Arsenal 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Claude; he's a cranky old fucker. He reminds me of me!

Claude may be cranky but he speaks quite a lot of sense. If they lose clearly to Chelsea, there’ll be a few waking up to their plight, especially if the other big teams win again as well.

I like Claude; he's a cranky old fucker. He reminds me of me!

Ha ha I like him that was brilliant! Real passion and a lot of truth. I love their pain, all of them after years of these and the other old top four tonking us year after year. The new order is in town now and you can sing and whine all you want about money and history and class, we don't give a fuck, we will just carry on giving you a football lesson and picking up trophies.

I thought they did really well against the best Prem team ever & have a lot to work with provided they don't get dispirited by it.

That kid in centre mid was fucking immense (awful mistakes and all) & with a keeper who can pass, some more signings, I think they have something to build on.

Was always going to be a tall order against you guys, without beating about the bush, you are way too good for us at the moment. It's going to take time (& a fair turnover of players) to get them to play the way Emery wants.

I think it's apparent we lack pace & power in key areas still. We've not got full backs like Walker & Mendy that bomb on like that, we've not got tricky skillful wingers like Sterling & Sane. I think that's why Liverpool match up quite well to yourselves, they have pace & power to at least compete with you guys.

My main wish for us is that Emery starts from a fresh slate with the players, & has no fear to replace the big names if they aren't providing what he wants. Don't be scared to play Guendouzi or Maitland-Niles in the midfield instead of Xhaka or Ramsey if it's justified. Don't be scared to drop Ozil if he doesn't fit into the system. It's better than the status quo.

Was always going to be a tall order against you guys, without beating about the bush, you are way too good for us at the moment. It's going to take time (& a fair turnover of players) to get them to play the way Emery wants.

I think it's apparent we lack pace & power in key areas still. We've not got full backs like Walker & Mendy that bomb on like that, we've not got tricky skillful wingers like Sterling & Sane. I think that's why Liverpool match up quite well to yourselves, they have pace & power to at least compete with you guys.

My main wish for us is that Emery starts from a fresh slate with the players, & has no fear to replace the big names if they aren't providing what he wants. Don't be scared to play Guendouzi or Maitland-Niles in the midfield instead of Xhaka or Ramsey if it's justified. Don't be scared to drop Ozil if he doesn't fit into the system. It's better than the status quo.

As they said on Sty post-match yesterday, it took Pep three windows to get the personnel in so that the team could play in the style he wants. There were just too many positions that needed upgrading to bring them all in during one or even two transfer windows. The prime example of that being the full-backs, who were all too slow to be effective in pep’s system.

Emery has to be given time and at least two more windows to bring in the players he wants to implement his style of play. You Gunners will have to be patient.

As they said on Sty post-match yesterday, it took Pep three windows to get the personnel in so that the team could play in the style he wants. There were just too many positions that needed upgrading to bring them all in during one or even two transfer windows. The prime example of that being the full-backs, who were all too slow to be effective in pep’s system.

Emery has to be given time and at least two more windows to bring in the players he wants to implement his style of play. You Gunners will have to be patient.

Im willing to be patient, I just hope the rest of the fan base is. Your full backs example is a great example actually. Yesterday we were trying to play a pressing system, with wide men who aren't the quickest and certainly don't like running back the way, & a central midfield that lack discipline and are positionaly all over the shop. Torriera will help with that, but it's obvious we need much more.

We certainly won't play the calibre of you guys every week, so I just hope we can be more competitive against the likes of Spurs, Chelsea & Utd & more solid & consistent away from home vs the lesser teams.

Im willing to be patient, I just hope the rest of the fan base is. Your full backs example is a great example actually. Yesterday we were trying to play a pressing system, with wide men who aren't the quickest and certainly don't like running back the way, & a central midfield that lack discipline and are positionaly all over the shop. Torriera will help with that, but it's obvious we need much more.

We certainly won't play the calibre of you guys every week, so I just hope we can be more competitive against the likes of Spurs, Chelsea & Utd & more solid & consistent away from home vs the lesser teams.
Think you'll look much better once Monreal is fit and Torreira has settled in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.