Arsenal 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard Wenger on the radio and it struck me that in all the time he has managed here his accent remains unchanged. Whereas Schteve McLaren was fluent in Anglo-Dutch in about a fortnight
He probably talks like the lads off Arsenal fan TV when he's off-camera, get me fam?

"Retirement is dying." Fuck Arsene! My old man retired after 45 years and just picked up the old tennis racket again. It's not like your being asked to manage in Detroit.

I do understand their frustration, they are paying the highest prices in England for tickets and consistently bottling every chance they get. But they aren't a bad team by any description. Arsenal Fan TV has made them all look idiots, always either the best team ever or worse than a Sunday league team. They're only setting themselves up for a fall, what happens when Wenger's gone and they finish 7th? do they sack that guy straight away as well? They've set the club up for profit so they're not gonna give a top coach loads of money to make them a title winning team so I doubt they'd attract a Simeone, more likely a Laurent Blanc. It'll be great to see them implode though when Wenger signs his new contract.
Under the Glazers, the rags took the approach of spending as little as possible to remain in the top 4 and get through to the last 16 of the CL but then us and Spurs came along and Baconface left. Noe they're spending big trying (& failing) to get back there. It's like chasing gambling losses.

Arsenal have adopted the same approach of doing just enough to stay relevant but it's looking like it's finally going to fail this season. So what do they do this summer when the prospect of being something like £60m down starts to bite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.