Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

My take on it. If that's the nearest we have to a challenger this season then the league is ours again in May.
Newcastle and Spurs are a bigger threat for me, Spurs could incredibly be a danger, even more so with only 1 game a week.

City had the lowest number of shots under Pep in premier league yesterday,sums up pretty well how poor we were attacking Arsenal.
This has been Pep 's template for big games,it is the same way we played against Real ,Leipzig and Bayern away matches or even Arsenal away last season .The problem now is midfield is contributing nothing in terms of goals and assists .

I thought when we had the January last season and were far back in the league that it would be the transition season bedding in the likes of Haaland and Alverez plus moving back to a system of playing with a recognised forward. It ended up in a season to end all seasons.

However with the personnel we have lost due to being sold or out long term injuries maybe this one will be it. The likes of Doku and Nunes will have to get used to playing in our system. It took Mahrez and Grealish more than 12 months for the penny to drop. You look at our lineup though minus Gundo, Mahrez and De Bruyne they are still a lot better than what we have as competition in the premier league. Pep will tweak something an search for a balance that works after the international break. I imagine he is well pissed off having to wait till next week to get everyone back into training.
Oh we have the worlds best to get it right so we have a chance ;)

Up until march last season i still wasnt sure

This has been Pep 's template for big games,it is the same way we played against Real ,Leipzig and Bayern away matches or even Arsenal away last season .The problem now is midfield is contributing nothing in terms of goals and assists .
I get it in the cl 2 leg play off,but we dont have to play that way in the premier league.

Its a fact. Sat and watched the game with someone who would know last night.
I was told at the chelsea game when we got the prem trophy, by the same bloke, that an offer was on the table but his heart was set on barca.
Like he said, by the time it got to the Chelsea game it was too late. Not sure why you think he would lie..

What still rankles with me today is that we played for a 0-0, why? Even if Pep was worried about them having Saka and Martinelli in the starting 11 then once their team sheet was out then surely he can alter the thoughts about how we approach the game? They were there for the taking and we did fuck all.

One of the most boring games I’ve had the displeasure to watch in a long time, we were wank.

Watched the MOTD highlights (muted). Thought we had the better chances tbh whilst nowt clear-cut. Arsenal won with another lucky deflection. Draw would have been a fair result. Surprised Kovacic stayed on the pitch mind.

On to the next one though and that's just that. We're still on our way to yet another league title. C'mon City FTW!!

Domestically, the goals have definitely dried up
Right, but it's clearly because Rodri hasn't played the last three games. In fact, he's missed the last three-and-a-half games if you count the second half against Forest. The one game Rodri played in, against Leipzig, everything went back to normal. Rodri's back in from next week so it shouldn't be a concern. If we can get Phillips shifted in January and bring in someone who's better equipped at filling in then it shouldn't get like it currently is again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.