ARIS fans

interpaul said:
Hello guys. I am a Greek City fan. A few days ago at the first match in Salonika, it was the first time i've been with the city fans and i'm looking forward to coming to Manchester for a home game.
As i have access to the greek media, i want to inform you about few things.
Today, there is a newspaper which whole frontpage refers to yesterdays game and doesn't even mention the game score. Or the scorer. Nothing. I am serious about that. All that matters is the Aris' fans. We are talking about a football match. Am i wrong? No mention to the hospitality or the football team. No mention to the club and its history before the tie only to the new wealthy owners.
Aris was the outsider and there was no chance of getting through, so the only way someone would remember Aris in three or four years, is them coming in thousands and screaming for 90 min. In the pitch, they hardly made a goal chance in 180 minutes.
My opinion, Aris is a mediocre Greek club with typical greek fans. Passionate and loud. They came to Manchester just to advertise themselves as their football team sucks.
All we need is to get stronger and we' ll have the chance through regular european football to see much more bigger clubs, in and out the pitch. Aris will
be forgotten soon as he didn't play any real football...

Welcome Paul

Your countrymen were fantastic supporters, but we could never do that style of support in England because for us the focus is the football - what is going on on the pitch - the Aris were only really interested in singing and having a party, which mirrors your point about the newspaper. (probably the same reason we dont do any good at Eurovision these days)

Nothing wrong with it, just a different approach and they really made last night an occasion. I took my 6 year old daughter last night and was sat 10 seats from Aris and never felt remotely threatened.

PowderBlue said:
Your countrymen were fantastic supporters, but we could never do that style of support in England because for us the focus is the football - what is going on on the pitch - the Aris were only really interested in singing and having a party, which mirrors your point about the newspaper. (probably the same reason we dont do any good at Eurovision these days)

Nothing wrong with it, just a different approach and they really made last night an occasion. I took my 6 year old daughter last night and was sat 10 seats from Aris and never felt remotely threatened.
...and because there was a lot of talk about what you call a poznan, here's an example.

Aris has a strong history on basketball also (I know, you don't know this, it's also a team sport :-P). FIBA (e.g. UEFA for basketball) interviewed Mike D'Antoni about his memories from the Eurpean Final Fours he played. Mike D'Antoni is a very respected man, one of the best players to play in Europe ever, played 12 years for Olympia Milano, one of the very top clubs of that times, won 2 european championships and noumerous Italian titles, and is then a very succesful coach, coach of the year in NBA 2005 and the last 3 years coaching New York Knicks, NBA's most expensive team.
What he recalls from the first final four of European basketball, in 1998 Gand, Belgium, his first european champion title (Milano beat us in semifinal previous day :-( ... I was there :-)
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.euroleague.net/history/50-years/the-archive/i/16112/1609/gand-1988?lang=en&itemid=-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.euroleague.net/history/50-ye ... &itemid=-1</a>
Question: What happened in the title game?

Answer: "I hate to say it, but probably the biggest memory I have of the final against Maccabi was the 5,000 or 6,000 Greeks who went to Belgium. Aris didn't make the final, but they came and all 6,000 of them turned their backs to the court and sang for two hours without watching the game. They weren't complaining about the officiating in the semifinals or anything, if I remember right. They just wanted to show they didn't care who won if it wasn't their team."

I remember the "poznan" was very common since 1982 (at least that is when I started attending :-)

hello from Thessaloniki i was in Manchester yesterday, thanks for your nice comments about us, soon i will post the official video of super3 fans.

μαλακα πολ βγαλε το κομπλεξ σου αγορι μου και παρε ματι τα αγγλακια που παραμιλανε

Thought they were amazing, good to see the words to the songs aswell, gives it abit more meaning. They were a credit to their club & nice to see the Aris lads posting on here. The scarf swapping at the end was a nice touch. I do enjoy the European nights, hopefully lots more to come in the future.

interpaul said:
Hello guys. I am a Greek City fan. A few days ago at the first match in Salonika, it was the first time i've been with the city fans and i'm looking forward to coming to Manchester for a home game.
As i have access to the greek media, i want to inform you about few things.
Today, there is a newspaper which whole frontpage refers to yesterdays game and doesn't even mention the game score. Or the scorer. Nothing. I am serious about that. All that matters is the Aris' fans. We are talking about a football match. Am i wrong? No mention to the hospitality or the football team. No mention to the club and its history before the tie only to the new wealthy owners.
Aris was the outsider and there was no chance of getting through, so the only way someone would remember Aris in three or four years, is them coming in thousands and screaming for 90 min. In the pitch, they hardly made a goal chance in 180 minutes.
My opinion, Aris is a mediocre Greek club with typical greek fans. Passionate and loud. They came to Manchester just to advertise themselves as their football team sucks.
All we need is to get stronger and we' ll have the chance through regular european football to see much more bigger clubs, in and out the pitch. Aris will
be forgotten soon as he didn't play any real football...

haha! really!?
what you sould be expect from a team with budget almost 6 million euros against one team with budget about 360 million pounds?

and really Aris didnt play any real football?
well, tell me my Greek "friend" one other Greek team that beat the UEFA Cup and Super Cup holder twice? once in and once away of his home?
what? i cant hear you..

p.s. and please tell us (if you are not shy) whats your Greek favorite team?
just for the History..

@interpaul

i`m really trying to calm my nerves down. OK ??

What you've seen last night in City's Ground was EPIC.
Was beyond what your little mind can understand and FEEL.

Do you know why ??? BECAUSE aek fans, when their team
loses, they turn their back to their players. WE WILL NEVER
turn our back at our players no matter how much they hurt
us.

WE ARE at the ground to SUPPORT and PUSH THEM TO VICTORY.
We do not win every game but at least we're not traitors to OUR
TEAM.

On the other hand, City's fans RESPECTED our support. They want
US back there. I don't think that AEK fans will ever attend any
game like that and support their team at THAT level. I will even bet
on that.

WE DON'T CARE FOR THE RESULT.

Also, there is NO such thing as "Greek City Fan".

Greeks support Greek Clubs. British people support British Clubs.
As simple, as that.

now PLEASE, go back to your little hole and feel sorry for yourself.
Feel sorry for your miserable life down there at Athens where no-one
gives a dime about aek fans.

Don't pollute this brilliant thread with rubbish.

ARIS FAMILIA SUPER-3
THE FANS IN THE STANDS....IS YOUR ONLY CHANCE!!

glad you like our atmosphere..i wished uefa let us to make a pyro show but they dont...
the greek fan of man city dont know nothing ARIS is one of the top clubs in greece...

a video with our rival paok..
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqiOAIIZHBw&feature=related[/youtube]

ARIS_GHETTO said:
glad you like our atmosphere..i wished uefa let us to make a pyro show but they dont...
the greek fan of man city dont know nothing ARIS is one of the top clubs in greece...

a video with our rival paok..
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqiOAIIZHBw&feature=related[/youtube]

This is fantastic!

I really do wish we could create something like this.

Your brilliant fans deserve to be at the top of the Greek league. Good luck for the futute.

You will not be forgotten in Manchester!

I insist. if you should see just one video from Aris, you should see this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYGud0VUjoo[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.