Are we clearly suffering from a lack of striker this season? Have midtable sides figured us out?

sorry to bring this up again, but these are the exact kind of games that show us what we are missing in our team. as I said before southampton press us differently to any other english side. they do not high press and at the same time won't drop back, they block the middle of the pitch and press the center of the pitch and prevent the ball moving through the middle.

When our false 9 came deep to receive the ball there was no one near their box and at the same time they have double marked our wingers out of the game. so essentially there was only two way to progress the ball and both of it involves using a striker who can hold up the ball under pressure and also score. because of the way they press the free men for us will be our fullbacks. so essentially you either use the free fullbacks inside and make them pass to the big center forward who can hold the ball and pass to midfield runners who go beyond him or you use the fullbacks outside to cross to the forward in the box. we had neither today.

I feel southampton have given a very good blueprint to beat our false 9 system and I feel we are in for a tough season end without a forward and the decline of our false 9 system has started. I think right now this system we have makes tight matches a 50/50 game we might not score and lose some of the important games I feel and especially in the CL it is going to be tough.
Oh dear

sorry to bring this up again, but these are the exact kind of games that show us what we are missing in our team. as I said before southampton press us differently to any other english side. they do not high press and at the same time won't drop back, they block the middle of the pitch and press the center of the pitch and prevent the ball moving through the middle.

When our false 9 came deep to receive the ball there was no one near their box and at the same time they have double marked our wingers out of the game. so essentially there was only two way to progress the ball and both of it involves using a striker who can hold up the ball under pressure and also score. because of the way they press the free men for us will be our fullbacks. so essentially you either use the free fullbacks inside and make them pass to the big center forward who can hold the ball and pass to midfield runners who go beyond him or you use the fullbacks outside to cross to the forward in the box. we had neither today.

I feel southampton have given a very good blueprint to beat our false 9 system and I feel we are in for a tough season end without a forward and the decline of our false 9 system has started. I think right now this system we have makes tight matches a 50/50 game we might not score and lose some of the important games I feel and especially in the CL it is going to be tough.
Oh god. One of those “Pep has been worked out” posts we get every single time we drop a point.

Interesting that they have figured us out yet would have lost 3-1 or worse if Sterling could score from 3 yards and the ref wasn't bent as fuck

Wow, just wow

37/39 pts, with a melting pot of ‘mid table’ teams and we’ve been ‘found out’, can’t make this shit up!

Why the fuck would you dredge this dumb as fuck thread back up?

We already know you're a fucking idiot but...

Manchester City FC without a striker.

gTjtfB0.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.