Arsenal 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valid points from Claude on AFTV. I struggled to understand both team selection and disjointed tactics. However, having said that, I doubt with the exception possibly of Liverpool, that any team in the Premiership can get near you guys and I think you'll get 100 points again. Who will stop you?
The Title is a one horse race. I'd give you the trophy now, no one else can win it and the campaign will be a bore fest with only the relegation spots and top 4 (excluding first spot already practically won) showing any possible signs of a tight race.

Sky and BT will have their work cut out trying to sell this seasons fare as entertainment.

Bah!

I don’t remember you guys talking about boredom when you were all but guaranteed a top 2 finish

City won’t get 100 points again, the margins are too fine

Re Arsenal - Emery is a decent enough manger but he has a big problem. Your 4 ‘best’ players Abemayang, Lacazette, Ozil and Mikitaryen cannot play in the same team. They don’t do enough

With a fair wind and United and Spurs underachieving I can see Arsenal getting 4th but I’d say it’s unlikely

I don’t remember you guys talking about boredom when you were all but guaranteed a top 2 finish

City won’t get 100 points again, the margins are too fine

Re Arsenal - Emery is a decent enough manger but he has a big problem. Your 4 ‘best’ players Abemayang, Lacazette, Ozil and Mikitaryen cannot play in the same team. They don’t do enough

With a fair wind and United and Spurs underachieving I can see Arsenal getting 4th but I’d say it’s unlikely

Good summation Heff. Squad too imbalanced still, & still needs addressed. Think giving Ozil that contract will prove to be a mistake, it's put a massive strain on our wage budget & Emery's ability to re jig the squad in the future, & to be honest we are struggling to find a place for him in our team that gets the best out of him. More poor contract management & smacks of trying to save face a bit after the Sanchez fiasco. Throw Ramsey into that equation & it becomes even more difficult to balance the team.

I'm hoping rather than expecting that we can sneak into 4th this season. The extra CL money on top of the new sponsorship deals might allow us to accelerate a wee bit the changes that need to happen. Otherwise with a restricted budget it's going to be a slow process.

Good summation Heff. Squad too imbalanced still, & still needs addressed. Think giving Ozil that contract will prove to be a mistake, it's put a massive strain on our wage budget & Emery's ability to re jig the squad in the future, & to be honest we are struggling to find a place for him in our team that gets the best out of him. More poor contract management & smacks of trying to save face a bit after the Sanchez fiasco. Throw Ramsey into that equation & it becomes even more difficult to balance the team.

I'm hoping rather than expecting that we can sneak into 4th this season. The extra CL money on top of the new sponsorship deals might allow us to accelerate a wee bit the changes that need to happen. Otherwise with a restricted budget it's going to be a slow process.
It would be very funny to see spurs and their deluded fans watching Europa in that new stadium next season. I'd still prefer it to be the dippers or rags, but only just.

On top of the above, the likes of Aubameyang, Mhkitaryan, Koscielny, Ramsey, Özil (all key players) are closing up on the stage where you'll need to replace them and all are key players with little or no resale value. Leno in for Cech is a good start but without external investment it's going to be a very slow process with next to no leeway for mistakes.

Arsenal would have been far better off if Usmanov had won the battle of wills with Kroenke.

I think Arsenal are poor just now and the culture at the club is largely to blame - players like Ozil going through the motions but earning top dollar. Arsenal need more hunger and more fight. This is gonna be a tough season for them and I can honestly see the likes of Everton finishing above them and Wolves running them close Arsenal have a big rebuilding job and it’s not just about changing players - it’s culture and philosophy

Do you mind me asking what are Arsenal fans expecting out of Lacazette this season? I'm curious considering from what afar appears to be his current standing in the squad.

Also, what are the feelings for the Chelsea game? Maybe not where you've been but most people I know are already writing you off for that one, which I find odd. I watched your friendly with them and after the first 20 minutes or so it seemed an even game. Plus you've had a practice run against us; on paper Chelsea should be a weaker, more exploitable version of that surely?

Sorry mate, didn't see your post.

Lacazette is a difficult one. I think most Arsenal fans at this present moment would like to see Aubameyang & Lacazette in the same team. Whenever they've played together they've linked up well, Aubameyang starts from the left with Lacazette more central. They seem to have a genuine connection on & off the park, & Aubameyang has came out & said this week he would happily play out wide if it meant Lacazette starting. I think even against you guys we at least looked a bit more threatening when both were on the pitch.

As for the Chelsea game, i can't say i'm ever really confident with Arsenal going away to a top 6 rival, but we've certainly nothing to fear. Hopefully Torriera gets a start & we can do ourselves justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.