Are people thicker these days?

There is a lot of lack of preperation I have noticed nowadays, we get people buying food and snacks asking for one thing at a time a lot for example someone buys in our canteen at work a chip butty ask them if they want somethimg else they say no, pay then they ask for a sauce and a drink, pay again then ask for a cake or something, I go to a food counter I know what I want collectively.

Here's a question on the same lines, people getting breakfast ask for 2 bacon on toast a lot, what are they asking for though? does everybody think
Is that because maybe they can't add up? And that it's easier to purchase one thing at a time so they know exactly how much it's going to cost them!

Is that because maybe they can't add up? And that it's easier to purchase one thing at a time so they know exactly how much it's going to cost them!

the prices don't change and these same are there everyday, and the prices are well signed, it's not hard to work it out prior to buying, yeah of course some people have difficulty with maths, but when the same people everyday do it on items that cost the same every day it looks like a lack of common sense or ability to plan ahead.

People are definitely getting dumber, and the media certainly targets that demographic. The constant parade of "reality TV" (all scripted of course) talent contests and the weekly schmorgasboard of benefits related car crash TV is the daily rapast for a dullard general public eager to injest more vapid, vacuous content.

I'm convinced that people's memory's will get worse as well due to a reliance on Google. There was a time when you'd sit in the pub with your mates and actually try and remember the name of some film,actor, series etc. Now it's straight on to Google.

If proof were needed just look at Saturday night prime tv. Take me out followed by Saturday night takeaway... tv for complete morons

I'm certainly a bit more stupid nowadays, but this is less worrying than the people who are a lot less clever but don't realise it.

One of the issues is that Hollywood now makes films specifically with a worldwide market in mind. That means you want simple shit that translates well into any language and has absolutely no controversy that might lead to it getting banned in certain places. And of course recognisable stuff. Look at the list of highest grossing films ever:

1. Avatar
2. Titanic
3. franchise
4. franchise
5. franchise
6. franchise
7. sequel
8. sequel
9. Frozen
10. sequel
11. spin off
12. sequel
13. sequel
14. sequel
15. franchise
16. sequel
17. sequel
18. sequel
19. sequel
20. franchise

3 original ideas out of 20.
Can't believe I've not seen Franchise or Sequel before

My wife teaches at a college, they have set up a class for new students called 'Roots'
Fuck all to do with hair dye or slavery, it's basic, ( very basic), maths and English.
They have to teach them the time as they can only tell it digitally off their phones, and not the traditional clock face.
Also this 'text speak' doesn't seem to help, abbreviating every other word.

As an aside I went to Sainsbury's petrol station in Salford about midnight one Saturday. The gormless twat in front of me was barking his order at the young girl on the till. Luckily she was behind plate glass. He ordered '2 fosters, when she came back after walking across the shop he said ' 2 packs I wanted' then turned to his mate and said ' Fick as fuck her!'
Then she brought that back and he said " and a snickers bar"
I thought I was gonna be there all night!
Never been since!
sound like a modern take on the 2 Ronnie's sketch fork handles.

Just last week i saw two people i work with trying to get into a paracetamol bottle .

They are both mid twenties and parents

Both of them did not know you had to line up the arrows

I think it's more fashionable to be thick now. And I don't mean GCSE results- those mean fuck all. I mean not knowing who the Prime Minister is, not knowing what a baby sheep is called, not knowing what the capital of Spain is. Stuff like that.

Although I think if Joey Essex was as stupid as he acts he couldn't possibly have survived this long.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.