are norwich taking the ****?

Re: are norwich taking the piss?

Kakhaber Tskhadadze K.O.T.A. said:
hertsblue said:
We should charge thier away fans the same as we are charged. When thier fans complain of the high costs for visiting city, tell them to speak to thier club

Norwich are charging their home fans £60 as well - (Members £58). Its a CAT A game - its the same when Chelsea go there on boxing day.

They are making hay while the sun shines.
Yet if you want to watch Wigan there (I know!)...

Special ticket offer for Wigan game

Tickets for Wigan's visit to Carrow Road in the Barclays Premier League on Saturday, December 15, 3pm kick-off are now on general sale.

Seats are priced at £19 for adults, £10 for over-65s and £5 for under-16s.

It will never happen but what if a club took a stance.
If City were to tell Arsenal we will have 1500 tickets at £62.
Then not sell them meaning the club would stand £93k.
Or sell 6 so fans could display banner similar to Ajax did ' £62 for away fans is ridiculous'

As said before its only going to get worse . The fans dont pay the players wages anymore,the income from ticket sales goes towards covering costs.
German games have great crowds ,great atmosphere because the ordinary guy can afford the tickets.
Some apologists compare it to the theatre for entertainment value but theatre goers are not sat on a piece of plastic and herded around before and after watching.

I know things change and time moves on but its not always in the best interest of the people who should really matter,no not the TV audience,the fans.

cleavers said:
Kakhaber Tskhadadze K.O.T.A. said:
squirtyflower said:
So why is there a 250% mark up for city fans?

simple economics - Supply & demand.
Its not that simple though, Norwich usually sell out, there may be more demand but theres no more supply available.

Wigan will only take a taxi load to Norwich - Its the Saturday before Christmas ...... even the "carrot crunchers" may think twice about going...... but at £19 they will make the effort.

Kakhaber Tskhadadze K.O.T.A said:
Wigan will only take a taxi load to Norwich - Its the Saturday before Christmas
Of course they will, but they'll only a taxi load of tickets in the first place. Norwich will sell the rest, they were selling out 2 years ago against much lesser opposition.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
squirtyflower said:
Chillidog77 said:
Know what you mean. Dreading the Arsenal away price.
Me too
Train tickets already booked so can't pull out now

so you value train tickets higher than City and football fans in general continually getting ripped off?

personally I'd take the hit for one game if it meant a formal protest that would hopefully kick start other sets of fans doing the same.

That's just my opinion though, you'd be saving yourself £60 odd quid anyway so use that to cover the train loss.

No mate - he's saying that he's already made plans for this game and he's hardly going to change them because some randomer on the internet wants him to is he? I'm sure you wouldn't like it if someone you didn't know tried to tell you what you can or can't do this weekend.

A mass boycott of a game should be planned well in advance of anyone having made travel arrangements. If that happens, then I'm definitely in.

-- Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:05 pm --

JoeMercer'sWay said:
nicholasjackson said:
champions or not, we need to boycott this

i remember when wigan went and put prices up from £25 to £35, instead of 5,200 fans going 1,400 went (inc me, new ground and all that), year after £5 and only £28 6 years later for wednesdays game.

Exactly, personally I think any club who charges over £35 should be boycotted, but I guess people wouldn't do a mass protest at that mark as there's too many "i'm alright Jack" with a bit of money in their pocket people who would take advantage instead of supporting the cause, so I guess it would be down to boycotting £50+.

The trouble with boycotting at that price is that you'd be boycotting 18 out of the 19 PL away games and only be attending Wigan away.

ribbo said:
My proposal ( not the answer) fixed price for away fans at city let's say £100 no concessions only allocate 1000 in corner of cb bottom tier. Clear state we are doing this due to exploitation this season and also due safety reasons benefits us all round get full end behind goal for atmosphere more revenue less support for away teams extra 1-2 thousand tickets available for us any team who have history of ripping us off only get 500

The club would be blatantly breaking at least 2 rules if that was to happen - the one that says you can't charge visiting supporters more than home fans for equivalent seats, and also the fact that you have to make up to around 3000 tickets available to away fans if they wanted to take them.

The formation of the Premiership, and the all seater stadia, where clubs ruthlessly exploited fans by using the safety concerns post Hillsborough to justify the price hikes. Chelsea were pioneers with the expensive tickets, United followed suit, and now everyone else has caught up. Personally, it wouldnt bother me if Sky went bump tomorrow, and every club had to crawl back on bended knee to the people the game simply wouldn't exist without, us, the fans........................... wishful thinking I know, but just how I feel. City til we die

Was definately in my 3 favourite away games last year with Spurs and the Scum. Though apart from the result what also made the day was the weather. Stunning all day which meant the coach journey only took 4 hours.
Now a cold dark more than likely rain sodden December day on a coach for 5 hours. And then for somebody to take a

fiftypoundnotefront.jpg

Though having bought my Newcastle, Sunderland and soon to be Arsenal ticket. I am sure my wallett could do with a break.

well I'm not going to Norwich,off to benidorm for xmas to watch it with the missus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.