Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

Ifs, buts and maybes.
You shoot then you have the chance of a lucky deflection!
As for Oliver, Kovacic could have got a straight red and the 2nd was 100% yellow card.
In hindsight it might have been better if he went, we might have woken up from the slumber.
I thought the exact same myself;)

Difficult to see where the goals are going to come from at present. Haaland looks a million miles away from bagging, nobody searches for him, how fucking difficult can it be?
The midfield aren't chipping in with nowhere near enough goals, 1 in 3 from Alvarez isn't enough, Doku might get the odd goal if he starts, Foden the same. But that's where it ends and we have to sign a creative attacking midfielder next summer to try and thread the ball through for Erling

Issue for me, and as great as Rodri is, him being out for 3 games should not have such a dramatic effect on the players selected.

The problem yesterday (for me) was the players up the business end of the field looked bereft of any ideas going forwards...Haaland cut a lonely isolated striker because no one had the ability to play him through or even attempt to

Will Haaland only play and score well if it is only Kev supplying the assists?

Those selected yesterday need to step up because players such as foden have that ability to do it but they are falling short and not even attempting to open and create supply lines for Haaland and that was glaringly obvious yesterday

I dont think it will play a huge part on our season, we will still be there or therabouts...but the players that we know can do more need to show it when called upon

Difficult to see where the goals are going to come from at present. Haaland looks a million miles away from bagging, nobody searches for him, how fucking difficult can it be?
The midfield aren't chipping in with nowhere near enough goals, 1 in 3 from Alvarez isn't enough, Doku might get the odd goal if he starts, Foden the same. But that's where it ends and we have to sign a creative attacking midfielder next summer to try and thread the ball through for Erling
I always thought Bernado was a creative midfielder

We were crying out for a creative midfielder before the season began and I saw so so many posts on here saying we have enough with McAtee and Bobb etc... laughable. (PS. I think Bobb will be amazing in 1 or 2 years time)

We will be fine though... I think we probably tried to sign someone and just couldn't get it over the line. Rodri is back next game and Bernardo should play his normal position. I couldn't understand why play him DM when Kova is there who offers nothing going forward.

We will still win this league :)

My worry is why can’t we find Haarland more often when he makes his runs!!He gives us many options.. going long , going short, why is KDB the only one who sees it
Because real football, particularly the one we play is not FIFA 20xx. One in ten passes might go through, which means we should be bombing balls to him for all 90 minutes in order to get him 2-3 run behinds. It is just not how Pep sets us o play. And as evolution goes, PL managers are also evolving in finding different ways to get him out of game.

Not a fact though is it? He made it clear in an interview recently that City waited too long.
Its a fact. Sat and watched the game with someone who would know last night.
I was told at the chelsea game when we got the prem trophy, by the same bloke, that an offer was on the table but his heart was set on barca.

Thanks for the measured reply, too many jump on you from a great height when u dare to speak out and question!

I know its early days and i had to check myself when typing because i KNOW it can take time for players.

Doku looks eager , looks very raw, im confident pep can coach his rawness out of him and we will have a player.
I just didnt seen the point in nunes, and kovacic, well lets be honest.. who thought he was a wow signing? For the price he is ok. Thats it.

An injury like KDBs can mean a loss of ‘something’ and age is against him. Hes such a unique player i hope he can change hos way of playing and get those 2 more years out of him.

Lets have it right, there is a reason why hardly anyone wins 3 in a row. A reason why no body has done 4. A reason why only a relatively small handful of clubs have won the european cup. Because its bloody difficult!!

So we were always going to have a down season and i think this will be it. Be happy with the fa cup this year and top 4 because our squad is seriously weaker than last season

I thought when we had the January last season and were far back in the league that it would be the transition season bedding in the likes of Haaland and Alverez plus moving back to a system of playing with a recognised forward. It ended up in a season to end all seasons.

However with the personnel we have lost due to being sold or out long term injuries maybe this one will be it. The likes of Doku and Nunes will have to get used to playing in our system. It took Mahrez and Grealish more than 12 months for the penny to drop. You look at our lineup though minus Gundo, Mahrez and De Bruyne they are still a lot better than what we have as competition in the premier league. Pep will tweak something an search for a balance that works after the international break. I imagine he is well pissed off having to wait till next week to get everyone back into training.

We were crying out for a creative midfielder before the season began and I saw so so many posts on here saying we have enough with McAtee and Bobb etc... laughable. (PS. I think Bobb will be amazing in 1 or 2 years time)

We will be fine though... I think we probably tried to sign someone and just couldn't get it over the line. Rodri is back next game and Bernardo should play his normal position. I couldn't understand why play him DM when Kova is there who offers nothing going forward.

We will still win this league :)
This last bit is all that matters. I think it may be a bumpy ride along the way though, lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.