Anyone had run ins with city players outside of football?

met dunney at gatwick airport a few years back. he totally blanked me !

i was coming back to dublin after watching city get a draw against chelsea at the bridge. was on a bit of a high after the game but he kinda ruined me buzz !

i don't think it was personal though, i think he is a rather quiet chap

Mate of mine got hit by SWP's car in the old Maine Road car park once - I was in the car too at the time and SWP didn't give a monkeys about it as it was a hire car.

Also managed to piss off a good 6/7 City players when we saw Kinky playing pool in town and swarmed him for his autograph, not noticing that Nicky Summerbee and a few others were also playing pool - Nicky though we'd ask for his too by the look of it but we were so stoked to get Kinky's name on the back of a bus ticket that we had blinkers on. Sorry Nicky about that one, put it down to too much ale!

Used to see Weaver, Brown and the Whitley brothers almost weekly in various pubs around Cheadle and Wilmslow. Always seemed to be having a very good time - I remember one time Weaver had this huge pick-up truck with blacked out windows and he drove it right up the pedestrianised street in Wilmslow upto the the front of some bar and gets out. People start mimicking the Gillingham penalty wave and he had this huge smirk on his face. Saw him again later that night and he looked well gone - no idea if he drove home but hope not!

bluetonium said:
Mate of mine got hit by SWP's car in the old Maine Road car park once - I was in the car too at the time and SWP didn't give a monkeys about it as it was a hire car.

Also managed to piss off a good 6/7 City players when we saw Kinky playing pool in town and swarmed him for his autograph, not noticing that Nicky Summerbee and a few others were also playing pool - Nicky though we'd ask for his too by the look of it but we were so stoked to get Kinky's name on the back of a bus ticket that we had blinkers on. Sorry Nicky about that one, put it down to too much ale!

Used to see Weaver, Brown and the Whitley brothers almost weekly in various pubs around Cheadle and Wilmslow. Always seemed to be having a very good time - I remember one time Weaver had this huge pick-up truck with blacked out windows and he drove it right up the pedestrianised street in Wilmslow upto the the front of some bar and gets out. People start mimicking the Gillingham penalty wave and he had this huge smirk on his face. Saw him again later that night and he looked well gone - no idea if he drove home but hope not!

That would have been suede. He used to love it in there.

usually see alot regulary to be honest. Living and Working in Wilmslow / Alderley Edge there are always bobing about. Just ignore them, to be honest. Just regular people, just some more arrogant than most. Used to live opposite Fergy Scum, so there was always stuff going on.

Sylvan Distain and Elk in a posh chinese in Wilmslow. Happy to sign autographs for the lad and found them to be top blokes.

Bombo said:
I'm a famous (within reason) Manchester musician and I have met many of our team since 89. No, I'm not in oasis LOL, they seemed more more nervous than me especially Steve lomas and more recently shay given. And before I get outed only danbert knows my true id and he will never tell!

Come on city!

Are you Curly Watts or Mike Pickering? ;)

Nicky summerbee was in a boozer I work in on Saturday night, he bought a few of the locals a beer seemed pretty sound although I didn't speak to him seemed like he was giving it out to a few rags aswell. Pretty sure he must be a city fan.

one of the birds i was kinda seeing (she worked in NI football) met steve lomas in a hotel in belfast after he commentated for an NI match. he was blocked and when i met her outside to pick her up she kept getting phone calls from him. she didnt answer and we listened to the voicemails later on. i will not repeat what he said but it was quite obvious he liked her!

clarkie_ni said:
one of the birds i was kinda seeing (she worked in NI football) met steve lomas in a hotel in belfast after he commentated for an NI match. he was blocked and when i met her outside to pick her up she kept getting phone calls from him. she didnt answer and we listened to the voicemails later on. i will not repeat what he said but it was quite obvious he liked her!
Were you not a bit concerned that your missus had handed her number over to an ex-footballer?

I went carrington a few years ago, met few players

Trevor Sinclair- Top bloke and gave a lot of respect to the city fans
David James- Nice guy and had a conversation about england (I met him few months before euro 2004)
Mcmanaman- Just walked off on his phone, the city fans had a pop at him for doing so but he said had to go (probably going and buy a house with his mate fowler

Keegan-He was a nice guy, but keegan ended up chatting to my mum ha ha

Pearce- didn't seem to smile ha ha, i've got a picture with him with a miserable face

and what was most shocking was joey barton seem to a nice guy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.