Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

We were lucky to get nil. Let the Goons celebrate winning the Premier league in October and then we'll come back in a few weeks and dismantle Brighton. These games happen, we were slow and lethargic and we all know Rodders was a huge miss. We are the only team capable of putting 10-12 game winning run together and that is what we will do before the seasons out.

Most people seem to have accepted that the payback for finishing every season so strongly, is that we start the season a bit sluggishly and under prepared.

It’s a fair trade off. No team in history has ever been bang at it week in week out for 10 months straight.

Yet the excellent start to the season points wise, has seemed to make a few forget that.

A defeat by the narrowest margin to your biggest rival on their own pitch, with your two most influential midfielders both out, at this stage of the season is annoying but pretty insignificant in the grand scheme.

If we’re still in touch by Christmas, and even if we’re not like last season, you can be pretty confident you’ll be watching a different City team when things start getting serious.
Sooner or later, that bucket is going to come up empty if we go to that well every season.

We have, by all accounts, had a fairly easy start to the season. The next 10 games or so will determine who we are going into the 2024
Pep needs to get a grip of the issue of discipline and self control in our squad.
Whether it be Rodri, Grealish ,and Ederson overly eager to get involved head to head ,also we are picking up a lot of cards with rash ill timed tackling.
i was going to bring up how the indiscipline on the touchline has bled into the pitch, and how it is the seasoned pros who have been showing it…which puzzles me.

I hope it isn’t arrogance rearing its ugly head.

We were crying out for a creative midfielder before the season began and I saw so so many posts on here saying we have enough with McAtee and Bobb etc... laughable. (PS. I think Bobb will be amazing in 1 or 2 years time)

We will be fine though... I think we probably tried to sign someone and just couldn't get it over the line. Rodri is back next game and Bernardo should play his normal position. I couldn't understand why play him DM when Kova is there who offers nothing going forward.

We will still win this league :)
The boy from West Ham was exactly what we wanted. We may still get him

Oh, and what a bunch of cheating little whiny cunts Arteta has molded in his own image down there.

From rolling around feigning injury for cards to the shithousery that emanates on the touchline and makes its way onto the field, it all looks very classless from the supposedly classiest team in the country.

There is much to dislike about the way Arteta does business and I hope we turn them over HARD at our place!

Shit game but not unexpected. Our best backup for Rodri is Stones and with both being back after international break it should help. Everyone knows we're missing creativity but we can't buy everyone in one window and noone expected KDB to be out for the first half of the season. I was surprised Grealish didn't play yesterday as his ball retention and ability to get us up the pitch is crucial in big matches which he was very effective for us last season. Let's use this international break to reset and go again as we have tough fixtures coming up.

Sooner or later, that bucket is going to come up empty if we go to that well every season.

We have, by all accounts, had a fairly easy start to the season. The next 10 games or so will determine who we are going into the 2024

i was going to bring up how the indiscipline on the touchline has bled into the pitch, and how it is the seasoned pros who have been showing it…which puzzles me.

It could be frustration. There's been a lot of change since the treble. Kev, Stonesy, Bernie and Grealish being injured, Peps back issue and his touchline ban, influential players leaving, players coming in, new playing style, sorting out Bernie's contract. Thats a lot to deal with. Hopefully we can still be in the mix when it all settles down and we start clicking into form on all fronts.

Jesus Christ, Some people need a head wobble

We have just come off the greatest season in the club's history and let's not forget the World Cup in midseason.
Players are human, We did not have a pre-season and went straight into the Asia tour and then the community shield and UEFA Super Cup,

We all need to keep calm and relaxed, Nobody is winning or losing anything after only 8 games, From what we have all watched this season Manchester City is OK and will be fine, One big result will send the rest back under their bricks again.

Asia tour, sorry fixed it now

Oh, and what a bunch of cheating little whiny cunts Arteta has molded in his own image down there.

From rolling around feigning injury for cards to the shithousery that emanates on the touchline and makes its way onto the field, it all looks very classless from the supposedly classiest team in the country.

There is much to dislike about the way Arteta does business and I hope we turn them over HARD at our place!

Our ex player Jesus being one of the worst for it there

Was he always a little shithouse prick and we just turned a blind eye? I don't recall ever really thinking so.

5 of our next 6 league games are really tough ones.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.