Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

Shocking performance, we are looking just like we did this time last year, lost, leggy and complacent.
I totally agree about the performance, but I'll take us looking like we did this time last year if we get the same ending!

As expected really, we are a shadow of the side that won the treble last season. We cannot keep a clean sheet anymore and we are absolutely toothless up front even with the best striker in the world playing for us.
No idea whats going on, we have zero pace, zero creativity and cannot get Haaland into games and the few chances he does get which he scored for fun last season, he now has turned into Sampras.
Its not a one off also, we are only where we are in the PL due to an easier run of fixtures up to now but we have been miles off it for over a month and with Brighton, Rags, Dippers and Chelsea all coming up, if things dont change we will drop further behind.
3 defeats to PL teams in last 4 games. We laugh at the Rags but if they beat us, which is possible with how we are playing (and usually officiated there) they are only 3 points off us.
And its time to sack yet another set piece coach, is there any club in the league so shocking at them
one example of what you are talking about.

Kovacic picked up a ball half way inside his own half exactly where KDB normally would...he drove forward but then lost the ball - there is one difference - he never looked like creating.

We have ball carriers but no creativity from them

People are saying it was a shockng performance...but its not shocking at all....it was around the same level as we have played most of the season baring the Newcastle game - below par and well below par....we are hugely missing two of the best players in the world in their positions but the others are not stepping up especially in the attacking half of the pitch

Since last year, it's clear that there has been a drop in quality compared to the Gundi-KDB-Rodri trio. Nunes, on the other hand, seems like a complete flop; he appears to be just an average player. As for Doku, he's quite weak in decision-making, and when faced with a decent defender in terms of both skill and speed, it becomes apparent that he's not as fast as many believe him to be. In fact, he's rather slow in full sprints, and to make matters worse, he often seems lazy on the field, sometimes just jogging around. The team's creativity takes a hit in the absence of KDB, and even the so-called "wonderkid" Foden fails to inject the necessary spark. It's apparent that against stronger opposition, the team struggles to come to life without KDB pulling the creative strings.
We need to start scouting a genuine creative player for next summer. Making a mistake in that area could have significant consequences, especially considering that KDB won't be getting any younger.
Roll on us getting to 40 points, eh?

Then we can relax

absolute terrible performance. I'm so done with this team now. I started supporting before champions league 2021 final because I thought this was a winning team. yeah we lost but I gave them another chance and last season was nice but this isn't the team I thought I was supporting.

Seems like they've lost desire since last season. Pep is getting outdone by other managers too, but it happens, some managers like Mourinho have their moments and the game moves on.

Tottenham is looking like a pretty good team to support right now.

I'll see how we go between now and Christmas but if things haven't improved by then, then I'm not wasting my time.
Christmas??? I admire your loyalty.

From the get go they looked like rabbits in the headlights and were there for a hiding. We laboured to squander any chance to do that. When the one talking point from the first half was our CM's brain farts it was sign of things to come. An off day yes, just sticks in the craw on the back of the loss last weekend.

We were always going to lose against them some time, long long way to go, not even bonfire night yet. Anyone stressing, pull yourself together, we have a spell like this every year, 2 points behind.

Exactly this only usually were 7/8 behind

First, Arsenal are small time c***.

We needed that kick, it's wake up call for Pep and our staff to find a way to get us back to the top of the mountain.

If we don't win it this year, we don’t need to panic. We still have Pep and Khaldoon, both are proven winners and they will not sit idle and allow us to fall off for too long.
Heard on here last week that the wolves game was a kick for us to get in shape for today... dont think these kicks work when you turn up with zero ambition to win from the outset.

We were always going to lose against them some time, long long way to go, not even bonfire night yet. Anyone stressing, pull yourself together, we have a spell like this every year, 2 points behind.
Hopefully Gundogan or De Bruyne can kick start us again against Brighton

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.