Arsenal (A) | Community Shield | Post-match Thread

The club should have perhaps made it clear to the ST holders/SC and anyone else that wanted to sing then blocks A/B/C/D (for example- I know that are numbered but can’t remember them) would be designated singing sections. Had they got 3/4000 together in the same place then it would have worked better and also anyone not wanting that could have avoided it.

I heard from someone in the know that we sold less than 2000 to ST holders. How true that is I don’t know.
Six of us went and we're all seasoncard holders.
We didn't believe in the boycott but knew quite a few regulars that were joining it, and was surprised when we sold out.
I go to most away games and I hardly spotted a familiar face all day.
We sat in the cheap seats in block 544, and tried to get a song or 2 going, but people obviously didn't know the songs and were too busy taking selfies anyway, even when the game was on.
Most people near us were not speaking English and there were lots of kids.
Not great having to listen to the arsenal fans mocking us, a fan base I've never thought much of.
At least we filled our end of the ground.
We lost the match, but our fans certainly never lost their voices.
It was a friendly, I'm sure we'll get things back to normal when the real deal starts.
Burnley here we come!

Six of us went and we're all seasoncard holders.
We didn't believe in the boycott but knew quite a few regulars that were joining it, and was surprised when we sold out.
I go to most away games and I hardly spotted a familiar face all day.
We sat in the cheap seats in block 544, and tried to get a song or 2 going, but people obviously didn't know the songs and were too busy taking selfies anyway, even when the game was on.
Most people near us were not speaking English and there were lots of kids.
Not great having to listen to the arsenal fans mocking us, a fan base I've never thought much of.
At least we filled our end of the ground.
We lost the match, but our fans certainly never lost their voices.
It was a friendly, I'm sure we'll get things back to normal when the real deal starts.
Burnley here we come!
My son and I went, season ticket holders, and agree it was the quietest atmosphere we’ve experienced. We met a family after the game from Guildford, dad supported u*d but his young boys were blues and his wife was along for the day out. The older boy loved it and was in awe of us going to the FA cup final (dad didn’t want to talk about that), and Istanbul. Not going to get any songs going with a families like these just yet but the future is definitely blue!!

City podcast / blogger here claiming thousands of Arsenal fans in our end. Just like they claimed. City’s policy of lets give anyone a ticket and let them buy up to 4 tickets was simply to not lose out to fan power and to suppress the boycott. What the club should have done was take on the fans wishes of a 3pm start and stand up for the fans against the FA and ITV

City’s sales policy could have resulted in serious crowd disorder... thankfully it didn’t

If we have so many new fans desperate to go just make it one ticket per person

Making it four per person was the club’s answer to the boycott. It’s sweeping the problem under the carpet

Yeah, let's prioritise local businesses over folk who can't afford to put food on the table.

Fuck me.

I didn’t say prioritise anything but as you say you sound as though you need a jolly good one.

City podcast / blogger here claiming thousands of Arsenal fans in our end. Just like they claimed. City’s policy of lets give anyone a ticket and let them buy up to 4 tickets was simply to not lose out to fan power and to suppress the boycott. What the club should have done was take on the fans wishes of a 3pm start and stand up for the fans against the FA and ITV

City’s sales policy could have resulted in serious crowd disorder... thankfully it didn’t

If we have so many new fans desperate to go just make it one ticket per person

Making it four per person was the club’s answer to the boycott. It’s sweeping the problem under the carpet

It wasn’t an answer to the boycott. City have made the criteria for numerous Wembley games more than one ticket per member.

There’d be riots on here if a League Cup Final or an FA Cup Semi didn’t sell out whilst tickets remained restricted to one each.

I am amazed this is still getting so many people riled up.

This was a pre-season warm up game, held miles away from the match going fan base, who didn't want to go anyway.

Would you be getting this upset if the large, mainly City shirt wearing, crowd in Somewhereville, Tennessee didn't know all the words to 'Johnny, Johnny Stones'? Would that be a precursor to an impending loss of atmosphere at the Etihad for a derby, or an FA Cup QF against the dippers, or a Champions League SF against Barcelona? I think the answer to both questions is pretty obvious.

There must be loads more things to worry about than this.

The arsenal fans are extremely annoying. They’re calling a meaningless competition which they had no right to be in and won by penalties via a last minute bs deflection “overcoming the hurdle” against us? The fact we kept them at bay with their strongest XI bar Jesus with our players who are no where near up to the fitness levels yet is a big positive for us and actually is kinda disappointing from arsenal who had a decent spell in the 1st half but were nothing special 2nd half.
We beat Barcelona with a Martin Petrov goal years ago in some meaningless friendly at the Nou Camp. They shat themselves every time we played them after that for years.

Honest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.