Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

Rodri’s absence has cost us. It realised my direct fear when he was sent off.

Anyways, we were unfortunate to lose the game today. They scored twice against us this season. Twice a huge deflection.
A draw would’ve been fair. And Kovacic was lucky to be on the pitch when he was subbed.

Finally I’m totally not worried about losing the title.
Totally true we didn’t deserve to but we didn’t deserve to win. We will win more than we lose but in January we need to buy a midfielder passer, that can split defences. So we are not so reliant on our present players. Good performances from Rico and Foden today

We were a bit lucky to win the FA Cup game vs Arsenal in January, they were a bit lucky to win today.

Our recent problems have come from being a bit off in terms of energy and desire. Instead of trying to score a 3d goal vs Forest, we started to pass the ball for the sake of it and this led to some people getting nervous and Rodri getting a red. Today we were happy to take a draw in the 2nd half and got punished.

Maybe some players are a bit complacent or tired from last season.

My expectations: we'll have other difficulties before Christmas and people will be wondering whether we are going to have a shit season. Then we'll improve...The only thing that can stop us is injuries. If we avoid injury crises, we'll be great in the 2nd half of the season. Before that we'll have other shit results though.
Don't often agree with Neville but thought he was right today in saying what you have alluded to about some players being tired, although I don't think complacent is the right word, self motivation would be more apt.
Considering all that they went through last season in achieving what they did there was relief mixed in with the celebrations. It is only natural that there would be some drop off both physically and mentally at the start of the season despite however much the say that they are up for it again. Perhaps these losses and the international break have come at the right time allowing them to refocus.
Still think that the only team that can beat us are us. If that win was a statement by Arsenal then it was a garbled one as they didn't really prove that they were better than nor did it tell the others at the top that they now need to worry about them.

One of the worst games I've seen in a while. Absolutely horrible and unwatchable. Pep definitely holds some blame for this one.

1. We didn’t lose the title today
2. Kalvin’s time must surely be up now
3. We are bedding in four new players which will take time
4. Can people stop flapping
5. Neither team deserved to win
6. Do Arsenal have a team bet with some lawn manufacturer as to how many times they can roll around. Jesus in particular was embarrassing
7. Genuinely didn’t realise Rice was playing
8. Half the away end was magnificent today the other half barely moved. When will the club stop making tickets available to day trippers who little or no affiliation to the team

The reality of why like today and wolves etc etc we have been pretty fukin poor by our lofty standards is we have nothing in middle of the park to get the ball forwards quickly. Bernardo picking the ball up from the back he was so deep ridiculous. Kovacic does not look fit well off the pace. Pep formation was a massive blunder today and like some said we fuked up going soooo defensive vrs a gooners without saka, martineli and partey not starting. Alvarez and Erling really disappointed me upfront today but massively impacted by lack of creatvity we were getting from all of those behind them apart from Rico and Phil were are best players by a country mile with Josep. Where our centre backs are the majority of the team keep chipping it into the opps half/ box aint a good sign either.

Anyway we will work it out. Why not we have many times b4:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.