Armed Forces MCFC

6 years as Royal Marine leaving in "85" I for one wont be chanting "Argentina" if we get Tevez like the scum at the swamp did!

Just a story about me dad 84 year old blue....he served in the royal marines during ww2 and last month i went with him back to the normandy beaches for the 65th anniversary of the d-day landings he was on juno beach with 48 commando,his was the first time he had left britain since the end of the war.

The thing that struck me whilst there was the respect everyone of those 800 veterans that made the trip back after 65 years recieved from the french,british and american tourists,and the regular army,navy,raf and marines that were in attendance.

We met prince charles,gordon brown and the french prime minister but the thing that sticks in my mind the most is the comaradarie amongst the old boys it`s something i shall never forget,to hear some of their stories from one old para who dropped on to pegasus bridge and helped capture the first building in france to be freed to one old boy who was supposed to land on gold beach but got swept down the coast onto bloody omaha beach and many more stories like it.....and then you remember they were aged about 19 and 20 at the time as you walk along the rows and rows of graves.

Before this trip i never reall gave the armed forces a second thought,but i do now

To anyone serving in the armed forces ......I SALUTE YOU

ps.....Has a reward for what he done on d-day me dad got sent to burma a few weeks later to fight the japs....lucky for me he survived and went on to father four more blues which in turn produced lots and lots of junior blues.....cheers dad

was inthe forces, to be honest, made games when possible, but to try and blag just to get to a game.... no chance your life wouldnt be worth living,, OH SOP THE WAR COZ IM GOING TO WATCH CITY..... yeah llike that would go down well ....

bluevengence said:
Just a story about me dad 84 year old blue....he served in the royal marines during ww2 and last month i went with him back to the normandy beaches for the 65th anniversary of the d-day landings he was on juno beach with 48 commando,his was the first time he had left britain since the end of the war.

The thing that struck me whilst there was the respect everyone of those 800 veterans that made the trip back after 65 years recieved from the french,british and american tourists,and the regular army,navy,raf and marines that were in attendance.

We met prince charles,gordon brown and the french prime minister but the thing that sticks in my mind the most is the comaradarie amongst the old boys it`s something i shall never forget,to hear some of their stories from one old para who dropped on to pegasus bridge and helped capture the first building in france to be freed to one old boy who was supposed to land on gold beach but got swept down the coast onto bloody omaha beach and many more stories like it.....and then you remember they were aged about 19 and 20 at the time as you walk along the rows and rows of graves.

Before this trip i never reall gave the armed forces a second thought,but i do now

To anyone serving in the armed forces ......I SALUTE YOU

ps.....Has a reward for what he done on d-day me dad got sent to burma a few weeks later to fight the japs....lucky for me he survived and went on to father four more blues which in turn produced lots and lots of junior blues.....cheers dad
its guys like this that make us all proud to be BRITISH AND BLUES.... i salute them all

Newlunar said:
I don't know if I've mentioned it before but I did 5 and a half years in the RN as a radar operator. I now work in a launderette watching the washing go round and round. Never lost a garment under my command yet.

keep up the good work sir, at ease...

got out having completed 9 years in the raf regiment, currently live in aberdeen with the missus but we are moving to moston in august, and ive finally got my season ticket for 117 row b, so i look forward to meeting anyone for a few sherbets in mary d's or shambles.

Some Great Stories .I was in the RN from 1969 - 1977 bollocks to the Falklands .i was in the thick of it in the Cod War . next time you have your Fish & Chips you can think of the Cod War Vetrans .Wonder why we never got a Medal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.