Are there any bluemooners on here that foĺlow England?

Always took a great interest in England. I used to take my youngest son, daughter and her friend to England home games at Wembley in the late 90’s. Lost a bit of interest after South Africa World Cup. Can’t stand Southgate tbh but will watch all the games over the summer and hope for the best.

I'm from the USA so am an atypical fan... but yeah, I follow international football and will avidly watch the Euros while routing for England (I think that they will win - they've the best squad) throughout.

I don't follow England, I don't watch international football at all, It's shite.

I'd genuinely rather watch City win a pre season friendly against Budweiser Rovers than England win the World Cup or the Euros.

I don’t follow England but I’ll watch the tournament. I’ve never much liked them and I think it’s because of the England fans.

I suppose I’d want them to win if there’s City players involved but if they lose I won’t give a monkey’s.

I wonder if there’s a direct correlation between supporting a top side ( one that’s probably better than most international sides ) and not giving a fuck about international football?

United fans used to boast about how United would batter England if they played and would sing ‘Argentina’ at games, when the rest of the country was hating on them after the ‘98 World Cup.

And now it seems, if Bluemoon is representative at least, that City fans are queuing up to be the fan who gives the least fucks about England.

There was a time when it would be cause for great pride and celebration if a City player got an England cap. Now a lot of people seem to have resentment that they’re playing for their country and want nothing more than them to come back un-injured.

Is it simply a case that City fans don’t need international football anymore because they can watch the best players in the world every week? Or is there more to it than that?

I wonder if there’s a direct correlation between supporting a top side ( one that’s probably better than most international sides ) and not giving a fuck about international football?

United fans used to boast about how United would batter England if they played and would sing ‘Argentina’ at games, when the rest of the country was hating on them after the ‘98 World Cup.

And now it seems, if Bluemoon is representative at least, that City fans are queuing up to be the fan who gives the least fucks about England.

There was a time when it would be cause for great pride and celebration if a City player got an England cap. Now a lot of people seem to have resentment that they’re playing for their country and want nothing more than them to come back un-injured.

Is it simply a case that City fans don’t need international football anymore because they can watch the best players in the world every week? Or is there more to it than that
You have a good point about our fans not wanting our players to get injured as we play enough games and I understand that.As a player it is your dream to play for your country.I have watched England for over 40yrs and I am still passionate.Next week will be my 5th tournament and the 3rd with my lad who loves it.I have very rarely miss an England home game and will be there tomorrow but what I will say is I have never had the verbal shit thrown at me like it was at Newcastle in a pub on on Monday by a Darlington fan about his perception of city. I just smiled its just not worth the oxygen but more of this might prevent me from travelling to away games next season if this was to carry on.

Always took a great interest in England. I used to take my youngest son, daughter and her friend to England home games at Wembley in the late 90’s. Lost a bit of interest after South Africa World Cup. Can’t stand Southgate tbh but will watch all the games over the summer and hope for the best.
This is where I am at. I fulfilled a lifetime ambition of being at a World Cup abroad for its entirety in Germany 2006, following England until the QF, then attending the final in Berlin. South Africa and Brazil were disgraceful but I enjoyed us in Russia until that semi final when I first witnessed Southgates awful in game management when he freezes, concedes midfield and hopes for the best.

Unfortunately I have no hope and believe we will struggle in the group stages with draws in our first two games which will probably result in our going out to Germany in the first round of the knockout stages.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.