Anyone met a famous celebrity and worth a post?

Years ago just ofc Deansgate I did that "walking towards someone, you both step the same way, then the other way, then the other way" thing. Laughed with the tall chap in a tracksuit and after we'd managed to pass without a collision realised it was ronaldo (not the fat one)...

Because of my job in the late 90s, I met quite a few famous people...

The one who stood out as having the "X Factor" was Robbie Williams. He came into work and just blew everyone away with his charisma. I wasn't a fan of his music, but you couldn't help but be charmed by him - he was very funny, humble yet had a huge aura about him. The women just melted around him and you could just tell he was at the top of his game!

Victoria Beckham was extremely boring, dull and lifeless. Beckham was a good looking lad and I have no idea what he saw in her, she seemed to hate anything, including life itself. What you saw on the TV was how she was with us. Other than being thin, she had absolutely nothing about her at all and her hair extensions were awful - I honestly think her diet was so bad that parts of her hair was just falling out.

Caprice the supermodel was dull. Just had no personality and tried to be nice, but you could tell that apart from modelling she had nothing. She was 'nice' but just dull - I turned down the chance to photograph her! I just think she expected everyone to 'swoon' at her or something but as we were used to having famous people around, she didn't understand why we weren't that bothered. The difference between someone like her and Robbie Williams was incredible - she had no energy about her at all.

Dane Bowers - crackpot. Quite funny, but you could tell something wasn't quite right with him, maybe he was quite insecure?

Mylene Klass - Stunning and had a natural 'classiness' about her. The others in Hear'Say you would walk past and I remember the blonde haired woman looking quite ropey really.

Dan Walker was a class act - friendly, nice guy and very professional. Not surprised he's done well to be honest.

Met most of the Brookside, Coronation St and Hollyoaks cast at the time. Dev from Corrie liked to sneak into toilets at parties in town with people to take stuff with women.

Tinhead and Mike Dixon were GREAT footballers. Mike Dixon was a good lad, but Tinhead was a complete twat. Played a charity game against Tinhead and he was a twat from the off. Played like it was the world cup final against people who couldn't play, but I could play and because he was a cock and took it seriously, flying in for tackles so I played my normal game against him. He hated me and hated being marked. I absolutely nailed him with a perfectly timed "wipe out" tackle and he went mad even though he'd been doing it to others all through the game. Hated him and had a proper battle with him in the game and wouldn't even look me in the eye at the after party - cock!

Last edited:
I forgot the Spice Girls too - Geri was quite determined I thought and you could tell she was quite 'professional' about it. I think she saw it as a career in the same way a Barrister would think about their career. You could tell she wanted to be famous. I honestly think she was acting for most of her career.

I said about Posh Spice, maybe she was about to leave or something but she had no personality.

Mel C, Mel B and Emma Bunton were quite 'normal' really and just good fun. They seemed to have a real 'connection' with each other and were a laugh - I wouldn't honestly have put them with Geri/Posh.

One for the old sports fans.
I was on a flight back from Italy about 30 years ago.
There was a really small man on the plane and he sat in between myself and a work colleague
He had a smallish bag under his seat and was told by the attendant to put it in the overhead locker. My colleague went to lift it and couldn't.
The little man couldn't reach the handle to open the locker so I opened it for him and he picked the bag up in one hand and threw it into the locker.
I found out during the flight he was Precious Mackenzie, who had won commonwealth golds in weightlifting for both Britain and New Zealand.
The bag had his personal weights inside them. No 10kg in those days.
0_c34840e83ccd05ae1410e39fadf6003a-1.jpg

I was staying there for a couple of days at the same time. I was working for KPMG at the time and we'd travelled down for our divisional conference. A few of us got a taxi there from Euston and as we pulled into the hotel entrance, there were loads of cameramen and photographers peering in the taxi. We wondered why they were so interested in KPMG's Financial Services Division's conference. I checked in and went to the lift. As I got there, it opened and Mike Tyson, plus numerous members of his entourage, got out. Then I realised the people outside weren't really interested in us.
Regardless of all the stuff outside of the ring, Tyson must be up there with the likes of Jordan, Woods, Bolt, Maradona, Schumi etc. as one of the GOATs in their field, the guy was a destroyer, a weapon.

Were you scared? I would be!

Worked at Granada in the 90s so met lots of '' showbiz stars''. Also met Peter Gabriel, shakira the edge from u2, muse many times. Most high profile rugby league and union players, ricky hatton a few times and a few footie players.

Last edited:
Done work at the houses of;

Mario ballotelli. Crazy fella. Very polite
James milner. Miserable as fuck. His mrs stood and made a brew for her self and never offered me one , the ultimate sin.
SWP. Top fella but tried to chip me £50 as ‘he didnt have it on him’
Craig Bellamy. Ok, as youd expect, bit offish but polite enough.
Shay given. Utter twat. Did something that ill never ‘unlike’ him for. I bristle when i see him on the tv.

And the best .. PABLO!!! I was told he wouldnt be in, as i was letting myself in, he opened the door and was just leaving. I did a little girly giggle, tried to speak, nothing came out. He was brill, he knew, he patted me on the shoulder and smiled and walked away.
‘Done Work’ is that a euphemism? ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.