Are we dining at the top table or not?

Blue2112 said:
I've seen a man come out of nowhere and buy our club with a vision that none of us could have dreamed would ever happen. I've seen City win the league twice and finish runners up once in the last three seasons. I've seen us lift the FA Cup, League Cup and Community Shield. I've seen us playing Champions League football and watched us beat the rags at Wembley in a game that shook things up and changed the mentality of this club forever. I've seen us buy some of the best footballers that money can buy with a manger that is just a class above everyone else in the Premiership. I've proudly watched us build what is going to be the best academy the country has to offer and at the same time redevelop East Manchester beyond recognition. I am currently watching us add a third tier to an already fantastic stadium with another to be added later.

I have seen the infrastructure and development around our stadium and the professionalism of our football club go from strength to strength beyond our wildest dreams. All of this has been achieved whilst the rest of the football world has looked on with an indifference to us that can only be put down to sheer envy and fear. From our own British media and the so called experts to the very top table at UEFA, every single one of them have been quick to put down Manchester City Football Club at every given opportunity. Moving goal posts, bringing in new rules, mocking our every move whilst turning a blind eye to similar actions of the other so called big clubs. It's been anything to stop us in our tracks. But it has failed and not for one second do I believe that we have come this far to not dine at the top table any longer.

Today's transfer dealings may seem a little difficult to fathom out for the majority of us but seriously does anyone really think there isn't a plan going on behind the scenes. Does anybody really believe we are back to being typical City and that we don't know what we are doing all of a sudden. Strap yourselves in, sit back and enjoy the ride. This club is in it for the long term, more trophies, more titles and yes even the odd dip here and there. What a great time to be a City supporter - I reckon the greatest time of all time in fact.

Blue2112...no apologies re-posting. Beautifully put, thank you.

Offloading negredo without replacing him (especially given falcao's availability) is a shameful decision. 2012/13 all over again.

Negredo was poor for the last 3 months of last season and that deal was too good to turn down.

It's risky with Aguero and Jovetic being as injury prone as they are but maybe it's the time that Dzeko having just signed a new contract will really shine knowing that he is one of three on a rotation basis and not one of four and spending half the season on the bench.

A fully focused Dzeko is a top quality striker.

My bigger concern Is the lack of creativity we have when Silva is off form or injured. Nasri just doesn't step up when required and the bench the other day only really contained Navas who is pretty hit and miss creative wise.

I think we should have been looking in that department to be honest.

Time will tell if this summer has been a good one with shrewd buys leading to more success or a poor one where we have allowed the others to catch up again.

Well said 2112.

Logic always seems to get imposed upon on nights like this.

Isn't the point is that united have spent all this money this window precisely because we're dining at the top table.

The effects of September 1st, six years ago, are still being felt in the world of football and nowhere more acutely than at united.

This football club, through the offices of Sheikh Mansour, has profoundly changed the face of world club football and is very much involved at the top of that world. If that isn't dining at the top table, then I don't know what is.

davymcfc said:
Offloading negredo without replacing him (especially given falcao's availability) is a shameful decision. 2012/13 all over again.

CL restrictions (16+5)

HG (5): Joe Hart, James Milner, Frank Lampard, Gael Clichy, Dedryck Boyata.
Non-HG(16): Bacary Sagna, Vincent Kompany, Pablo Zabaleta, Fernando, Samir Nasri, Edin Dzeko, Aleksandar Kolarov, Willy Caballero, Jesus Navas, Sergio Aguero, Eliaquim Mangala, Fernandinho, Martin Demichelis, Yaya Toure, Stevan Jovetic, David Silva.

Others: Scott Sinclair, Matija Nastasic.

There was no room for a replacement, we'll buy one next summer should our restrictions be lifted, if not we have a guaranteed £24m towards our budget plus (I'd hope) £20m from not maxing our spending this summer.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Well said 2112.

Logic always seems to get imposed upon on nights like this.

Isn't the point is that united have spent all this money this window precisely because we're dining at the top table.

The effects of September 1st, six years ago, are still being felt in the world of football and nowhere more acutely than at united.

This football club, through the offices of Sheikh Mansour, has profoundly changed the face of world club football and is very much involved at the top of that world. If that isn't dining at the top table, then I don't know what is.

Mind you, that's what they whinge about - that City have ruined football (of course) and made them spend fortunes. They could have sorted out their team three years ago though, that would have helped. This flapping round like a dying fish is as much about their incompetence as anything else.

Blue2112 said:
I've seen a man come out of nowhere and buy our club with a vision that none of us could have dreamed would ever happen. I've seen City win the league twice and finish runners up once in the last three seasons. I've seen us lift the FA Cup, League Cup and Community Shield. I've seen us playing Champions League football and watched us beat the rags at Wembley in a game that shook things up and changed the mentality of this club forever. I've seen us buy some of the best footballers that money can buy with a manger that is just a class above everyone else in the Premiership. I've proudly watched us build what is going to be the best academy the country has to offer and at the same time redevelop East Manchester beyond recognition. I am currently watching us add a third tier to an already fantastic stadium with another to be added later.

I have seen the infrastructure and development around our stadium and the professionalism of our football club go from strength to strength beyond our wildest dreams. All of this has been achieved whilst the rest of the football world has looked on with an indifference to us that can only be put down to sheer envy and fear. From our own British media and the so called experts to the very top table at UEFA, every single one of them have been quick to put down Manchester City Football Club at every given opportunity. Moving goal posts, bringing in new rules, mocking our every move whilst turning a blind eye to similar actions of the other so called big clubs. It's been anything to stop us in our tracks. But it has failed and not for one second do I believe that we have come this far to not dine at the top table any longer.

Today's transfer dealings may seem a little difficult to fathom out for the majority of us but seriously does anyone really think there isn't a plan going on behind the scenes. Does anybody really believe we are back to being typical City and that we don't know what we are doing all of a sudden. Strap yourselves in, sit back and enjoy the ride. This club is in it for the long term, more trophies, more titles and yes even the odd dip here and there. What a great time to be a City supporter - I reckon the greatest time of all time in fact.
Great post. Happy Sheikh Mansour Day

davymcfc said:

Whilst I understand your stance, only time will tell whether we've dropped a bollock (like our 2012/13 campaign.)
I think our squad is the most settled and balanced I've ever seen it, but I'll admit letting Negredo leave without replacing him and taking into account Aguero's and Jovetic's injury records, does leave me feeling slightly concerned.

On a side note, we've had to toe the FFP line this window and taking into account the average age of our squad, I have a feeling were going to do something pretty special next summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.