Are we clearly suffering from a lack of striker this season? Have midtable sides figured us out?

I think a solid striker would benefit us yes. To often this season i have found myself thinking "we need an Aguero here". We have got by in a few games however if we had a striker who can bang them in we would be crushing teams. If we are doing that the opposition are half beaten before the whistle and their head will drop as soon as we get the first.

The risk of more matches like Palace is heightened i feel as long as we only have one plan/dimension to our game. We are lucky we have the tactics and players to do what we do already, a solid striker would give us another dimension i feel.

two main rivals overscoring (Pool, Chelsea) their xG by having players who finish their chances better than average.
we underscore ours as quite clearly we fluff chances that should be finished by attackers with cool, killer instinct finishing, the type of players that regularly could get shots on target with their eyes closed. thats not something you can say about Mahrez, Sterling, Jesus

we needed "one of a career" season from Gundo last season to be our top scorer in PL, and things look like it could be now Bernardo who needs to carry the burden of overscoring his personal goal avg by a lot to keep us moving.

bit of a worry that Mahrez, Sterling goals are not really replaced by other players yet. these two will play much less in PL, but will Grealish, Jesus just keep scoring instead of them? hardly...

getting someone with killer instinct upfront should be the main priority as I think it would lift the whole attacking unit to have someone they can trust and look up to who can and used to finish chances day in day out. for creative players like Foden, KDB, Grealish not to have someone to create chances for is certainly something where we miss out big time on potential. or with having mediocre finishers only.

clinical striker please find one.

I want to see this set of players playing with a top striker leading the line.
when even the closest player to a striker like Jesus says he prefers to be a winger then its clear the false 9 system.
We've had the toughest set of games. We aren't that far behind the others and in any event, we're going on our unbeaten run now till the end of the season, sweeping all before us; who needs another striker? Not City. That Bernardo goal sums up the greatness of our team - playing away from home with a depleted side and we can come up with that absolute gem.
We haven't been found out at all, imho.

We've had the toughest set of games. We aren't that far behind the others and in any event, we're going on our unbeaten run now till the end of the season, sweeping all before us; who needs another striker? Not City. That Bernardo goal sums up the greatness of our team - playing away from home with a depleted side and we can come up with that absolute gem.
We haven't been found out at all, imho.
They both need to come to our place after we outclassed the pair on them on their own turf and when they played each other back in August they cancelled each other out. When they cancel each other again at Stamford Bridge we will hit top spot whilst we continue on one of our long winning runs. There is a reason we are odds on favourites.

the amount of crossing we were doing today a striker like haaland would have had a hatrick and game would be by 60 mins. These kind of lapses will be punished in the CL. please for the love of God buy us a striker in Jan

I think so yeah. Lowest goals total this season for years, I think a striker would pull us away in this league. But we’re still top and I don’t think we’ve really started playing well yet this season (proper ‘well’, like we really can!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.