Apology to Klatenburg

scorer said:
Prodigal Son said:
Under the law of the game it was a red card and correctly given.

My only issue would be that Vidic at Old Trafford or Terry at Stamford Bridge would not have been sent off for the same offence after 4 mins.

You just know they wouldn't....

Still..onwards..

Agreed....Marriner at Stoke, diabolical.

-- Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:28 am --

de niro said:
what a lovely post, i may even cry. the only stopping me is that clattenburg is a fucking cheating twat with a dodgy hair piece.
we knew as his appointment was made he would do all in his power to cost us the game, if this had been a one off maybe some allowance could be made, its not though, he has proper form for ripping us. good job i sit on level 2 otherwise i'd have by passed the ever aging stewards and ran up and booted the fucker right in his bollocks.

Refs cant win with you can they Bill?

Last week you blamed Davison for us beating Blackpool and the week before it was Atkinsons faulot that we beat Newcastle.....I give up, but credit where its due, Klatenburg was spot on yesterday.

Are you going to Wolves and Poznan?? See you soon mate.

i am fickle tony, i hate any twat that hurts my club and love any ref who helps us:)

will be at wolves and poznan.

see you there.

Blue Mooner said:
Matty said:
He got the sending off correct. The laws need changing to give him more leeway to book rather than red card, but that's not his fault. The penalty was given by the linesman not Clattenburg, but again it was correct. The thing is it's easy for Clattenburg to get those two decisions correct, because they benefitted Arsenal. Yes, he booked 4 Arsenal players in the first half, but the major concern for me was the Song fouls. He booked Barry for his first foul of the game, and not a particularly bad one either, he then allowed Song to commit 3 or 4 similar offences before finally booking him. I'd also suggest that, should you look at the number of 50/50 decisions that we got, it would be noticeably less than Arsenal got.

The main issue I have with Clattenburg is his predictability. I saw he was the ref as I walked towards the ground (BBC website on my phone) and KNEW what were were going to get. Very few decisions going our way. Unfortunately we gave him the perfect opportunities to punish us without displaying his normal level of corruption and bias, but have no doubt, had Boyata not been sent off, and Kompany not given away a penalty, Clattenburg would have found numerous ways to give Arsenal the upper hand. When you know before the match has kcked off that the ref will be biased against you, and he turns out to be just as you predicted, then that should sound alarm bells. He's corrupt.

Summed up perfectly, although it seems I am the only person who thinks the sending off wasn't as clear cut as everyone else seems to think.

Yes Boyata was the last man but did he really deny a clear goalscoring opportunity ? That is the definition in footballs own rules not being the last man.

If you watch where the ball goes, straight into Harts arms, Chamakh had knocked the ball far too far in front of him to be in control of the ball and I believe Hart would have simply come out and smothered the ball. In my mind it was a free kick and a booking and a short word in Boyata's ear.

Yes, I can see 'why' he gave it but as you say it was the perfect excuse to give Arsenal the advantage. Also the way in which he sent him off was a joke, he should have just flashed the red card if it was that clear cut rather than wait five minutes.

Can't argue with the penalty but the damage was already done by then.

This was exactly my reaction. Before the match, I turned to the Arsenal fan next to me and send, "Great, Clattenburg." Someone in Blue is getting sent off. Even though I can see how he made the call, simply based on past performances, I can't help but be frustrated.

Also, you'd think that people who are paid quite handsomely (including former professionals) to analyze football, one of the prerequisites to do so being an understanding of the rules and the subjectivity of their interpretation, would have a better understanding of the actual rule. Last man back is a mitigating factor used to determine whether or not a clear goalscoring opportunity has been interfered with. It isn't a bookable offense in and of itself. In hindsight, that fucking ball was pretty far of Chamakh's foot.

look, that twat of a fucking cheating ref ruined the actual game as a contest, the 45000 people that paid good money were ripped off, not by a clear cut decision but one made in THE OPINION OF a ref that has always had an agenda against us, happens far too often with the fucker to be coincidence. you soft arses can take his side if you like, you can even say i am paraniod and there is no vendetta but at the very least he is nowhere good enough to ref the prem, he not only robbed our team he robbed 30 fucking quid out of everyones pocket.

the saving grace is its a third way through the season, had it been the middle of april our whole season could blow up in our face cos of this or any other bent ref.

something has to be done.

de niro said:
look, that twat of a fucking cheating ref ruined the actual game as a contest, the 45000 people that paid good money were ripped off, not by a clear cut decision but one made in THE OPINION OF a ref that has always had an agenda against us, happens far too often with the fucker to be coincidence. you soft arses can take his side if you like, you can even say i am paraniod and there is no vendetta but at the very least he is nowhere good enough to ref the prem, he not only robbed our team he robbed 30 fucking quid out of everyones pocket.

the saving grace is its a third way through the season, had it been the middle of april our whole season could blow up in our face cos of this or any other bent ref.

i certainly felt like i'd been mugged
was contemplating actually leaving and going to the pub with the stupid twat pulled out the red card with his look of absolute glee
the only individual as bad was fabregas the cock

How is he denying chamakh a goal scoring opportunity if hart was favourite to get the ball? It should have been yellow

de niro said:

if it was Tevez through on goal and Djourou absouluty clattered him you would have been off your seat screaming and shouting 'Off, Off, Off'

whether it was the first 5 mins or last 5 mins that was a clear red

de niro said:

He couldn't get the card out quickly enough and I swear the fecker was smiling as he reached into his pocket and called Boyata over in anticipation at the response it would engender in the crowd. It didn't look like a considered footballing judgement from where I was sat. Fecker enjoyed it too much.

ali.b said:
I kind of agree with arguments for & against but it seemed far too easy for Clattenburg to favour the opposition, as often seems the case. There was definite inconsistency. Did no-one feel that Songs goal was overly celebrated? Booking anyone? I seem to remember last weeks goals being followed with a card - again it was a player who'd already been booked.

Sending off = yes
Penalty = yes
Clattenberg = still a twunt

At the end of the day, we can write this one off. Could we have beaten Arsenal with 11? May-be but we'll never know. Chins up!

oi pal

what's with the username?!?!?!?

scorer said:
At the game yesterday I was well pissed off with the ref. I didn't berate like many about me did but I thought he had a shocker and criticised him.

Having seen the game on sky this morning I admit I was wrong.

He had an excellent game and got every call correct. We must not blame the referee everytime we lose.

Klatenburg got the sending off,the penalty, the bookings correct.

We needto grow up and admit the truth.

For the record I dont blame Boyata, he was put in an impossible position, took a gamble and lost.

Lets move on.

the bloke next to me kept shouting "F*****g Battenberg -- you're not a referee you're a F*****g Cake!!!"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.