Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

My worry is why can’t we find Haarland more often when he makes his runs!!He gives us many options.. going long , going short, why is KDB the only one who sees it

we look bang average without rodri, but ultimately it's self inflicted when you consider what he got sent off for.

The past three results (baring midweek) will just annoy pep more when it could've been prevented.

The bigger problem is if rodri was to get injured long term, not sure we would cope

Id love to know what you think we could have done to "force" Phillips to stay. The lad has a contract, we both signed it knowing the consequences.

Gundo can say whatever he wants after the fact, he wanted to go to Barca, his wife wanted to go to Barca. It wasn't happening end of.

As for Rodri, he shot himself in the foot by getting a stupid red. Hardly something Pep could have foreseen.
When i say we allowed him to stay, i mean more so we allowed him to stay without thinking it still might not work. He wanted to stay, Pep made it pretty clear we suggested it would be better he left but fair fucks he wanted to give it a crack. I think him staying probably would've been fine if Gundo stayed, but he didn't and we are where we are now.

Ok, Gundo is lying and you know better...

Agreed on Rodri, but that's the point. He could have had a similar injury to KDB in the first game of the season, you never know and thats the point. We went into the season knowing KP probably won't make it (Pep generally doesn't give in on a player after a season) and we knew for sure Rodri couldn't play 50-60 games again.

I'm not hurt by the performance because the players and Pep will know it wasn't acceptable in a big game but the COVERAGE from sky sports is absolutely disgusting. Already got videos on showing Haaland getting pushed off the ball by Saliba. How they can now go and win the league literally 4 days after getting beat off Lens? I honestly don't get fully annoyed at games and when we lose, I just think back to everything amazing we've done and how good we still are but how that coverage is supposed to be unbiased and it obviously is just weird. Anyway, there's my vent done from yesterday.

I m ust admit i feared the worst for this game after our two previous poor showings in the league and would happily taken a draw yesterday.
Given the players we had we were doing ok, then Pep made a triple sub which, in my head, was crazy at that stage of the match. Our shape and rhythm was destroyed and players were all over the shop.

I'm not hurt by the performance because the players and Pep will know it wasn't acceptable in a big game but the COVERAGE from sky sports is absolutely disgusting. Already got videos on showing Haaland getting pushed off the ball by Saliba. How they can now go and win the league literally 4 days after getting beat off Lens? I honestly don't get fully annoyed at games and when we lose, I just think back to everything amazing we've done and how good we still are but how that coverage is supposed to be unbiased and it obviously is just weird. Anyway, there's my vent done from yesterday.

This is actually something I'm really happy about. We could have had more accurate reports about a below-par City missing Rodri and De Bruyne and having Stones, Bernardo and Grealish recovering from injuries. Instead it's been about Arsenal getting the monkey off their back and showing they can go and win the title. It's been about how they did so without Saka and thanks to Mikel's three substitutes combining. How Rice had a fantastic game.

It's exactly like last season - early excitement over Arsenal's prospects and a collective dismissal of City.

We're 2 points behind them because, unlike last season, they've still dropped points in other games. Our start has been about what I expected, and losing to them hasn't really made much difference to us because of their draw with Fulham and Spurs - both at home.

A long way to go yet, and time for the likes of Nunes and Kovacic to step up.

When you think of the key players in our treble success you think of Stones stepping up from CB, Rodri running the game and then the brilliance of De Bruyne driving us forwards. All three were missing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.