Are Manchester's bus drivers grumpy?

It all depends on where you live. Leading up to Christmas, the Rochdale-Manchester route was serviced (and all who travelled therein, oo-er missus) by drivers wearing Father Christmas outfits. Impossible to be grumpy.

Anybody who has to work with the great British public in public situations has my admiration and heartfelt thanks.

Bus drivers, social workers, ticket collectors on trains etc..........................I couldn't do what you do.

Unfortunately a large amount of the general public are idiots, having to deal with them and their shit all day would be enough, but to then have some bell mithering about why you're late would definitely help to wipe the big cheery smile off the drivers face and forget their how do you do kind sirs. Where does he think the drivers been? Having a kip? Shagging his Mrs?

I suppose it gives the councillor something to do and shows all is not too bad with our part of the world if the biggest concern of local government is smiling bus drivers, are there no more pressing issues?

another generation said:
It all depends on where you live. Leading up to Christmas, the Rochdale-Manchester route was serviced (and all who travelled therein, oo-er missus) by drivers wearing Father Christmas outfits. Impossible to be grumpy.
unless you were the poor sod wearing the Santa costume?

StrangewaysHereWeCome said:
another generation said:
unless you were the poor sod wearing the Santa costume?
Done out of their own free will, I'm sure of it.

I don't care for bus drivers' attitudes, it helps if they're nice but I'll live if they aren't. My problem with First is they can be incredibly unreliable, ridiculous at times. But that's not really something you can pin on drivers, that's for the higher ups to be addressing.

First bus company are terrible. They move in convoy then get annoyed when you want to get on the less packed bus in the convoy. Then they stop at bus stops for hours when you're in a rush.

Can only agree with the above comments. Don't care if they are grumpy but I don't think it is unreasonable to expect the bus to turn up on time (especially when there is little traffic on the roads).

Not being funny but Cllr. Bayley complaining about people being grumpy is on a par with Peter Andre complaining about the modern trend of the dumbing down of British television.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.