Are Gundogan, Laporte, Mahrez and Palmer missed at all?

Gundo will always be a legend. Mahrez will always be remembered for a sublime first touch - the best I have ever seen or probably will ever see.
Palmer will be remembered for being the typically entitled modern day footballer who demands to be played and refuses to believe the manager knows best.

Gundo for sure will be missed for his crucial and iconic goals as well as his consistency.

Mahrez is a PL icon and delivered for us when the chips were down, I will never forget how he carried the team after 2022 WC when other players were either tired, injured or underperforming. I will also never forget that he was pivotal to break CL quarter final curse and paved the way for winning it. His goal and assist in the last game of his first season with us that helped secure our PL title.

Laporte and Palmer are not missed for different reasons. Laporte for his CL slip-ups and Palmer for his short cameos.

I think we're missing Gundogan's football intelligence. How many times was he always in the right place to score from rebounds or as a counterfoil for our attacking players?
I know it's still early days this season, but I can't see who is going to replace his goals.
I agree but we're seeing Alvarez, Foden, Doku chipping in with goals. I think we'll be alright but I get your point about intelligence.

I certainly felt Gundos absence at wolves on Saturday. I kept thinking of the villa game where he changed it around after coming on as a sub. We needed someone to grab the game by the scruff of the neck.

Gundo and Mahrez, yes. We probably win against both Newcastle and Wolves with them still here.

However, we will be fine with what we have.

Still too early to tell for me. Gundo I think has been missed so far, but whether he will continue to be missed with Kovacic and Nunes/z getting up to speed we shall see.

Mahrez has been badly missed imo. Not having that easy switch of play and guaranteed control really slows our game. He was vastly underrated by many on here so no real surprise the impact he provided is continued to be overlooked.

Gundo, obviously a big miss. His goals from midfield haven't been replaced nor has his control on the game. He would have held the midfield together against wolves and I'd be infinitely more confident this weekend with him in the squad.

Palmer you can't say we miss because he played so little for us I do think he could have made a difference though, he's a better prospect than Bobb who was thrown on to try rescue something against wolves.

Laporte was on the periphery when he left so he won't be missed until we suffer a defensive injury crisis and our lack of options in defence is highlighted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.