Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

I thought this was a tense game and, well as Bernado played in an unaccustomed position, City clearly suffer when Rodri doesn't play. A lot of rubbish has been talked nevertheless. Shearer thinks it is good for Arsenal and good for the PL that City lost. Well, Alan, life is tight at the top every season. Last season we did the double over Arsenal but they were the only top four team we beat away from the Etihad. The season before we won at Chelsea, drew at Liverpool but lost at Spurs. In 2020-1 we performed very creditably t our top four "rivals" but the real exception is the Centurions season but that was exceptional in so many ways. The theme common to all these seasons is that City ended the season as champions. I'm not sure how much of a boost the PL can take from our loss at Arsenal! And Danny Murphy's praise for Arsenal "stopping City from playing" and reducing us to one shot on target rings a little Hollow as Arsenal manage only two on target ... at home. This was a game heading fo a goalless draw, and it was not decided by Arteta's masterful substitutions as Danny suggested. All four did touch the ball in the build up but the decisive intervention was made unwittingly by the very unfortunate Ake.

This season will be decided, as always, by the team which performs best over 38 games and we have proved rather good at that. Winning four on the trot is not easy and is unprecedented but the unpreceented hasn't been a problem for us either. I can't say we'll win the league again this season but I think we have the best squad to try.

Shit game but not unexpected. Our best backup for Rodri is Stones and with both being back after international break it should help. Everyone knows we're missing creativity but we can't buy everyone in one window and noone expected KDB to be out for the first half of the season. I was surprised Grealish didn't play yesterday as his ball retention and ability to get us up the pitch is crucial in big matches which he was very effective for us last season. Let's use this international break to reset and go again as we have tough fixtures coming up.

Said towards the end of last season that we need at least 2 of Dias, Stones and Rodri fit always. Still feels the case now.

The wankfest isn’t improving my mood.
I’ve seen things like
“masterclass”
“Arteta 10/10”
“Title favourites”
It was a deflective goal ffs.

Some people need to wobble thier heads.Please do not become entitled we cant win the league every year we will not be far off at the end but not sure its ours this year we are intergrating new players Kdb and Stones big misses 1 serious injury to Rodders we are goosed.The scum did not win it every year im sure Pisscan used ti say to the board listen we have shipped a few out and it will take time to gel we might nick a cup.
Pep is a genius with plenty of credit in the bank god knows what some people would be like if we went 2 yrs without a trophy or god forbid 35 yrs.Us old timers would still be here.I cant stand the must win everything attitude.Love winning but love meeting my blue mates and drinking reminiscing about times and people gone by.

That isn't saying much, I barely reacted when they scored, which isn't like me at all but I was so bored I'd almost given up caring. Shocking game that had 0-0 written all over it until the lucky deflection.
Exactly, the risk you take trying to see out a 0-0

Not if them shots are hitting the corner flag or row Z. Ederson didn’t have a save to make. The two best chances from open play were both ours. Ake should score and Alvarez unlucky when he closed Raya down. They didn’t have a chance as good as either of those. At home. We were comfortable throughout and but for sheer fluke would be celebrating a very good away performance without key players and others just returning from injury. Most frustrating thing for me was why we didn’t just head that long punt away that led to the goal.
Good away performance, take the blue tints off.
Arsenal were there for the taking, we slumbered through trying to hold out for a draw and got punished.

Issue for me, and as great as Rodri is, him being out for 3 games should not have such a dramatic effect on the players selected.
Exactly this, the drop off has been immense.
A club with our scouting network and budget should be in this position.

Singing champions again ole constantly before a goals been scored = knew what was going to happen after that - smugness never pays off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.