Anyone had run ins with city players outside of football?

Bloody hell, it's threads like this that make you understand why footballers can appear to be unapproachable in public. Stories of knuckle draggers threatening to smack utd players just because they play for that lot, tales of blues wanting to twat City players for choosing to forget a bad defeat and enjoy a few pints after the game.
Christ, the positives of being a footballer far outweigh the negatives but it sounds like you have to watch your back the whole time just in case some no mark in a footie top decides he's gonna let his inferiority complex and lone brain cell get the better of him again.

Met Quinn and I hate to say in keane in the longues at Sunderland after a crap draw with Wigan through the company I work for. had a few beers with Quinn in the longue and may of inadvertantly offend Roy.

He was going round the table having piccy's and doing autographs, when he got to me and asked what my name was for an autograph, to said I'ld rather have root canal treatment that be have a picture with him. He Just looked dumb, but Quinn and Noswothy (who had won MoM) but laughed

Ghost in my house said:
Bloody hell, it's threads like this that make you understand why footballers can appear to be unapproachable in public. Stories of knuckle draggers threatening to smack utd players just because they play for that lot, tales of blues wanting to twat City players for choosing to forget a bad defeat and enjoy a few pints after the game.
Christ, the positives of being a footballer far outweigh the negatives but it sounds like you have to watch your back the whole time just in case some no mark in a footie top decides he's gonna let his inferiority complex and lone brain cell get the better of him again.
i certainly don't feel inferior to the likes of Lee Sharpe or for that matter anyone.that is for certain.some footballers are absolute dickheads who need putting down a peg or two.i say good luck to anyone who is getting on and making a few quid

Bombo said:
I'm a famous (within reason) Manchester musician and I have met many of our team since 89. No, I'm not in oasis LOL, they seemed more more nervous than me especially Steve lomas and more recently shay given. And before I get outed only danbert knows my true id and he will never tell!

Come on city!

Bands that got big in 1989 include The Stone Roses. Rags bar one.

Alright Reni.

Andy Morrison on quite a lot of occasions when i worked for a bookie in Knutsford, he is fucking psycho but a great bloke , met quite a few players in there and also Rag players , Lou Macari was a gent and always chatted , didnt come in after the double derby win season for a while and admitted he didnt want the shit off me, he said to me no way they would do the quad and he was right , Bobby Charlton came in 4 times a year for the golf majors, some say he is miserable but he was ok with me and talked football , he know i was a blue when he asked for a printout of the open players and i wrote it since we didnt have a printer and put CTID on the bottom

Niall Quinn is a star and was a gentleman in fact the best player i have met in terms of being friendly but the Whiteley brothers were knobs when they gatecrashed a works do in Alti a few years back , best bit most of the girls i worked for were rags and told them to their faces to fuck off

the etuhu brothers were always about in town the car they used gave it away The plate was their surname , Beckham met once with is Mrs and she wears the trousers ,

and another non city player my brother in law is Johann Myallby's best mate and he was at my sisters wedding with his wag and kids , top bloke and told me he almost signed for City from Celtic but the money in Spain was too good and his knees were fucked , also got to meet Sven and Tord Grip as they are good mates of my Brother in laws dad

I met Wes Brown in the Souk at the Madinet Jumeira complex in Dubai last June. He was with his wife and kid and minder and he was casually strolling around doing keepie uppie. He lost control of the ball and it bounced across the floor towards me so I picked it up.

I said "Actually I am a city fan, so you can't have your ball back".

Fair play to the bloke he laughed and said "you probably need the practice more than me". But the look from the minder said "give the ball back now", so I did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.