. The weather here is fantastic at the moment; you don't want to be wasting your time in the basement of a hotel.

Dubai Blue said:
Only bar at the Crowne Plaza is in the basement. Le Meridien has several bars and a communal beer garden. The weather here is fantastic at the moment; you don't want to be wasting your time in the basement of a hotel.

Settled then. Looks like it's Le Meridien for us.

Le Meridien has NRG & Captains Arms at the back, along with the beer garden, does get busy and sometimes standing room only around the sides, especially when the weather is cooler like now. There is also a beer garden at the one to one hotel. not been there yet but hear it is alright. Heroes in the crowne plaza has a decent band on and it gets pretty busy on a Thursday. Remember Thursday is like Friday over here.
Cheers

As far as I know my plan will be Emirates Palace bbq Wednesday night, Day of the game Thursday (ill go with the flow on this) .Friday I would like to see a bit of Dubai. Saturday back to Abu Dhabi and see a bit of the England Game in a bar somewhere and Sunday back to the one and only Manchester.

We have about 65 people coming to the AD Golf Club so far, there is a mix of Blues and various football fans which will make for good banter. It is off the island but only 10 minutes to the stadium. Also we have a Tuesday night football league if anyone fancies a kick about and a few beers afterwards.

people flying wednesday will have to get a move on for the bbq starts 9 00pm local i get in 7 35pm local and fly at 8 25 am from manchester 4 hours time diff i think

Dubai Blue said:

There is also the level lounge on the roof of the Crowne Plaza which is quite lively on a Thursday night (from 10 onwards) , Heros is the bar in the basement but does not open until 1800 but it does get busy and imagine it will be for the night of the match.

I am staying at the crowne but would recommend Le Meridien which has PJ O'Reilly's, NRG & Captains Arms.

Re CROWNE PLAZA

If you are STAYING at the hotel they will provide transport for you BUT YOU MUST INFORM THEM WHEN BOOKING OR CHECKING IN.

Sorry no deal on food and drink - Thursday is the busy night so they don't see the need to offer any promotions - sorry tried for you all.

Taxi to the ground from the centre of town (about 6 miles) no more than 5 pounds shared between 4, get a "silver cab",

Abu Dhabi golf club seems a good do for transport to and from the game but would be a trek to get there from town- however its not near anything else if you wanted to try different hotel bars.

Hope to see some of you in Heros on Thur.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.