Are we turning into glory hunters?

Meaningless game? Your head needs testing.

To be honest if we'd have won yesterday, bar the Spurs game you could class the remaining games as meaningless, as it's job done. Even then there are records to be broken and we may never get a chance to rewrite the history books like we have now. A derby at home to seal the Premier League will never ever in the history of the club be a meaningless game. It was a one off to savour, a JFK assassination, moon landing or Princess Di crash type moment to remember where you were when we hammered the vermin to walk the league. This was in no way a Shakhtar Donesk at home type game with nothing riding on it and shouldn't have been treated like that. The really sad thing is for the sake of starting Kev, Kun and Kyle We could all still be pissed up celebrating and going into Tuesday on a real high.

I don't think it's about being glory hunters. It's some cannot come to terms with losing, due to us setting the bar so high.
Am still gutted about yesterday, but don't think calling the manager/players/club shit etc signifies support of any sort.

To be honest if we'd have won yesterday, bar the Spurs game you could class the remaining games as meaningless, as it's job done. Even then there are records to be broken and we may never get a chance to rewrite the history books like we have now. A derby at home to seal the Premier League will never ever in the history of the club be a meaningless game. It was a one off to savour, a JFK assassination, moon landing or Princess Di crash type moment to remember where you were when we hammered the vermin to walk the league. This was in no way a Shakhtar Donesk at home type game with nothing riding on it and shouldn't have been treated like that. The really sad thing is for the sake of starting Kev, Kun and Kyle We could all still be pissed up celebrating and going into Tuesday on a real high.

Which is exactly the problem. Now pep has to pick up players who will be flat as a pancake. Added to the fact he had to bring them players on anyway that was my main problem. Even title aside a derby isn’t a meaningless game, it’s the complete opposite whatever the circumstances

Some need to get a grip although losing any derby is never great. The bigger picture is that it is uniteds cup final now, as we are the dominant team. Yesterday they spoilt the party but only delayed the inevitable....the shoe used to be on the other foot with us watching them go on to lift trophies

Remember when it was City just looking for a derby win for bragging rights - united used to call us ‘small time’

Roles reversed now eh red rats, the day belonged to them, the season is ours. Their celebrations yesterday made me howl with laughter, now they are the noisy neighbours

It was the most inconsequential derby I can remember. Only because the Liverpool game is far more important in the overall scheme of things. It's not like they've stopped us winning the league

Some of the shit I was reading on here last night was comical. Throughout the season, you always get your highs and lows. We’ve had it good all season, actually good is an understatement. This last week will be forgotten about when we lift the title next month.
No it won't mate, as we failed in the champions league yet again, and twice on the bounce had our arse handed to us by Klopp, then followed up with a loss 2 0 up to a team and manager we have been mocking all season

Some need to get a grip although losing any derby is never great. The bigger picture is that it is uniteds cup final now, as we are the dominant team. Yesterday they spoilt the party but only delayed the inevitable....the shoe used to be on the other foot with us watching them go on to lift trophies

Remember when it was City just looking for a derby win for bragging rights - united used to call us ‘small time’

Roles reversed now eh red rats, the day belonged to them, the season is ours. Their celebrations yesterday made me howl with laughter, now they are the noisy neighbours

I don’t believe for one second you howled, if you did you’re an absolute oddball. I see some have used this tactic to deflect from yesterday’s mess and the hurt. We all deal with it in different ways I suppose

I don’t believe for one second you howled, if you did you’re an absolute oddball. I see some have used this tactic to deflect from yesterday’s mess and the hurt. We all deal with it in different ways I suppose

Oddball ! Why. Yes it hurt losing but it quickly dawned on me mate that the bigger picture was us going on to win the league whilst that shit side lapped up their day of glory. Seeing them rejoice in a way they used to mock us - yes it made me laugh at them. Tactic, what a pathetic attempt to cover up the whining by many who need to grow a set balls

Maybe you cried and started whining with a lot of others on here then eh....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.