Are we turning into glory hunters?

Typical City was a slow spiral towards relegation littered with numerous failed come backs and disappointments. FA Cup giant killed every 2-3 seasons by the likes of Halifax

Now we're on the verge of 3 titles in 6 seasons - you couldn't possibly get a bigger contrast.

Have the fans changed? I would say nearly all the regulars are still going. Watch Cheesy's videos.

We've gone from 34,000 to 54,000 in 15 years but a lot of those are just blues who went every now and then, or they a children of City families Nephews, sons, and daughters. That's how you started. Your dad took you. That was me in the 1970s when we last had a decent team so I guess I am a glory hunter too.

City's league crowds are 80% season ticket holders because it's the only affordable way to watch football. In my experience those who go on about corporates and the club changing are actually the ones who have changed. They just grow old and have other stuff going on. Just get on with it, and stop criticising others.

Do we have changed expectations? Of course, but I bet that was the same in any era. It's people adjusting to changes in circumstances. Does it change them too. Possibly. That's materialism.

If you like City, and you are not from Manchester, that's means gloryhunter. Fans from another countries are 100% gloryhunters.
True fan is only from Manchester, and maybe visited Maine Road.

If you like City, and you are not from Manchester, that's means gloryhunter. Fans from another countries are 100% gloryhunters.
True fan is only from Manchester, and maybe visited Maine Road.
Bollocks. That is plainly untrue, and judging by your grasp of the English language I presume you are calling yourself a gloryhunter.

There are glory hunters from Manchester, and there are dyed in the wool City fans living on the opposite side of the world. Its about why (and when) you started supporting City and how much of your life resolves around the club rather than the postcode of where you live.

Honestly, you do need to get a grip though! You're either trolling or actually proving the question of this thread to be correct.

The loss at Anfield was no surprise. Our record there is poor and past matches have proved time and time again that that place is cursed for us. Oxlaide Chamberlain scored a screamer against us in January. 12 matches without a goal and then scores another one against us. Pep's smile when he scored from 35 yards was exactly like mine: "not again". Salah was marginally offside and Sane's disallowed goal should have at least been given the benefit of the doubt if Salah is going to get away with it. Neither goals fell in our favour. Although Liverpool played well, that's still pretty rotten luck.

The first half against United we played very well but should have been 4-0 up and the game should have been put to bed. City players clearly came out thinking the match had already been won and with one eye on Tuesday which is inexcusable. While Mourinho obviously tore into his players. Their first goal was a well worked goal to be honest, but the 2nd and 3rd were cheap. Not to mention, that penalty that never was even though everyone with a pair of eyeballs could see it quite clearly except the referee.

My point is, it's not as if we've played badly in both matches and the rub of the green has definitely gone against us in the last two matches.

As a final thought, as bad a week as some of making it out to be (perhaps by the standards set this season) - we'll almost certainly win the league by a large margin and we're not actually out of the Champions League yet. I've seen stranger things in football and by this football club to know that.
I see where you are coming from but the fact that a few decisions did not go our way can not disguise to extremely disappointing performances. Meltdown on Mersyside in the first half and no real fightback after the interval. Saturdays match was marked by a very poor second half which left a very bitter taste when combined with the previous Wednesday. Many of us are probably guilty of an over reaction to these setbacks and set against the great season we have enjoyed criticism of this view is probably warranted.

That lad crying after the game was pretty shameful all things considered. Its not as if he was a kid either.

I imagine he is pretty mortified in hindsight, but its given every football fan another stick to beat us with "he should try being a ______ fan, then he would have some real problems". All of which are right. We're the best team in the country by a distance and have had an incredible season.

I was too angry to be upset but each to their own.

That guy that was crying when we lost at Swansea in 2012 at least thought we had lost the league - I dont understand why the guy on Saturday was crying unless it was unrelated to the football.
Maybe he lost a lot of money after a big bet?

Bollocks. That is plainly untrue, and judging by your grasp of the English language I presume you are calling yourself a gloryhunter.

There are glory hunters from Manchester, and there are dyed in the wool City fans living on the opposite side of the world. Its about why (and when) you started supporting City and how much of your life resolves around the club rather than the postcode of where you live.
The number of gloryhanters shows the greatness of the club. Trophies and marketing policy attract a new audience. Brand Man City is international now.

glory hunters we are turning into glory hunters ????? never would i have said that about manchester city fans but losing a meaning less game vs united in there cup final we all have come glory hunters and asking questions. let me put you right manchester city are going to be champions and already have the league cup in the bag 13 points lead with 6 games to go and 3 homes game that will see us home and dry

this team pep is building is going to be great/special its so young and with time on ours hands to domerate football it does not need added pressure from so called fans wanting answers to why we let the derby slip. the premier league is a war and many battles are lost on the way but if at the end of the season you are standing on the platform collecting the trophy and medals you are the best and the rest means nothing

glory hunters are not welcome this is manchester city you turn up and never ask for glory. in the past 40 years fans turned up knowing we was shit and in the rain wind snow never stop us going to places like york city we loved the club and it defo was not for glory. so please take a minute to think about lost souls over them 40 years who kept this club going when it was on its knees and never once did they see glory and winning silverware. this is for them i post this you are the soul of this great club please forgive them (glory hunters)

I think we are slowly turning into the club we hate over the road in stretford.

You two can speak for yourselves, there are thousands on here, me included who have been going to City for 50 years and more, never have we been and never will we be, glory hunters, tarring us with the same brush as the scumbag rags is nothing short of a fuckin disgrace.. 95% of City fans wont fall into this category, the few that do are not City fans, just jobbing supporters with no fixed abode, every successful side has those clowns these days...!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.