Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

No complaints as fully expected a defeat given the state of flux we are in.
Actually did better than I expected and it had 0-0 all over it.
Stuffy winner.
Time to re set in 2 weeks with Rodders and Stones back.
Back to the 4 CH in defence with Walker out and Stones in the false role.
Was always gonna be hard this season after last years treble. I worry that the signings we have made are not good enough

Give your head a wobble Pep. I think you’re amazing but that’s on you. Poor management, selection, subs have cost us. Hate calling out Pep but today he’s lost it.

For me the key takeaways from that game are;

The energy of Lewis was great for me - takes up good positions and you can tell is a real dog of war.

Kova/ nunes are good players but won’t develop into a key player for us. Need Rodri next to them for them to shine rather being able to take the burden in his absence.

Pep clearly decided arsenal were too strong on the transitions so kept the shape and played pretty much 3 dms.

Haaland - love the guy, but when he’s not scoring his work ethic is shocking. For their goal he barely walked over to put pressure on the midfielder who played ball over. He’s a big guy and needs to up his all round game, be more of a handful.

Foden - looks good on half turns but want him to really grab the game by the balls.

We were crap and didn't assert ourselves as normal, thought Arsenal just ran around a lot and scored a flukey winner. It's very early days and I'm sure we'll be in the mixup come the end. Just a pity that Stones has been out over the Rhodri suspension, he's the only cover for that position.

One; this is a blessing in disguise. It shows we are toothless without the influence of Rodri and de Bruyne. That, in itself is incredible.

More so than that, it shows how much Rodri keeps us ticking even when he has off days.

Two; in saying that it's surprising we don't have a secondary balance in mid. That might be down to a lack of preseason for Kova and Nunes but, as I said last week (and got told I was flapping), we have a soft underbelly.

Dragging Bernardo and Foden in to help, wasn't the answer. Having a ball playing CB or two (Gvardiol couldn't do it on his own) is vital for control of the middle of the park.

I'm so used to seeing Guardiola come out on top with his tinkerings that this kind of surprised me having Lewis pair with Kova. Inexperience and mobility was never going to work and I felt that in my guts at the start.

We look shite without Rodri in the middle, no control. Need to ship Phillips out and get someone competent to deputise for the big man.

Absolute hash, ref did us a favour first half, wtf was Pep thinking keeping Kovacic on so long. Never played today but Rodri you plonker, 3 games out and 3 losses, what if he was out for season were fucked. Two weeks to stew on that shitty performance, it’s been coming, we better get 3 or 4 players in January transfer window as we have many that aren’t performing and can’t be relied upon. Not good enough

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.