Are we getting more popular abroad?

Definitely. Was just playing cod on ps4 and have MCFC in my clan tag and some yank was like hey manchester is gonna win the league and he told me how he hated 'those bastards man united' haha

Went to orlando two years ago and in the "united kingdom" land at epcot the shop sold far more city merchandise than any other club , progress I suppose as five years ago there was nothing at all !

Thaksinssoldier said:
I'm not surprised about the City gear popping up in Dublin, but what I am surprised about is lifestyle sports(our major chain) now gives us as much shelf space as the Rags. Considering 5 years ago you'd be lucky to find a home shirt, seeing polos, tracksuits and kids stuff marks a sea change!

Yeah there are. City tops in Laois now!

City & Blue Brazil said:
Went to orlando two years ago and in the "united kingdom" land at epcot the shop sold far more city merchandise than any other club , progress I suppose as five years ago there was nothing at all !

Sportsman's Shoppe
Sells football team apparel from Manchester United, Arsenal, Celtic, Manchester City and Liverpool Football Club, footballs, and books. This shop also sells Dr. Who, Downton Abbey, and Monty Python t-shirts and merchandise following the increasing popularity of the shows in the United States. The shop features a window display with small audio-animatronics representing members of a medieval castle.

Didn't sell any City shirts until about 4 years ago! That's progress ;)

I have just got back from Tuscany and not a jot of anything City. There was not even a mention of the Palace result on Sunday on their foreign round up on Sky. The only teams you could get any info on were Liverpool and Utd.

I was working over in County Tipp just after the take-over. Was in the ale house one evening to watch a City game against Hull. I didn't have any colours on. One of the older locals asked me where I was from. "Ahhhh....," he says, "...would you be Unoited or Town"? .... it made me realise the length our journey needed to be.

I am a Blue born and grown up in Cape Town, South Africa and now living in London. Both my dad and grandad are Mancs.

I am regularly accused of being a plastic glory-hunter by other fans when they hear I support City even though I saw City play at Maine Rd in the Championship and I've followed them since I was a lad. Really irks me.......especially coming from United or Chelsea fans.

Anyways, I can confirm that there is definitely increased support for City in South Africa. I wore my shirt out and often had fellow supporters come over to chat and share. Saw many more City shirts appearing in public over the last few years. Whether plastic or not, the increased interest and support has to be appreciated. After all, that's exactly what the Sheikh is pursuing with his business model (which I presume we all want to work??).

CTID

just come home from Thailand yesterday ( tues ) after being there for a month

went to bkk ,pattaya and up to udon thani, its still the same as it ever was ,rags,liverpool and chelsea in the main

have to say though,on Monday there were quite a lot of city shirts knocking about after what had happened on sunday,quite a few of the hotel staff were very complimentary about us,prince palace hotel ,near bo be and the train staion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.