Anyone think the "superstars" won't come?

People, remember that those so called superstars were totally unknown at start!!

I'd be more than happy if we have 3-4 of players that are somewhat unknown and have a big potential of being "superstars" in the future (Adam Johnson comes into mind!)

Kaka was unknown name when he first came to Milan; and eventually, he was able to overtake Rui Costa place as a regular! and the rest is a known story by most of us!

The same can be said about C. Ronaldo and Messi; arguably, the current two best players in the world!

Let's not worry too much about the big names for this season; they are bound to be attracted to City in the near future.

I think it's more important to take care of our academic players, Like Barca. Sure they buy some superstars, but they take care of their youth players too. Messi, Xavi, Bojan, Pedro, pique, Valdes and so on, are all from the Barca youth academic.

what I know, for eample we have Swedens next big thing in John Guidetti in our academic. we should not waste our own talented guys by buying "superstars" with no heart to City.

no chance and i dont want them at the club.we need to build a decent squad first.you have to walk before you can run.

CTID please define who you mean by "superstars" are they marquee players?, internationals? Just so we know who we are talking about signing.

the 'superstars' know where city are heading and therefore are attracted to the prospect of turning a club into a super club imo anyway. The prem is known as the best league in the world and where else will big players be able to go? chelsea are about it, and they won't buy too many i dont think.

Rammyblues said:
CTID please define who you mean by "superstars" are they marquee players?, internationals? Just so we know who we are talking about signing.

High-profile signings that world football recognise as being top notch. A ripple in the water is an international, the players I'm talking about make waves!

C_T_I_D said:
Rammyblues said:

High-profile signings that world football recognise as being top notch. A ripple in the water is an international, the players I'm talking about make waves!

so we're signing jonah lomu?

So would you class Ibra and Kaka in the superstars bracket?

For me the list of Marquee players hasn't really changed

Kaka
Torres
Messi
Inesta
Xavi
Fabregas
Rooney
Trannie
Henry (maybe just on balance)

Any others?

Ibra and Kaká are definately in that category for me. It's types of player who say to people "Look world, we've arrived and this is our proof".

If the ITKs are to be believed then we might be signing two marquee players, personally I don't see either of them making a hugh impact in prem (hope I am wrong ) I think if Barca sign Torres, Ibra may be looking at getting out so it is possible. Kaka I don't think will come. If we end up just signing Milner and a couple of full backs I won't be too upset and would like to think we would improve of last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.