Are we over rated?

Claytop said:
The most frustrating thing about this situation is that it's probably going to take another 70 to 100m this summer to sort out our defence and more strength in midfield.

We should be in a position where we maybe just need 1 top class player per season to integrate with the rest of the squad.

this :) its crazy to think about especially when there are no teams who will buy those average players with this wages

Normally at this stage you would ask just for one or max 2 replacement but when you see again you fill find you have to replace richards, one of clichy kolarov, lescott, demichelis, rodwell or garcia, upfront Dzeko

Over rated ? by whom? its only the media who had you winning the quadrouple, same media that have both chelsea and liverpool as champions. You have the best squad in the country, and a good chance at winning the double still, no guarantees in football but you have put yourself in a position to have a great season. I think in the future you need to improve defensively , you gave far too many goals away this season. Also you expect the manager is still learning about this league, in Spain you can get away with playing passengers like demichellis when you are at home against lower league teams, In england you cant. Long term future is great for city,guaranteed top 3 every season for years to come. Iimmediate future looks complicated with barca then trying to chase down a very efficient chelsea.

Zabaleta
Kompany
Yaya
Fernandinho
Kolarov
Nasri
Milner
Silva
Aguero
Negredo

Outside of that group I wouldn't care if we lost anyone, Navas is good when things are going good, Nasty was class last season and Jovetic is never fit. If we want to be up there with the Bayern's, the Real's, the Barca's we need a overhaul. As many as 6 players.

Beginning to think we overrated The Beast. Not too worried about his lack of goals - but he's not closing down, chasing lost causes and making the runs off the ball that he did to cement his place.

Ive just been looking at the squad on the webiste which reads as below, for me there are

Joe Hart - Good
Costel Pantilimon - Good enough backup
Richard Wright - Never needed, probbly best having a youth player as number 3
Aleksander Kolorov - Cant make my mind up, possibly good enough as a squad player but not 1st eleven
Dedryk Boyata - Time for him to go I think
Gael Clichy - See Kolorov but we only possibly need one as backup if we bring in a new full back, based on recent perfomances Id robably keep Kolorov
Joleon Lescott - Would be sad to see him go think hes a good squad player but getting on a bit and feel hes on his last legs
Martin Demichelis - Not good enough for me
Matija Nastasic - Will be good enough in time
Micah Richards - As per Lescott love the guy but feel it could be the end for him
Pablo Zabaleta - Good
Vincent Kompany - Good
Fernandinho - Good
Jack Rodwell - Not seen enough too many injuries
Javi Garcia - Not good enough for me
Jesus Navas - Good
Samir Nasri - Good
David Silva - Good
Gareth Barry - Liked Barry but think its time for him to move on
James Milner - Unsure, probably good enough as a squad player
Yaya Toure - Good
Sergio Aguero - Good
Stevan Jovetic - Think he will be good enough he stays injury free which is unlikely
Edin Dzeko - I like Dzeko but feel his time could be up, good enough as a squad player
Alvaro Negredo - Good but not been himself recently, I guess time will tell
John Guidetti - Would like to see him get a run out but get a feeling his time is up

So for me there is only 10 players there I would definitely keep who I think it would be hard to replace without spending massive money. I do think the squad is overrated I guess.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.