Apology to Klatenburg

I watched it on TV and the ref got every single decision correct. You can use his past against him and you can say that he couldn't wait to give the red card/penalty but it's all irrelevant. It was probably the best refereeing performance of the season in terms of percentage of correct decisions.

if you were in a commitee making up the rules of football and you said OK lets look at this scenario and then described what happened yesterday and then decided on the punishment for it would you really decide that that was a red card offence? that effectively it was almost certainly worth the punishment of lost points for his team???????!!!!!!!

Really? I think thats bollox and the rules are wrong then.

Ricster said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
The sending off was correct unfortunately. Watch the replays and Chamakh had the ball under control when tackled. It went ahead of him because he was felled. Stop bitching - it was a red pure and simple.

Where you can argue with Clattenburg is over consistency. Yellow cards were givwen for some bad tackles but not others. Song could easily have gone and if he'd given that horrible little cheat Fabregas one for unsporting behaviour and/or simulation every time De Jong looked at him, they could have been down to nine.

I'm sorry PB, but unless Chamakh has a rocket up his arse there is no way he is catching that ball. Have a look again and pause the incident as the challenge goes in. There is no way Chamakh has the ball under control. It went ahead of him cos he over hit the ball.

Also, please note Cesc waving the imaginary card, something else that is deemed a bookable offence.
Totally disagree on the first. I've watched it a few times and he would probably have had a goal scoring opportunity. If Boyata hadn't slid in then he might have cocked it up or Hart might have saved. You can go on all you like but Clattenburg got that one right unfortunately and 99% of City fans would agree.

For the second I am in total agreement with you.

Markt85 said:
de niro said:
look, that twat of a fucking cheating ref ruined the actual game as a contest, the 45000 people that paid good money were ripped off, not by a clear cut decision but one made in THE OPINION OF a ref that has always had an agenda against us, happens far too often with the fucker to be coincidence. you soft arses can take his side if you like, you can even say i am paraniod and there is no vendetta but at the very least he is nowhere good enough to ref the prem, he not only robbed our team he robbed 30 fucking quid out of everyones pocket.

the saving grace is its a third way through the season, had it been the middle of april our whole season could blow up in our face cos of this or any other bent ref.

something has to be done.

if it was Tevez through on goal and Djourou absouluty clattered him you would have been off your seat screaming and shouting 'Off, Off, Off'

whether it was the first 5 mins or last 5 mins that was a clear red

of course i would but we had a ref the other week that did'nt send aplayer off against, we got the pen so how can not be a red card?

its not the foul that bothers me albeit an iffy card, its the twats agaenda.

"Prestwich_Blue"
The sending off was correct unfortunately. Watch the replays and Chamakh had the ball under control when tackled. It went ahead of him because he was felled. Stop bitching - it was a red pure and simple.
Well, every time I post you seem to have an almost opposite opinion to me and I guessed it was maybe you just had to be different or something, but now I know it's just obviously your perogative to talk complete and utter bollocks.

WATCH the replay and when you see Chamakh get rid with too heavy a touch, sending the ball way to far for him to get to before Hart, intentionally and in anticpation of the incoming tackle, you'll realise why you are in FACT wrong and if you have any humility about you, which I somehow doubt, will maybe reply with the fact you were mistaken.

Williamson fouled Tevez in exactly the same circumstances and got a yellow - no one from the media moaned he should have been sent off.

Clearly Chamakh played for the foul (not to try and score) and Hart was favourite to get the ball all day long. I can't believe anyone would describe it as a 'clear goalscoring opportunity' the key word being 'clear'.

It was dubious enough with 5 minutes gone for the ref to show his discretion and he chose not to - says it all about Clattenburgs motivation.

He ruined the game and the spectacle and to think some people had shelled out £50 for the privilege.<br /><br />-- Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:34 pm --<br /><br />
Lordeffingham said:
"Prestwich_Blue"
Well, every time I post you seem to have an almost opposite opinion to me and I guessed it was maybe you just had to be different or something, but now I know it's just obviously your perogative to talk complete and utter bollocks.

WATCH the replay and when you see Chamakh get rid with too heavy a touch, sending the ball way to far for him to get to before Hart, intentionally and in anticpation of the incoming tackle, you'll realise why you are in FACT wrong and if you have any humility about you, which I somehow doubt, will maybe reply with the fact you were mistaken.

Prestwich has form for this type of thing I call him the 'anti-blue' far too 'objective' on most things for my liking. (which usually means siding with the opposition)

I keep mentally taking my blue tinted specs off and re-watching the clip and still fail to see how Chamakh would have got to the ball.

At risk of repeating myself whatever your view of the incident there was enough doubt for the ref to take the decision to not ruin the game.

jay_mcfc said:
I watched it on TV and the ref got every single decision correct. You can use his past against him and you can say that he couldn't wait to give the red card/penalty but it's all irrelevant. It was probably the best refereeing performance of the season in terms of percentage of correct decisions.

How did he get the sending off correct to the letter of the law?

Was the tackle cynical or malicous?

Was it a certain goalscoring opporunity as Chamakh wouldn't have got a 2nd touch?

Have a look again.

<a class="postlink" href="http://vodpod.com/watch/4748325-dedryck-boyata-red-card-v-arsenal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://vodpod.com/watch/4748325-dedryck ... -v-arsenal</a>

....as has been said many times - (bearing in mind only seen the MOTD version of the highlights and was wrestling with making the kids' crunchy bacon wraps in the family stand for much of the game!), that was a red card.

I was convinced fabregas should have had a yellow for goading the ref to send boyata off, his first yellow may then have been a red.

I was flummoxed when Fabregas was merely told to "calm down, last chance" at a further foul that could easily have been a second yellow and off (when the other guy got booked.

I was convinced Song should have been booked for his first foul, which was very similar to a yellow we got two mins before for a very similar offence in a first half where he was dishing out cards for fun. His actual yellow would therefore have been his second so off... (in fact I was so convinced he HAD been booked the first time I was fairly doing a red card dance at his second foul). He was very influential in the game.

Can't believe a ref can book SO MANY players in the first half (to prove what a big man he is?) yet none in the second, which seemed no less full of incident.

Anyway - no apology to Battenburg for me... clearly he can't have his cake and eat it.

Lordeffingham said:
No - it's just that I'm right and you're wrong. Simples.

No malice in the tackle, simply mistimed, given the game was only into the 4th minute, for me it was a harsh decision, however he went by the book, which was heavily supplemented by Fabergas, Arshavin and Nasri having their say.

Get that rug sorted out on your head ClattenTURD, your still a Twat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.