Argument re: United and their treatment of Munich survivors

Re: Arguement ref United and their treatment of Munich surviours

schfc6 said:
Wondering if anyone can help..

I have often been told by a staunch blue in his 70's that post the Munich air disaster United were guilty of removing perished player's families along with players who were not physically or mentally fit enough to carry on playing from their club owned housing.

Now I doubt any club would be guilty of such behaviour, but if any club could it would be them.

I am currently arguing with a rag that United are guilty of such disgusting behaviour and he's calling bullshit. Bare in mind this rag considers the campus to be bullshit, and what players has it produced, despite not even being open yet. He also things City turfed business and families out of their homes to build some sports pitches..He is a true bell end..

Now I don't and never would beat a rag with the Munich stick as it was a terrible and horrifying tragedy but their conduct post Munich I would certainly bring up.

I know their own fans vandalised the AIG poster commemorating the Munich disaster as their own fans were disgusted that United would use the tragedy as an opportunity to sell advertising space, again he denies this even though there are online reports and topics on Rag Cafe..

Does anyone have any evidence of this or is it just an old wives tale so to speak?

"online reports and topics on Red Cafe": you clearly have too much time on your hands. Can I make a really novel suggestion? Quit the obsession with "them"; quit the infantile tit-for-tat point scoring and concentrate on what every City fan should: here's a clue...it begins with C and ends with Y. And it plays at The Etihad.

bluwes said:
http://thepeoplesperson.com/the-munich-disaster-part-vii-2/

This blog talks about the book "The Lost Babes" which highlights the treatment survivors and relatives of the dead were treated

There's the tale of Albert Scanlon who was given free taxi rides by a Rag(?) taxi driver, and because MANUreFC thought they were paying for it, tried to put a stop to it!

I have read that book and recommend it to all City fans - if you read one book about The Swamp Donkeys, read this one!!

johnnytapia said:
schfc6 said:
Wondering if anyone can help..

I have often been told by a staunch blue in his 70's that post the Munich air disaster United were guilty of removing perished player's families along with players who were not physically or mentally fit enough to carry on playing from their club owned housing.

Now I doubt any club would be guilty of such behaviour, but if any club could it would be them.

I am currently arguing with a rag that United are guilty of such disgusting behaviour and he's calling bullshit. Bare in mind this rag considers the campus to be bullshit, and what players has it produced, despite not even being open yet. He also things City turfed business and families out of their homes to build some sports pitches..He is a true bell end..

Now I don't and never would beat a rag with the Munich stick as it was a terrible and horrifying tragedy but their conduct post Munich I would certainly bring up.

I know their own fans vandalised the AIG poster commemorating the Munich disaster as their own fans were disgusted that United would use the tragedy as an opportunity to sell advertising space, again he denies this even though there are online reports and topics on Rag Cafe..

Does anyone have any evidence of this or is it just an old wives tale so to speak?

"online reports and topics on Red Cafe": you clearly have too much time on your hands. Can I make a really novel suggestion? Quit the obsession with "them"; quit the infantile tit-for-tat point scoring and concentrate on what every City fan should: here's a clue...it begins with C and ends with Y. And it plays at The Etihad.
We just enjoy pointing out how much we fucking despise your club from time to time. It's called rivalry. Pointing out a few facts to your plastic fans is all in a days work.
So kindly take your suggestion and fuck off back to rag cafe with the rest of the inbred cunts.

johnnytapia said:

The fact is that most rags, very probably including yourself, know absolutely nothing about the appalling treatment of the Munich survivors and families because it's been carefully airbrushed out of mainstream media accounts (as well of course as official club histories) while your disgusting club has been milking the tragedy for commercial gain ever since.

If you're talking obsession what about the clock banner your club approved to hang from the Stretford End for many years? Or the infantile nursery rhymes you lot sing about City? All of this obsessive shit went on even when the rags were winning everything and City was playing in the 3rd level of English football. City weren't even remotely a rival of the rags at that time and yet you lot still did it. Now that's what I call obsessed.

Oh by the way, have you ever heard of John Henry Davies and James W. Gibson? Because I've yet to meet a rag who has.

I used to live next door to Roger Byrne's mum and dad on Errwood Road in Burnage. They were a pair of tossers and there was always a bit more 'tension' around derby week. As far as I know, he didn't go to any matches at OT despite being a big rag.

I wasn't aware (didn't care) whether they owned the house or not. What I do remember was that they had a big argument with the rags over Roger's son becoming a ball-boy at the swamp. The red bastards said that he would have to join a waiting list.

As far as I know, he never got to be a ball boy. Bunch of uncaring bastards.

laserblue said:
It's well documented. Roger Byrne's family continued to live in their club house at a peppercorn rent but the badly injured Johnny Berry and Jackie Blanchflower (neither of whom played again) were evicted from club houses and Berry was fired by letter. Albert Scanlon was badly affected by the disaster and played on for a while before being transferred to Newcastle. Busby told him to get in touch if he ever fell on hard times but when he did and tried to speak to him Busby blanked him. Ray Wood's wife also complained about the bad treatment he received post-Munich.

I'll try to dig out a link and post it later.

Edit: I see bluwes has already posted a link.

Let's not forget too what happened with the 40th anniversary benefit match for the families in 1998. Cantona got some of his mates to play but claimed, and received, £90,000 in 'expenses'. Aside from the tight arsed claim from multi-millionaire Cantona you'd think that a club as rich as the rags would cough up out of their own funds but no, they paid Cantona's claim out of the benefit money meant for the families. The rags have done some mean spirited and shithouse things over the years but for sheer c*ntishness this takes some beating.

Forgot about that last bit, despicable.
I would love to ram a can of kronenberg down his arrogant self absorbed throat, utter shitbag.

johnnytapia said:

So says a rag on a City forum................

Fucking idiot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.