Apple iPhone and more

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by neel, 10 Sep 2019.

1. shevtheblue

shevtheblue

Huawei have made a new tablet that could rival the iPad and they laptop is already up there with the MBP, if they can get HarmonyOS on all of these and into cars and TV's, like they are planning to do, there could be one hell of a tech ecosystem there like nothing we've ever seen before.

FCBarca likes this.
  2. Carver

Carver

iPhone 5C & 5S along with 6 and 6 plus still supported up to end of iOS 12. (Current is 12.4.1 and installed on my backup phone, a 5S).

iOS 13 is released on 19 September and the above 4 phones won’t be supported. The lowest you can have are 6S 6S+ and SE. (Just means they will be stuck on 12 and any new bugs/ threats not dealt with any more- phone will still work).
    My iPhone 7 is supported for a while yet.

Also for those with iPads your iOS 12 will be upgrading to a new OS called ipadOS, available 30th Sept.
    https://www.apple.com/ipados/features/

My iPad Air 2 is just about compatible (it’s the oldest supported)

Last edited: 12 Sep 2019 at 4:57 PM
  3. crooky

crooky

They’re very good when it comes to supporting their devices for a long time. The 5C has been dropped already though with iOS 10. My ancient iPad mini 2 still gets updates as well, again until ipadOS comes out.

Carver likes this.
  4. Carver

Carver

Thanks for the update Crooky, I bow to your superior knowledge

5. aguerrrroooooooooooo

aguerrrroooooooooooo

This is the biggest pro for Apple imo.
    When you own all the hardware development and optimization of an OS is a lot easier than it is for say Google or Microsoft

6. shevtheblue

shevtheblue

This is the same for Google when it comes to Pixel phones, the guaranteeyou will get updates for at least 3yrs and for the newer phones (Pixel 2 onwards i think) they add an extension onto whenever the last pixel sale date in stores is. Their security updates are also the most regular out of any OS, i get nearly monthly security patches for my Pixel 3XL.
    IMO the major plus for Apple is their Apple Stores, although their 'Genius bar' is a ridiculous term for what they do,their support and customer service is brilliant. I haven't had a Samsung for a while so can't speak for their stores, as they have one in Trafford centre now as well i think, but they'll need to go some way rival Apple for that.

aguerrrroooooooooooo likes this.
  7. peoffrey

peoffrey

I have an iPhone 7 due for renewal and am undecided between a Sim only deal for 12 months, an XR or 11.

8. SWP's back

SWP's back

Were you at a moped convention?