Are we dining at the top table or not?

One the plus side, all 3 of our strikers can take part in every match, either playing from the start or coming off the bench. No more disgruntled strikers at City anymore. Should make for a happy strike force.

I think we have left ourselves light.

We are now short of a striker and a central midfielder when Lampard goes.

Considering how our rivals have strengthened I'd be surprised if we retained the Prem unless we get very lucky with injuries.

We will be back but we have stood still.

Has everyone forgotten about kelechi he's only waiting for a work permit in the next month I think it's about time we started putting younguns as a fourth choice striker

Blue2112 said:
I've seen a man come out of nowhere and buy our club with a vision that none of us could have dreamed would ever happen. I've seen City win the league twice and finish runners up once in the last three seasons. I've seen us lift the FA Cup, League Cup and Community Shield. I've seen us playing Champions League football and watched us beat the rags at Wembley in a game that shook things up and changed the mentality of this club forever. I've seen us buy some of the best footballers that money can buy with a manger that is just a class above everyone else in the Premiership. I've proudly watched us build what is going to be the best academy the country has to offer and at the same time redevelop East Manchester beyond recognition. I am currently watching us add a third tier to an already fantastic stadium with another to be added later.

I have seen the infrastructure and development around our stadium and the professionalism of our football club go from strength to strength beyond our wildest dreams. All of this has been achieved whilst the rest of the football world has looked on with an indifference to us that can only be put down to sheer envy and fear. From our own British media and the so called experts to the very top table at UEFA, every single one of them have been quick to put down Manchester City Football Club at every given opportunity. Moving goal posts, bringing in new rules, mocking our every move whilst turning a blind eye to similar actions of the other so called big clubs. It's been anything to stop us in our tracks. But it has failed and not for one second do I believe that we have come this far to not dine at the top table any longer.

Today's transfer dealings may seem a little difficult to fathom out for the majority of us but seriously does anyone really think there isn't a plan going on behind the scenes. Does anybody really believe we are back to being typical City and that we don't know what we are doing all of a sudden. Strap yourselves in, sit back and enjoy the ride. This club is in it for the long term, more trophies, more titles and yes even the odd dip here and there. What a great time to be a City supporter - I reckon the greatest time of all time in fact.

Beautifully said. Frame this!

I have read a lot of threads about the lack of signings etc. But does no one remember the Khaldoons interview at the end of last season when he was questioned about FFP? He mentioned that if we have to take a shorter step in our development this year because of FFP then we will take it in our stride. Or words to that effect.

SkyBlueTX said:
Blue2112 said:
I've seen a man come out of nowhere and buy our club with a vision that none of us could have dreamed would ever happen. I've seen City win the league twice and finish runners up once in the last three seasons. I've seen us lift the FA Cup, League Cup and Community Shield. I've seen us playing Champions League football and watched us beat the rags at Wembley in a game that shook things up and changed the mentality of this club forever. I've seen us buy some of the best footballers that money can buy with a manger that is just a class above everyone else in the Premiership. I've proudly watched us build what is going to be the best academy the country has to offer and at the same time redevelop East Manchester beyond recognition. I am currently watching us add a third tier to an already fantastic stadium with another to be added later.

I have seen the infrastructure and development around our stadium and the professionalism of our football club go from strength to strength beyond our wildest dreams. All of this has been achieved whilst the rest of the football world has looked on with an indifference to us that can only be put down to sheer envy and fear. From our own British media and the so called experts to the very top table at UEFA, every single one of them have been quick to put down Manchester City Football Club at every given opportunity. Moving goal posts, bringing in new rules, mocking our every move whilst turning a blind eye to similar actions of the other so called big clubs. It's been anything to stop us in our tracks. But it has failed and not for one second do I believe that we have come this far to not dine at the top table any longer.

Today's transfer dealings may seem a little difficult to fathom out for the majority of us but seriously does anyone really think there isn't a plan going on behind the scenes. Does anybody really believe we are back to being typical City and that we don't know what we are doing all of a sudden. Strap yourselves in, sit back and enjoy the ride. This club is in it for the long term, more trophies, more titles and yes even the odd dip here and there. What a great time to be a City supporter - I reckon the greatest time of all time in fact.

Beautifully said. Frame this!

Could be your best post to date Josh. Well done sir!

I am a big fan of Negredo but I don't think is necessarily the clubs decision, he probably wanted to go home and play regular football and who can blame him. We have three top strikers now which is too light in my opinion seeing as we play two up front, however why not have someone from the youth team as our fourth choice striker? They aren't going to play too often (Injuries permitting), I can't see any young player getting on at City if we don't give them a go.

He was in terrible form last year and had fallen down the pecking order and rightly so. On the basis he has a broken bone in his foot and is therefore not fit, his form and his desire, when exactly do you think he was going to get a game, and if he did, how effective he might be.

He was a great signing for us last year and the early games looked ever so promising, but shit happens and he lost form big style.

As for being confused, frustrated, underwhelmed, disappointed. FFS get a grip. We still have the best squad in town managed by the best management team. If that is not good enough for you - move on.

These financial restrictions have not helped and players pele may not have fancied at city before he arrived difficult to unload.

However the lost opportunity to bring in a world class goalkeeper to add to what is quite a good squad could be the position which costs city and pele dearly.

These mega rich owners should start to talk champions league winners when they dig deeper into there riches and bring real class to city

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.